Happy Valentine’s Day!

February 14, 2012

Hello, Friends! Have you had your fill of hearts and pink today? We started the morning with a special breakfast for the kids — pancakes + raspberry milk + a little gift too. Happily, they don’t have school today, so breakfast was leisurely and late. My very favorite kind! And tonight, perhaps a little come-hither haiku. : )

I hope you get a chance to show someone a little love today. Happy Valentine’s Day!

P.S. — Image from Hearts in Nature.

1 Renee February 14, 2012 at 8:34 am

Your breakfast sounds delightful. Please share – how do you make raspberry milk? I’m intrigued.

2 Design Mom February 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

Hi Renee! It’s super easy and yummy too. In a blender mix milk, frozen raspberries and some sugar (or your favorite sweetener), then blend. It turns out a lovely pale pink and gets really frothy.

For my family, I use approx 2 quarts of milk, 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries and 1/4 cup of sugar. But you’ll have to taste your own concoction and see if you want more tart raspberries or more sweet sugar. : )

3 the emily February 14, 2012 at 11:24 am

How fun! We’re kind of boring with Valentine’s day (we’ll go out this weekend with our baby-sitting swap) but my 7 year old requested a candlelight dinner, so I’m happy to oblige (and I’m still laughing that he even knows what a candle light dinner IS).

4 Jen Byard February 14, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Sounds delicious! We had chocolate chip waffles with strawberries and whipped cream :) It’s a day for unlimited sugar! Happy Valentines :)

5 Ann February 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm

That breakfast sounds good & love no school days!

6 Chris Olson February 14, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I love a leisurely breakfast too. A nice time to hear what each child will be doing that day–and to make sure they actually eat something healthy before they run off to school. I bet the raspberry milk looks as delicious as it tastes! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Valentine’s Day from chilly Colorado! xo Chris

7 Marielle February 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm

So glad you’re still in Normandy. We live somewhat vicariously through you. All right–totally vicariously! You go girl.