Book of the Week: Pantone Colors

February 28, 2012

Look how fun: A toddler book of colors from Pantone! If you know any designers who are about to become parents, this would make the cutest gift. But really, it’s pretty for anyone. At our house, we think it’s so pretty, we leave it out on our coffee table!

P.S. — I have the UK version — Colours instead of Colors. Do you like how they handled the two different covers?

1 Corrie Anne February 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

Oooo!! I love that. I’d have fun studying that!! It’d be great in a classroom too.

2 Barchbo February 28, 2012 at 10:25 am

I love this! Definitely ordering it! Thanks for the tip!

3 Haydee February 28, 2012 at 10:28 am

I LOVE this! It’s perfect timing for an interior designer friend of mine who’s pregnant. Great share:)

4 Cortnie February 28, 2012 at 10:44 am

I’ve run into many instances where my boys are confused at what color something is that isn’t the traditional, red, blue, yellow, etc. So this would be a perfect way to introduce all the differences in color!

xo
cortnie

5 se7en February 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

Oh this is just wonderful!!! Love it!!!

6 Starr February 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

I like the UK edition cover better.

7 Christine February 28, 2012 at 11:51 am

I agree. Not sure if it’s because I spell it the same way or because it’s break of the first syllable.

I like the book, thanks for this!

8 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag February 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

This is…… A Very Brilliant Idea. Yippee! Just found a great cool birthday gift for my baby nephew!

9 col @ hello olive February 28, 2012 at 11:36 am

oh wow, I love this!

10 Ann February 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I have to get that book – my daughter would love it!!!

11 @scribblingmum February 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Oh yes – love it.

12 Anneke February 28, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Want! Perfect.

13 Jenni Bailey February 28, 2012 at 12:47 pm

So beautiful! I am definitely going to get one for my little one!

14 Jen Hansard February 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm

This is incredible! It’s a mom+designers new best friend. Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these!

15 The New Diplomats Wife February 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm

love this! I can’t seem to pass up a good colors book or a counting book or a words book – and my daughter can’t seem to get enough either so it works out, this one is definitely on the list!

16 Christina February 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I want this for … MYSELF! That’s okay, right?!

17 Sabine Seeboth February 28, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Thank you for sharing – it’s a great book and a must have for every designer. I will get it definitely for myself for inspiration.

18 Heidi February 28, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I love this! My husband owns a screenprinting company so it will fit in perfectly. I’m from Canada, where we spell colour with a ‘u’ but was disappointed to find the ‘color’ version for sale here

19 Sally February 28, 2012 at 3:56 pm

What a fantastic book. I’ll definitely be buying that one for my daughters – and putting one away for a graphic designer friend who is sure to have babies soon :)
As an Australian living in America the missing “u” in words like colour is a conundrum I come across every day. I think this book is cute enough to make up for the missing letter though :)

20 Melanie February 28, 2012 at 4:09 pm

This is awesome, Gabrielle! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to get this for Nathaniel.

21 gyoza*girl February 28, 2012 at 4:15 pm

love!!

22 Rebecca February 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm

This is a lovely book. I have probably ordered at least 10 different books you have recommended- however I never use your Amazon link. Shipping from Amazon to Australia is very expensive. I usually buy from bookdepository.co.uk (with free worldwide shipping) . Could you ever set up a link to them too- I would love for you to get some kind of incentive for reccomending such great books!
Rebecca

23 Laura February 28, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Excellent, the wee ones will now be required to ask for their wall paint by the proper name!

24 Allison February 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Ahhhhhh! I love it!! This is perfect for my color blind child…or cruel! But none the less…it’s fantastic!

25 gina vide February 29, 2012 at 3:14 am

I love this book! Thank you for sharing. I wish our kids were small enough for it and will remember this for gift giving. I wanted to tell you that I linked to your goldfish artwork post today. (You did such a great job on this!) We’re adding paintings to our “Pet Gallery; plus painting favorite toys — I was inspired by your goldfish… I hope you and your family are enjoying your holidays! Warmest/Gina
PS: I loved the eating posting. I feel that our house attempts to appreciate food & the art of dining in the French style, consider nutrition in the Swedish style and add American flair… with our own preferences thrown in (like my husband living around the world growing up and brought his love of hummus & the Lebonese kitchen with him) and travels… I think in the US we have so many messages thrown at us.
Pet Portrait link to you: http://www.willowday.com/2012/02/pet-portraits.html

26 Andrew Tweddle February 29, 2012 at 7:28 am

Think this book may provide more pleasure for parents than children, but it is admittedly very cute.

27 Jen February 29, 2012 at 8:51 am

What a great book!

28 Diane February 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I am so happy to know about this book! I always love to read the names of colors on nail polish or paint swatches. I love that they’ve named each color with a child-appropriate name.

29 Lauren March 1, 2012 at 5:19 am

Woah! Why didn’t I think of that!? I am an Art Director with two little girls would who SO dig this book. And yes, I do love the two different covers. But I secretly still want the “Colours” version. It is so much more exotic. Thanks for the great find!

30 Georgie Watts March 2, 2012 at 4:38 am

Yay, what a great little book! :D

31 Sara from Lovely Shelter March 8, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Thank you so much for this book suggestion! I study Interior Design and couldn’t wait to get it for my son after I read your post, but now it’s hanging out on our coffee table too! When I asked for it at the bookstore, they had to go get it out of the stock room as it hadn’t even been put out on the shelves yet. I was standing in the store with 3 employees who were all oohing and aahing over it. I’m in Canada, and we spell things like the Brits, but funnily enough they only sold the American version. I like the way ‘color’ fits on the cover with this version, even if the spelling looks funny to me! I’ll be reading this one with my son lots! I hope he likes it as much as me!

32 Angela March 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm

OK, this is now on my baby registry! Love it!

33 Alex Chell March 15, 2012 at 6:25 am

Oo oo oo! I just HAVE to get one! For me. Not the kiddies. I’m such a colour geek. And soooo happy there is a UK English version! ;-) I prefer the UK front cover – seems more balanced to me. I like Patone being tucked under the C. Or maybe it’s just I saw that one first and am a bit of a stickler for ‘proper’ British spelling?! ;-)

34 Maria October 10, 2012 at 9:43 am

I just bought this book “for my daughter” for her birthday! LOL. It’s gorgeous.

35 dr oz garcinia March 23, 2013 at 8:33 am

Hi, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s actually fine, keep up writing.|