Hello, Friends! Are you well? I’ve had a fun few days. One of my very best friends from high school has been visiting (her wonderful mom, too!), and we’ve been running around all the touristy places in Normandy. But. It’s the coldest weather I’ve seen since we moved here! So the monuments and hot spots have been completely deserted. It’s interesting to see a place like Mont St. Michel with hardly a soul around. Have you ever toured in the off-season? Did you like it?
Our guests took the train to Paris today, so it looks like we’ll have a cozy family weekend at home. We’ll be keeping the firewood burning, and I’m predicting some baking too. I adore baking when it’s freezing outside! While I think of yummy baked goods, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Today I’m inspired by furniture painted by children. Thank you, Karey!
- Did you hear? Alt Summit is offering ONLINE classes. Smart, inexpensive and starting on Monday with a class from famous Erin Loechner. Grab your spot!
- 5 Valentine projects to sweeten up your home.
- I’m a believer, but I like what he has to say.
- Let’s make ribbon wands.
- Have you ever considered life without a TV?
- What a fun party! I want to copy the juice box covers.
- Remember the Swedish workmen? Here are some French ones. Thanks, Claire!
I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- 10 candy-free classmate valentines.
- Custom Viewmaster reels with YOUR photos. Genius for a reunion or party!
- The prettiest dishes for kids.
- Makes me think of warmer weather.
- The coolest new ABC book.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And I hope you stay warm! I’ll be sending thoughts of knitted hats and woolen scarves your way. : ) I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already!