A Few Things

February 17, 2012

Hello, Friends. I hope you are well! This has been such a funny week. I feel like I’ve put in a thousand work hours but only made a little progress. Have you ever had a week like that? I mentioned my frustration on Facebook and readers had the best suggestions! I’m determined to have a fantastic weekend to make up for it. I hope you do too!

In the meantime, here are few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- This chromatic typewriter made me gasp! via Colossal
- Analogue Life looks good to me.
- Is this the new version of writing on the backs of photos?
- 5 Ways to bring Spring home a little earlier.
- Have you become a lame parent?
- One year in 40 seconds.
- I bet I would play with these as much as my kids.
- The rad site ColourLovers, asked me for a little interview.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- These will get you singing in the shower.
- This has been keeping my youngest ones busy during the school break.
- An effective way to get more children educated.
- I always like window shopping for this.
- Australia knows how to do summer right.

I hope you have a marvelous weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Kim February 17, 2012 at 8:28 am

Oh my! That typewriter is amazing! I’m in love.

2 {plum} February 17, 2012 at 8:28 am

…holy Heaven, Batman!!!!!!!

I am dying over this typewriter. What a perfectly awesome idea. Art genious, for sure.

With six kids, living abroad, it’s a certainty that your thousand hours of unaccomplished work ran circles around the rest of us. Celebrate that this fantastic weekend!

Here’s to every mom’s little accomplishments everyday. Whether they feel accomplished or not!

best –
d.

post script: navy + black = awesome.

3 Ana February 17, 2012 at 8:43 am

I agree about the Aussies. Thank you for the links. Happy weekend!

4 Destri February 17, 2012 at 8:48 am

I hate those kinds of weeks. Here’s hoping for a great weekend :)

Off to check out our links, they are always the best!

5 aidan larson (@conjirregverbs) February 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

Thanks for sharing the Dear Photograph link. What a cool idea. These are my favorite of your posts…i always learn something.
aidan

6 the sleepy time gal February 17, 2012 at 9:47 am

i LOVE the connection made with the past on those old photographs. very inspiring. hope next week is a week of confidence, success and peace.

7 gina vide February 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

You’ve managed to spread the opposite — I hope that helps and encourages. I always leave your page a little happier! Any good advise to share?!
Feeling similar in Sweden… juggling family, work, visitors, health and snow – and always feeling as thought I get a fraction of what I envision finished…! I can’t indulge myself in Spring Fever quite yet! :) In fact, decided I’ll continue with ice art and snow related things through the month… With nephews arriving within hours – we’re going to do all things Swedish-snow over the next week but will enjoy any Spring flowers you can share! Warmest Wishes!

8 Genevieve February 17, 2012 at 10:25 am

Wow! Love the lame parent commentary! There are many ways I am a lame parent like stopping for a chocoloate milk at Starbucks at my daughter’s insistence when I know that she can wait until we get home for a healthy drink after preschool. Or, letting my 6 year old son play Wii for an hour because he got his math homework done from when he was sick for a week.

But, this week I didn’t feel so lame! We sat down as a family and made valentines inspired by the 3D cards you made with your kids. Our kids were the only ones with handmade Valentines in their classes! One more thing that is not so lame…We had planned to go to DisneyWorld and because of money decided to go to Moab and camp at Arches for Spring Break. We are realizing that the trip to Moab is going to be wonderful for the kids in a totally different way than Disney World. Thanks for sharing that, Gabrielle! I am fighting being lame every day.

9 Genevieve February 17, 2012 at 10:34 am

I’m back! Love the Dear Photographs! I can’t wait to do a couple of those myself. I think that one framed would make a wonderful gift!

10 Di February 17, 2012 at 11:40 am

Love the keyboard! I had exactly those straws as a child made by Galt I think – they had little plastic stars to hold them together – almost as much fun as stickle bricks!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

11 Heather February 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm

How funny is it that I posted ‘A Few Things’ on my blog yesterday? ;) Great minds think alike! Also- LOVE the typewriter!! xoxo

12 amy c February 17, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I enjoy this list so much. The ‘Lame’ article had me crying with laughter. :) Perfect way to feel uplifted after a rough week here. Thanks. :)

13 Krystle @ Color Transformed Family February 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I love that type writer. It just made my afternoon a little more cheerful. I hope you have a great weekend and get a little rest.

14 snowfern February 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm

typewriter. WANT.

15 Michelle Glauser February 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I saw your ColourLovers interview and was pleasantly surprised!

16 Victoria February 17, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Love the Squiggles App, and the kiddos haven’t even seen it yet!!!
Gorgeous Australian summer clothes too. Bring on summer please.

17 Ann February 18, 2012 at 7:06 am

Love the typewriter! I love are that makes you think!!! Thanks for sharing! I honestly get so inspired with my visits to Design Mom!!!

18 Ann February 18, 2012 at 7:08 am

art note are – ugh!!! I really have to proof-read everything!

19 Sadie S February 18, 2012 at 8:58 am

The straw toy already exists! Here it is on amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Straws-Connectors-705-piece-Set/dp/B0015344GM I grew up with a set and we would swap out new straws once the old ones got stretched out from the connectors. It seems like the same idea.

20 Zsa Zsa February 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Cool typewriter. Reminds of the time when my daughter saw one and asked “Mom, what’s that thing that looks like a big computer keyboard?’

21 invitation consultants February 20, 2012 at 10:18 am

wow – that is fantastic

22 Logo Designs February 20, 2012 at 10:56 pm

This is very amazing! this is fantastic :D