Japanese Office Supplies

January 5, 2012

Look how fun: Japanese Office Supplies!

I always get back-to-school flashbacks at the beginning of the year. Making resolutions feels more real with new pens and a clean notebook. : )

The box of silver-wrapped colors are multi-surface crayons. They can be used on paper like traditional crayons, but also on glass, plastic, bathtubs and whiteboards — then wiped clean with a wet cloth. I think my kids are going to love them!

I’m also super happy about this dustless chalk. I think I wanted them mostly because they’re neon. : ) Pretty much everything Japan makes seems cool to me. I basically want one of each.

Any new planners, calendars, pencils, etc. at your house this year?

P.S. — I couldn’t resist the tiny little elephant clips either. They also come in pigs, squirrels, cats, turtles…

1 Sandra Gonzales January 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

Elephant paperclips? Too cute!

2 Chi @ Carousel January 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

The Japanese do everything with such unique style!

I bought myself some Japanese brass paperclips last year. I haven’t been able to look at a regular paperclip the same way since.

I love the multi-surface crayons and dustless chalk – what great finds! My daughter is too young for them but I’ll certainly bookmark them for the future.

Thanks Gabrielle!

3 RebeccaNYC January 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

I have visited Japan 5 times for work…a visit to an office supply store is an absolute MUST!

4 megan January 5, 2012 at 10:07 am

LOVE those elephant paper clips!

5 Bethany Kestner January 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

I can’t go into Office Depot or Staples because the smell makes me want to buy ridiculous amounts of pens and paper. Those paper clips are wicked awesome.

6 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag January 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

I love and adore everything Japanese too! I have a whole Pinterest board devoted to all my beloved Japanese finds — these treats are going on it! Thanks Gabrielle! Ordering the dustless neon chalk STAT.

7 Marcia Francois January 5, 2012 at 11:47 am

I am definitely ordering the dustless chalk and those cute paperclips :)

8 kristi January 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

ooh, how fun! and great for an Easter basket, too. Thanks for sharing!

9 vermontmommy January 5, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Don’t you just love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils? Oh, how I love office/art supplies.

For Easter, yes, I am already thinking about it, I like to give my kids new art supplies. I will have to check out the products above and see what I can do.

While not quite desk supplies, I did stumble upon Keri Smith’s journals. I bought several of them for my children and am trying to space them out as I want to give them all to them now! :) I think anything I can find that will get my kids to draw, write and create is worth it.

I still recall my desk mate in the 4th grade. She has a beautiful pencil case full of lovely pencils. Oh, how I envied her. I made sure my children had a similar stash. I don’t think they appreciate them quite like I do but they bring back memories for sure.

10 se7en January 5, 2012 at 12:51 pm

This is just the cutest stuff I have seen about forever – love it!!!

11 vermontmommy January 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Okay, I “had” to order. I have a daughter who loves anything to do with dogs. I picked up the dog paper clips similar to the ones you listed above and the dog binder clips. I also got the chalk you mentioned and the the Stabilo erasable marker pens.

Thank you for the recommendations.

12 Stephanie January 5, 2012 at 4:26 pm

MUJI makes the best Japanese office/school supplies. I bought these paperclips as part of a Christmas gift for a friend. They also have animals, weather, etc.

13 Lori H January 5, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I am a sucker for office supplies and school supplies. There is nothing like making a list in a new notebook! :)

14 Ann January 5, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Those would make great stocking-stuffers! I especially love the animal clips and very interested in the dustless chalk (I hate the chalk dust in the kid’s easel tray – totally bugs me! Leave it to the Japanese designers!!!

15 Mau January 6, 2012 at 12:54 am

What have you done to me? I’m trying to limit the amount of stationery my 6 year old has but I’m a closet addict myself. I hope that site doesn’t ship to where I live!

16 Brad January 6, 2012 at 7:06 am

Thanks so much for the JetPens love Gabrielle!

17 Ashlea January 9, 2012 at 6:34 am

Ha ha – it’s so funny that you’re posting this just as I’m about to leave Japan from a 5 year stay. And I keep thinking to myself – but- but- how am I going to buy pens/notepads/tape/clippies/magnets if I can’t go to the stationary store? Thanks for the link!

What are you stocking up on for your return to the States?

18 Rachel January 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I’m a total office supply addict, just like craft supplies, I see things and have to have them! I love organizational supplies and anything adorable. Completely understand your gravitation to add the elephants to your office supplies!

19 Tiffanie January 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I am a sucker for all things Japanese, as well. We have a Daiso here in San Francisco which is basically a Japanese dollar store. I have written a few times in my blog on how much I LOVE to fill shopping baskets with all the wonderful little inventions and creative doodads, but my guilt about the environment usually forces me to put most of it back. :)

20 Kt January 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm

You, madam, are an enabler… I am now awaiting my first delivery from JetPens.
(Thank you!)