Favorite Memory: Waving Goodbye

December 15, 2011

This Captured Series is brought to you by Best Buy. Get unbeatable prices on all digital cameras to capture your family memories this holiday season!

——

Each day, I go check flickr to see more photos of your favorite family memories. It’s a bright spot in my day! This morning, the photos reminded me of one of my own favorite memories — the day we waved goodbye to the Atlantic Ocean.

It was just a few weeks before we moved to Denver. We had lived in New York for 8 years and were broken-hearted to leave. To help my kids say goodbye, we made a list of all of our favorite New York activities (like walking across the Brooklyn Bridge) and put them all on a calendar. One of the very first activities, was waving goodbye to the ocean. I remember that day so clearly! The fog, the empty beach, seeing my kids climbing the boulders. I’m going to tear up just thinking about it…

Do you have a great photo of a favorite family memory? If you submit it, you could win a $500 gift card! It’s easy, just upload it to Flickr with the tag #CapturedPhotoContest_DesignMom. Click here to see the photos that have been submitted so far. Aren’t they great?! You can submit up to five photos until December 24th. Find all the contest details here.

1 Barchbo December 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

And now you live beyond the other side of the Atlantic – isn’t life magical?!
I love those photos – the gray day is a wonderful backdrop.

2 Mary December 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

Whew! It only took me ten days to figure out why my pictures weren’t showing up, but they’re finally out there! Love those beach shots – the ocean is so magical.

3 Beth December 15, 2011 at 10:31 am

I uploaded mine! I can’t see it with the others, but its there, hope you can see it!!!!

4 Melanie Saucier December 15, 2011 at 10:34 am

My comment is not about the contest but about the idea of taking the time to “say good-bye”. We haven’t done this when we left Quebec City to Toronto. We left in a hurry. Now I realize it would have help my oldest son who was 4 at the time.
We plan to move again sooner or later so I am bookmarking this. It’ll be part of a new ritual for our family.
Thanks so much :)

5 Lauren December 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm

This made me incredibly emotional, too! I miss New York every single day.

6 invitation consultants December 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm

how sweet

7 robin December 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I must be crazy because I joined Flickr just to enter! Just as a note : Apparently you have to upload atleast 5 public photos BEFORE you’ll start seeing your photos in searches and photostreams and it may take a couple of days before they appear…so submit sooner rather than later new Flickr users!

8 Mya Maternity December 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I love those photos. Beautiful setting. Thanks for sharing.