Book of the Week: Everything Goes

December 13, 2011

I love having books like this around — the kind with pages that are jam-packed full of illustrations and information. I think Everything Goes is especially good-looking. It’s the sort of book that would be fun for pretty much anyone to open up and discover.

My nephew, Henry, is currently obsessed with all-things-transportation. I’ll bet you have nephew with a similar obsession. : ) This book would be perfect for him!

P.S. — Have your little kids ever developed an obsession? Animals and Legos have always been the big toddler interests at our house.

1 Genevieve December 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

My son’s current obsession is China. He wants Chinese ornaments for the tree, loves Pandas, and draws Chinese scenes all of the time that include the Great Wall, pagodas, pandas, and lanterns. About a year ago, he put up a Great Wall of China that covered several walls and was so long, it ended going through other countries and parts of the United States. It is so fun to watch him be creative and learn about a different part of the world at the same time. Before China, it was Egypt. I’m curious to see how long this obsession will last and what is next!

2 Tan December 13, 2011 at 10:52 am

Hah what an adorable book! One that’ll definitely keep the kids occupied for a while

3 JayEssJay December 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

I do have a nephew obsessed with cars and trucks. And, you better believe, this book is already wrapped up and under the tree for him!!

4 susan December 13, 2011 at 11:09 am

In bed with a cold Sunday night and actually caught the segment on International House Hunters on your family. It was so much more fun watching it because I knew about your blog…………..

5 Corrie Anne December 13, 2011 at 11:59 am

Totally bought this book for nephews this year! Big hit!

6 Liz Stanley December 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm

he still is and we even have that book! Love it

7 Claire December 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I actually do have a nephew, Archie, who is obsessed with transportation. Although his favourites are diggers & trucks! He’s also obsessed with his lawn mower at the moment and all he wants for Christmas is a whipper snipper! lol

8 Rosa @ FlutterFlutter December 13, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I was just flipping through this last night at the book store for my car obsessed little guy!

9 sarah @ two tarts December 13, 2011 at 1:26 pm

This is so perfect for my two year old… I admit it – I don’t love browsing through the “truck book section” and love this illustration style – so THANKS for the tip!! :)

10 Jeannie December 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm

This book looks great for my 3-year-old daughter who loves to know how things work (pipes, engines…)

11 se7en December 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm

That book looks super cute!!!

12 Penny December 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

My daughter (2 years old) is obsessed with an old glue stick. Wants to take it to bed, outside, whatever. A.) any ideas what she will be when she grows up? B.) Is there a book you would recommend : )))))? Love your site, your style, your kids, your ideas. Thank you and enjoy a pretty European Christmas.

13 Michelle Glauser December 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm

My nephew really loved vehicles a few years ago, so I decided to make a video of German vehicles for him. Maybe your nephew would like it. It’s here:

14 elz December 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I bought this book for my nephew’s birthday a couple weeks ago. It’s a hit!

15 Chrissi December 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i love the books of ali mitgutsch! they are in german as far as I know but there isn’t much to read anyway. I think you might like them :)

16 Abby B. December 13, 2011 at 6:17 pm

We just checked that one out from the library and have LOVED it. It will soon be purchased and added to our massive collection permanently. It’s definitely perfect for my son who is both a vehicle enthusiast and a Richard Scarry fan (it’s busyness reminds me so of Scarry books).

17 Kelli K December 13, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I saw this book in the store and wondered if you’d seen it. Simple design and fun!

18 Hannah @ Sparrow + Spark! December 14, 2011 at 12:07 am

I love books like this!

19 walmart garcinia cambogia March 23, 2013 at 8:33 am

Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!|