A Few Things

December 16, 2011

Hello Friends! How are you? Any fun holiday plans this weekend? We are headed to a church Christmas party tonight + gift exchange. Should be fun! We’ve ordered a crumble from our favorite bakery to bring to the party. But I think I’m going to want to hog the whole thing for myself. Then tomorrow, we’re having some family photos taken by Wendy. I’m so excited!

While I finish up the laundry for the photo shoot, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Free labels for foodie gifts.
- Color-blocking.
- 10 ways to upgrade a glass ornament (I love the pom poms!)
- Such a cute idea!
- Speaking of breakfast, I’m dreaming of a cozy nook.
- A sophisticated take on 12 Days of Christmas.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- The perfect gift for your hippie friends.
- Foxes + monkeys + sparklers.
- What’s that? Instagram magnets?
- I’m super into this Christmas album.
- I don’t think I have enough self-control to own this.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — Our front door is looking festive in red and green — now we just need a dusting of snow!

1 amy December 16, 2011 at 8:43 am

hi! i just wanted to thank you for creating such a wonderful blog. i can’t imagine how busy you must be, and i just wanted you to know how much i appreciate what you do. happy holidays!

2 Design Mom December 19, 2011 at 5:28 am

Wow, Amy! Thank you. Your c0mment made my day.

3 {plum} December 16, 2011 at 9:00 am

little pan gift you are genious!

Isn’t everything just that much more awesome when it’s miniaturized!

keep the gift ideas coming. …guess I should start shopping soon!

best – d.

post script: don’t forget, ’tis the season to be jolly. :)

4 All Unwound December 16, 2011 at 10:22 am

Thanks for the link to the glass ornaments! What a lovely way to use up yarn that is left from a well loved project!

I have a whole bunch of last minute items to get done this weekend! Busy time of year. I do like your front door decorations, classic.

5 Design Mom December 19, 2011 at 5:28 am

I hope you breezed through your last minutes tasks!

6 ashley english December 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

thanks so much for the mention, gabby!!! have a wonderful weekend!!!

7 Tan December 16, 2011 at 10:59 am

Breakfast nooks! Oh how i love them. I especially love the first one and the one with the bookshelves.

8 Mya Maternity December 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I love the bubble calander. My kids would pop all the days and I would have no clue which day or month it was. Cute though.

9 Design Mom December 19, 2011 at 5:29 am

I feel the same!

10 Betsy December 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm

So exited, we are going to hear the holiday Boston pops tomorrow night at beautiful symphony hall. Check that off my bucket list!!

11 Design Mom December 19, 2011 at 5:29 am

What an adventure, Betsy! So exciting.

12 Lola December 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm

What great penny pinching ideas this week – colour blocking to liven up homes relatively cheaply (I love), the absolutely beautiful free labels to go with homemade food gifts or the little frying pans, and easy updates for old (or bargain basement) baubles. Thank you for sharing!

As an initially reluctant and now totally convinced iphone owner, I’m quite taken by the instagram magnets too, and that calendar is just the funnest thing :)

13 Kate December 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Chickens are awesome. I highly recommend acquiring some next spring.

14 mandi@herbanhomestead December 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Wow Gabby! Thanks for all of the links! I just spent waaaay too much time perusing! And I second Kate up there- chickens are so fun and easy to keep. Highly recommended!

15 Colleen December 16, 2011 at 10:11 pm

We have a tradition of having a different ethnic dinner each Christmas and this year the kids have chosen French! What do you have for Christmas dinner in France? What are some French traditions?

16 Design Mom December 19, 2011 at 5:30 am

Good question, Colleen! From what I understand, turkey is the thing. But I’ll ask around.

17 Cathe Holden December 16, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Merry Christmas Gabrielle! Thank you so much for linking to my labels. It just tickles me to find your readers visiting my blog! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!

18 This girl loves to talk December 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm

oh that bubble wrap calendar would be perfect for my mum! she loves to pop bubble wrap (i remember i time when she bought some just to pop) if only shipping would make it to australia in time :(

19 Julie Warner December 19, 2011 at 9:47 am

We are hoping for a white Christmas too, but I’m not sure we are going to get it.

20 A.E. December 20, 2011 at 10:08 am

Putting pom-poms in an ornament is such a good idea! It looks easy, but beautiful (something that is perfect for me :-). I already have all my Christmas decorations up right now (I think), but next year I will probably try this.