Fall

November 10, 2011

Fall is gorgeous here. After church on Sunday, a few of us went walking in the orchard across the street from our house so I could take some pictures. Ben Blair took some too. : ) The orchard is at such a pretty stage. The apples have been harvested, but the leaves haven’t completely fallen yet. Lots of color and texture.

What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods? Have you been able to get out and enjoy the season?

1 Ris November 10, 2011 at 7:11 am

Gabrielle, that first photo of you is just stunning. You should frame it!

2 Connie November 10, 2011 at 7:14 am

Did Ben take that first photo of you? You have a coy expression in it :)

Sigh. Around here in the midwest, it’s not even going to be 40 degrees out. And on my commute I saw a few spare flakes. If the sun would break through the clouds, it would make it a lot more tolerable. But, I did break out my winter coat this morning and found the dollar that I always try to remember to slip into the pocket of my coat each spring. So, that was a nice perk.

3 Design Mom November 10, 2011 at 8:17 am

He did! And I’m sure I was flirting with him at the time. : )

4 Anne November 10, 2011 at 7:18 am

We’re still coming down from the worst summer ever in Texas, and it feels SO good. It finally got chilly this week. I’m trying not to think about the fact that summer will come again next year.
I love the orchard pictures!

5 Design Mom November 10, 2011 at 8:17 am

Cool weather after a long hot summer is best feeling!

6 Maria @ Busy as a Bee in Paris November 10, 2011 at 7:39 am

I love fall, especially here in the Vallée de Chevreuse! So nice to see you in the photos! Your photos of fall in your neck of the woods are beautiful and so nostalgic!

7 k a t y November 10, 2011 at 7:43 am

You look so French. Don’t you love how the French, ALL of them, wear scarves? Beautiful.

8 Design Mom November 10, 2011 at 8:18 am

So true! I’ve started to feel like something’s missing if I leave the house without one. : )

9 angie November 10, 2011 at 7:55 am

Ooooh, you look SO beautiful in these!

10 juliagblair November 10, 2011 at 8:02 am

SOOO Lovely! Texture, color and the coming of winter. Beautiful , poignant communication of life and wonder. Sweater weather with gratitude!

11 Design Mom November 10, 2011 at 8:18 am

I love your words, Mom!

12 Jen in TX November 10, 2011 at 8:08 am

You look absolutely beautiful, Gabrielle. Love your outfit!

13 The New Diplomats Wife November 10, 2011 at 8:09 am

love that little touch of red lipstick. and the aigle boots. very french.

14 Design Mom November 10, 2011 at 8:22 am

Did I ever write about how the homeowners left all their wellies in case we might need to use them? Isn’t the nicest thing. Happily, our shoe sizes seem to match up. : )

15 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag November 10, 2011 at 8:11 am

Oh Gabrielle you look like a lovely French vision! This looks like it should be ad for seasonal french coolness! Looooove the outfit. I think you’d enjoy my pix I just posted on our own seasonal fall outing we just took here in the Pac Northwest:
xoxo,Melissa

16 Elisabeth November 10, 2011 at 8:29 am

Oh I love fall !
May I ask a question, is it easy to find a LDS church in France ? For example, is it far away from where you live ? I’m thinking of moving there with my husband and it’s definitely one of the question on my mind.

17 annie November 10, 2011 at 8:52 am

Nothing looks more like fall than what you are wearing…in an apple orchard…so pretty! Currently living in Southern California where there is fall, but you have to really look for it…heading to NYC in a few hours for some real Autumn.

18 sarah November 10, 2011 at 9:09 am

i love the two photos of you. both are movie star quality!!

19 Cortnie November 10, 2011 at 10:11 am

Simply beautiful – love everyone’s boots!

xo
cortnie

20 Misty November 10, 2011 at 11:21 am

Such beautiful pics! Fall here in Calgary has suddenly turned dark, gloomy and cold! Even though I started a Life Outside challenge to inspire others and motivate myself to get the kids outside everyday…I am not doing so well with getting outside. Must. Get. Motivated!

21 Melanie November 10, 2011 at 11:22 am

I live in Seattle and it is GORGEOUS here right now. Fall is my very favorite season. I love the crisp air and the beautiful leaves! Here are a few shots that I took on my Halloween walk. I’m planning to take more this weekend. I need some photos of all of the gorgeous red trees!

22 Genevieve November 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Gorgeous pictures! You look great!

23 Susan November 10, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Beautiful…and you look so chic & French Gabrielle…you all fit right in. ;)

24 Sharlene November 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm

East Tennessee is the absolutely most BEAUTIFUL place to live when it comes to the fall season. Just walking through my neighborhood, every direction I look is ablaze with color: reds, oranges, yellows, browns–it’s like the hills are on fire, the colors are so bright. I can’t get enough of it. And the clear blue, blue sky is the perfect backdrop for such beauty. Temps are cool and crisp, and yet we’ve had a couple of days of 70 degrees. Perfect.

25 Pear Tree Greetings November 10, 2011 at 3:46 pm

These are such gorgeous photos! Love the scarf and the boots… ohh yeah and the gorgeous fall colors :) – Dani

26 Alicia W. November 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm

May I ask where you got your skirt? I love it…I am on the clothes watch again now that my pregnancy is almost done…

27 Grace in my Heart November 10, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Absolutely beautiful photos! Enjoy all that amazing color. Ours just started to turn.

28 Tanya November 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I love your boots! French Fall looks good on you!

29 Heather November 10, 2011 at 9:39 pm

That first picture of you is breathtaking!!!

30 bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com November 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm

We are finally enjoying some nicer weather. Fall in Phoenix is really about being able to go outside again — kind of like Spring everywhere else. I do miss the fall leaves, but I’m so glad I can live vicariously through your beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them with me ;)

31 whoorl November 20, 2011 at 3:06 pm