Book of the Week: Over and Under the Snow

November 14, 2011

Here’s a wonderful book to welcome the wintry weather. Over and Under the Snow is written by Kate Messner, with illustrations by Christopher Silas Neal. Over the snow, all is calm and quiet, but under the snow is a world of creatures and life and hibernation.

Sweet, charming — and you’ll probably learn something too. Read it while your kids are cozied up under lots of blankets. Or on the first day it snows!

P.S. — Watch for my list of Top Holiday Picture Books coming soon.

1 Cecilia Madden November 14, 2011 at 6:26 am

Oh, I love this book…and I love all your picks so I can’t wait to see what you share with us! Happy Monday :)

2 Marlo November 14, 2011 at 9:34 am

Love seasonal book recommendations, particularly with an eye on design!

3 betsy November 14, 2011 at 10:05 am

I picked up this book for my son for Christmas. It really is a lovely book.

4 Cortnie November 14, 2011 at 11:46 am

This looks so enchanting – I’ll have to get it. I followed your recommendation for We Need A Horse and we all love it!

xo
cortnie

5 TN November 16, 2011 at 1:48 am

I love your book of the week segment!

I always have trouble finding good books…and my toddler is really getting into them I have to keep up!

TN

6 Graylin November 16, 2011 at 5:35 am

This book looks beautiful! I always get books for my nieces and nephews for Christmas–this one might make the list!

I sent some love to Kirtsy on my blog yesterday: http://yepindeed.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/favorites-kirtsy/

Keep up the great work!

Thanks,

@graylinsample
yepindeed.wordpress.com

7 dr oz cambogia March 23, 2013 at 8:33 am

I am no longer sure the place you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while studying more or working out more. Thanks for excellent info I was in search of this info for my mission.|

8 Alexandra August 10, 2013 at 9:18 am

This is a lovely looking book. It reminds me of the “Tracks in the Wild” book illustrated by Betsy Bowen: http://woodcut.com/store/books/tracks.html