A Few Things

November 18, 2011

Hello, friends! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? I’m so excited. I’m looking up recipes and making plans for a centerpiece. Our yard is full of pretty leaves and rose hips and I’d love to come up with something that only uses materials from our garden. Wouldn’t that be lovely? (Also, is it too late to make these?) Speaking of our garden, how crazy adorable is Baby June on the swing? : )

What are you working on this weekend? Any fun plans? Maybe a movie? I’d love to hear! And I’d also love to share a few things I’ve seen around the web lately. Enjoy!

- So rad! What would you write?
- A plaid moose.
- And more antlers.
- Did you know November is Premature Awareness Month?
- Pretty bookshelves are my favorite.
- Happy colored pencil stop motion.
- I would love to see this exhibit.
- A super important topic and a very cool site (go here, scroll down).
- Neat. Design your own labels for drink bottles. Thanks, Joy!

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- Gwen Stefani comes to Target!
- Someday, I want to splurge on this.
- This would make a huge statement on Christmas morning. Only $49!
- LOVE these state/world posters that show where you’re from.
- A new line for kids that looks so cozy and cute!

I hope you have a crisp, fall weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Ren Lady Of The Arts November 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

We are going to see Puss In Boots! The monkeys are excited- and I’m going to an art show with a friend- I’m excited.

2 Alicia W. November 18, 2011 at 10:33 am

I am having a baby this weekend! Ack! I better get busy!

3 k a t y November 18, 2011 at 10:39 am

My kids love cardboard box houses, too. Have you seen Lier’s, who makes just about everything out of cardboard?
She makes me think twice about throwing anything cardboard in the recycling bin!

4 Ashlea Walter November 18, 2011 at 10:47 am

That picture of June? Beautiful! But how did she get so big?!

5 Cathi November 18, 2011 at 11:04 am

June is over the top adorable! It’s never too late for gorgeous fall leaves. I love the string writing…so clever! I can’t get enough of bookcases however…the bookcase on the staircase is rather scary! ;) Hooray for November – My first baby was three months premature. I too would love to see the Children’s Book Illustration exhibit. The Slavery Footprint site … Wow! love Love LOVE the playhouses! I have got to buy one of the maps to track our travels. Now…I’m off to shop Target for my grand daughter! ;D

6 aimee @ smilingmama November 18, 2011 at 11:25 am

What a fantastic picture! I can’t believe how big June is!

7 Tara November 18, 2011 at 11:28 am

That picture is the sweetest! June IS crazy adorable.

8 Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** November 18, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the link love! That photo of your little girl is adorable! :) xo

9 Jill November 18, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I’ll be spending time with my family. We’re starting to make our xmas decorations as well. Lots of sewing and crafting going on in our house at the moment. My kids will be working on their fantastic blog http://cocova.wordpress.com/ They would love it if your kids took a look and maybe even made a comment!

10 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag November 18, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Going to see ‘BREAKING DAWN’ baby! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! It will probably be sooooo lame, but that won’t stop me from loving every minute of it!

June is pretty much the cutest ever. What a fabulous photo!

11 Tasha November 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm

ME TOO!!!! Can’t wait:) And you know it won’t be lame LOL

12 julia fain November 18, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Going to a craft show (hopefully catching some diy christmas inspiration) and possibly the MCAD art sale. i really like the 1s link to the nail+ string art. would make such a big statement for the price

13 Genevieve November 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Wonderful photo of June! Gorgeous clothes at Mabo Kids! Love Gwen’s plaid pants at Target! I will definitely be picking up a pair! And, I love, love, love the roots map! How fun it would be to put those heart stickers on!

14 Nicole November 18, 2011 at 2:00 pm

What a sweet picture. Baby June looks so angelic!

15 amy November 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm

baby june is growing up fast. i just wanted to leave a comment to say THANK YOU for everything you do. i read your blog every day and it brings beauty and inspiration to my motherhood experience. also, thank you for sharing the my roots posters. just purchased four to give as gifts for christmas!

16 Pear Tree Greetings November 18, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Baby June is adorable on that swing. I like that idea of only using things in your garden as the centerpiece. We’re making treats for Thanksgiving this weekend – a tradition we enjoy every year! -Dani

17 Jen November 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I’ll be setting up the living room so my son can get on with making his movie. It’s a stop-motion animation using Lego. My boy is 6
And obsessed with Lego. So far the film has taken 8hrs and that’s for a minute-90sec of film. I’ll try to remember to post a link when done, I think Ralph would enjoy it :)

18 se7en November 18, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Absolutely the most darling photo of your little one ever!!!

19 jennie w. November 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Flying to Arizona from our home in Austin, TX. Only a 2.5 hour flight! Yipee! Although right this second I’m still packing and about to make a mad dash to Target to load up on in-flight goodies. How many packs of sour gummi worms will six kids eat? (Enough to last a while, not enough to make them throw up. It’s a fine line)

20 robin troxell November 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm

the best part of the post is June :)

21 Dianna November 18, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Our oldest son (8) is playing in his leagues tackle football championship game tomorrow morning. We are so excited its beyond belief. And it looks to be a perfect football morning here in Virginia—cool, crisp, and sunny. I was originally not in favor of him playing the sport but it has been a fantastic four months of character building, learning about how to control his body, and tons of fun with some great families. Happy weekend, everyone!

22 The Woman Formerly Known As Beautiful November 18, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Baby June is in her kissable cheeks rosebud lips phase. Yummy honey. In case you were wondering for Thanksgiving I’m making…a drive to Whole Foods for a pre-cooked turducken and a shot of Grappa.

23 Anne Evans November 18, 2011 at 9:25 pm

aww, she is so big and so cute! :)

24 annie November 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm

What a sweet photo…are those footie pajamas June’s wearing? Happy Thanksgiving!
xo
annie

25 Heidi November 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

We’re having a photographer come take pictures of our Baby June and family pictures too. She’ll be 6 months old tomorrow!

26 CMN November 18, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Weekend plans? Well all right, I’ll dive in with my list!

Pre-Thanksgiving brunch on Saturday for a few friends. Creating a few of these (http://www.etsy.com/listing/34624413/letters-from-santa-2011-edition). Hopefully reading a book. Sleeping in on Sunday morning before Church. Possibly making squirrel-shaped sugar cookies. And, sadly!, finishing up a few reports for work. Good times ahead, I’m sure! :)

27 juliagblair November 19, 2011 at 8:17 am

June is so adorable. I want to hug her—–and you too—all of you!

28 Angela (Toucan Scraps) November 19, 2011 at 11:08 am

adorable little one and I love the tree house!

29 elz November 19, 2011 at 11:17 am

I refuse to believe that Baby June is that big already. Babies, they grow too fast.

30 Michelle November 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Hey! Thanks so much for mentioning World Prematurity Day. My second son was born this summer at 32 weeks gestation, after I had been on bedrest for 89 days. I’ve been busy this month posting a preemie or bedrest fact each day as my FB status update. Having a preemie is a life changing experience; it definitely shakes you. Appreciate the nod to our littlest ones.

This weekend? Took our two boys to the Minnesota Zoo this morning before the snow started (we don’t quarantine with the preemie, just do limited exposure.)

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Michelle from MN

31 Amanda November 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

The Slavery Footprint website is so eye-opening! Thank you for sharing!

32 kimme Russell November 19, 2011 at 3:19 pm

What an awesome treehouse!!!
My sister in law made some beautiful bow ties for my boys…you can view them here

33 All Unwound November 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Great photo of your baby in the swing!

I liked the bookcases in your link but really couldn’t pick a favorite. They are all appealing for different reasons. But the HIGH bookcases were impressive.

34 Asha November 20, 2011 at 12:55 am

Thanks for the shout out Gabrielle! Your family is just too precious! I hope living in France has truly been a dream come true!

35 Jenny also November 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm

June is a doll!!

36 Colleen November 23, 2011 at 5:18 am

Love it but the cost is showing up as $79. Did you have a promo code?

37 Lola December 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm

One of my life ambitions is to have a massive library, complete with those slidey-ladder things. The rest of the house can be titchy, so long as I get my ginormous book space (and maybe a nice big kitchen).