Punjammies

October 6, 2011

Look at these gorgeous pajamas! They’re called Punjammies and they’re made by a non-profit group that creates jobs for women who have been rescued from sex trafficking in India. The non-profit has been at it for about 5 years now and have 100 women working in 3 different sewing centers in India.

Wouldn’t these make a great gift? I love having pretty pajamas — it’s nice to feel put together even when I’m lounging. Do you favor pajamas, sweats or (gasp!) hanging out in your undies. : )

1 AmyB October 6, 2011 at 7:33 am

Just added this to my holiday gift file. So many on my list who would love the product and story!

2 allysha October 6, 2011 at 8:19 am

I love those!

3 ML October 6, 2011 at 8:50 am

Oh, I’ve ordered a few of these for Christmas gifts! Thanks!

4 Sharlene October 6, 2011 at 9:01 am

Not only pretty, but they look so comfy!!

5 Stephanie October 6, 2011 at 9:01 am

Agree w/ AmyB! These are definitely being added to the gift list…especially for my ballet dancing daughter who can look a little less than pulled together in her assortment of lounge wear!

6 Natalie T October 6, 2011 at 9:16 am

So lovely! It’s funny, I grew up always wearing matching sets of PJs. Very formal. But then I got married and realized that sweats, shorts, or undies were the norm. Yeah. Uncomfortable! But I’ve since joined the crowd (his family is much bigger than mine!).

7 Angela October 6, 2011 at 9:30 am

Oh my, I love these! Definitely on my list for Christmas. Thank you! ;)

8 the emily October 6, 2011 at 9:47 am

I love fun jammies but I mostly hang out in boring old navy jammy pants and a t-shirt (poor husband). I went on a girls trip a few years ago and some of them mentioned that they sleep naked! I gasped out loud because I have never, ever been able to do that (or even in my underwear). I have kids that wake up in the night! How do moms do that??

9 Janelle October 6, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I can’t either Emily – my kids wander too much and love to come snuggle – which I can’t imagine being nearly as cozy worrying what might get in the way ;)

10 Juan October 6, 2011 at 9:54 am

These look amazing! Definitely a good idea for Christmas.

11 TN October 6, 2011 at 10:02 am

Oh I LOVE these! I love sitting in PJ’s at home…my hubby says I need cute ones haha! So maybe these ;-)

I do need some non-pants PJ’s for my stay in the hospital for the birth of my baby girl. Here in Paris they do not provide gowns…well they do but I was told they are paper so just for delivery not for the 3 day stay!

TN

12 melissa October 6, 2011 at 10:20 am

So pretty. Love them!

13 bdaiss October 6, 2011 at 10:30 am

I found these awhile ago and would love a pair. They look so amazing. (Must add to my Pinterest!)

My typical pj’s are lounge pants 2 sizes too big found on sale at Target. But they’re awful dang comfy. : )

14 Maria @ Busy as a Bee in Paris October 6, 2011 at 10:36 am

very pretty jammies. love them!

15 Renata October 6, 2011 at 10:40 am

Yesterday I was searching the internet for gifts with a purpose and early this morning I saw your post. What great timing, Gabrielle!
I went to the website and fell in love with all of their products, so I ordered a few for myself and a few to give away.
Thank you for showcasing them and promoting a worthy cause!

16 Reading (and chickens) October 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

OK, I’m laughing. so. much. at the name. I’m Punjabi (from the state of Punjab in India or Pakistan), so Punjammy sounds like a kind of Punjabi insult. “You’re such a PUNJAMMY!” (they are adorable, if a little punjammy for my tastes.)

Sorry, Gabrielle. I promise to only leave serious comments from now on.

17 cheryl burchett October 6, 2011 at 11:05 am

I just bought 2 pairs for my co-workers (the 2 ladies I teach art with) for Christmas gifts. I think they will LOVE the patterns and the idea that they help women get out of teh sex industry in India is GREAT! I noticed that a few were sold out already and expect a rush on them since being posted on design mom. I suggest ordreing soon if you want maximum selection!

18 Anna Clements October 6, 2011 at 11:40 am

super cute! i love the pair in the last photo.
this reminded me of another company that benefits the same cause. the women at this company make everything from blankets to diaper bags to scarves. it is called sari bari. the site is here: http://www.saribari.com/. the story about the woman who founded it is here: http://omaha.net/articles/sari-bari-social-entrepreneur-sarah-lance.
thanks for sharing. i’m off to get some pjs!

19 angela October 6, 2011 at 11:43 am

Love these! Perfect timing! I have a coolfriend’s bday coming up and these will be perfect!!!!

20 Cherissa October 6, 2011 at 11:59 am

International Princess Project is the best! Beautiful products and a mission every woman can get behind. Loved seeing these on your site today!

21 Janelle October 6, 2011 at 12:27 pm

It would be nice to look pretty while lounging. After 5 children (and the body that can go with that) I tend to take the easy road and hang in stretched out cotton jersey or sweats. hmm. Maybe we could end up with number six if I stepped it up a notch – lol

22 stacey October 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

These are gorgeous! So sad that my fave prints are sold out…but happy they are-it means the project is working! Kudos to IPP-as a frequent traveler to India, I know how much meaning and impact something like this can have on women there! Thanks for sharing!

23 CMN October 6, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Only 20 comments? all right then, I’ll chime in with my two cents… I’m a total pajamas person. It’s all about being comfortable, y’know? And yet somehow I always gasp at the cost of a nice pair of PJs. Which explains why there is a nice mix of formal PJs and yoga pants in my bedclothes collection.

Thanks for spreading the word on such a worthwhile company. I’m off to investigate! (and, truth-be-told, probably spend….)
Cheers,
C.

24 Sara October 6, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Gorgeousness!!!

Definitely on my Christmas to give and to get lists!!! I’m a PJ person, all the way. Don’t even get me started on nightgowns ;).

25 Blatant Borrower October 6, 2011 at 4:25 pm

My punjammies are my favorite PJs! The new fabrics they just got in are so fantastic…I think there are about a dozen on my wish list right now! Can’t wait to get my new pairs! Thanks for sharing this and spreading the word!

26 armcandyforyou October 7, 2011 at 5:17 am

I am an Indian & laughing at the name too:)………..It’s actually pajamies & we wear it daily:)

27 nichshee October 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

What a wonderful project and a wonderful cause, I e-mailed them to see if they ship to Europe. Something I support whole-heartedly, projects for the empowerment of women and what I discretely call ‘lounge wear’ ie. what I put on when I get home from work. I am aware we don’t all have this need to change clothes as soon as we get in the house from work but I think it is linked to wearing a school uniform. I had to wear school uniform from aged 4-16, so I associate coming home with changing clothes, except now I change into comfortable clothes like these (when I can get away with it).

28 My Traveling Troop October 8, 2011 at 5:23 pm

How stylish and hip! They would definitely make a great gift!

XOXO,
Kristina

29 Avimom October 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I have two pair and love them. Hold up nice in the wash and are very comfy. Also, not too heavy for wearing in summer.

30 Mya Maternity October 10, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I love these. They look so comfortable.