Book of the Week: Kimonos

October 18, 2011

I love this adorable new book, Kimonos, created by from Annalore Parot. It’s informative, fun to look at and has lots of interactive touches like diecuts, fold-outs and lift-the-flaps. There’s even a real cloth “tag” sewn into the side.

If you have kids that are into cute, cute, cute, but you’re craving a break from all things pink and barbie, this book is perfect!

1 jodi October 18, 2011 at 8:20 am

adorable!!

2 Patricia October 18, 2011 at 8:25 am

My daughter is only 6 months. But I’m already furiously creating a list of books and story prints in English and Spanish and this one sounds like it could make that list. I loved the one you put together in babble. Thanks!

3 Megan October 18, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Patricia,
I would love to collaborate on a list of good (classy and well designed!) Spanish English children’s books with you for my blog. I have been researching and find that it is difficult to find great bilingual books out there that are not translations of the “classics”. Let me know if you are interested!
Megan

great blog entry! love to read your thoughts!

4 CMN October 18, 2011 at 10:02 am

I am loving the look of this book! What a great recommendation, Gabby. I can totally imagine kids (and the young at heart!) poring over the visual variety … awesome! I’m off to pick up a copy ASAP.

5 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag October 18, 2011 at 10:54 am

THANK YOU GABRIELLE!!!! I must get this for my daughter — we both love all things Japan and she will just ADORE this!!

6 Zsa Zsa October 18, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Wow what a pretty book! I love these illustrations, the colors are very attractive. I think my niece will love this!

7 Chrissy October 19, 2011 at 8:12 am

Oh, my! Swoony, swoony cute!

Now I know exactly what to get my niece for her birthday. Thanks for (yet another) wonderful find.

8 Rachel (joliejolie) October 19, 2011 at 10:48 am

this is the cutest thing ever!!

9 Di October 19, 2011 at 4:55 pm

So funny – I just googled this book on Amazon as I saw it in a museum shop in Madrid on Monday – and now here it is on your blog….

10 Di October 19, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Oh and The Incredible Book Eating Boy is another great book!