Brendan Ravenhill

September 15, 2011

This lighting, designed and created by Brendan Ravenhill, took my breath away. I would fill a house with his Bare Lights.

I’ve been drawn to industrial looking furniture since I can remember. I like to think my style and taste are ever-evolving, but the industrial-loving part of me seems to be here to stay. Do you have a particular interior style you’ve loved forever? Does it have a name?

P.S. — More industrial inspiration. Plus this too.

1 Alexandra September 15, 2011 at 7:00 am

I love bare lighting (and all of these examples). We just started renovating a cereal factory from 1893 and we’re on the hunt for all things industrial to fill it… thanks!

2 amanda September 15, 2011 at 9:18 am

I swoon over midcentury/danish modern…my favorite marriage of form and function.

3 Rachel Halatokoua September 15, 2011 at 9:55 am

I share your love for industrial-inspired pieces, especially when mixed in unexpected environments and with unrelated materials. Loving your posts lately!

4 bdaiss September 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I love the look of incandescent bare bulbs…but the greenie in me cringes at the thought!

Frank Lloyd Wright Mission or Prairie style. My “home base” for sure. To the point that I’m trying to design a couple quilts based on his windows to hang in my foyer. The foyer of my house that definitely sports a strong mission style feel.

5 Hailey September 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm

you may like this designer as well: Ingo Maurer. I die everytime I see one of his creations: they’re so simple and inspiring! Saving my pennies to own one someday: http://decojournal.com/200812/the-stunning-birds-chandeliers-by-ingo-maurer/

Hailey

6 Diane @ kitchen-dreams September 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

i love exposed light bulbs or lights that incorporate the bulb into the design.

7 Bonnie September 15, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I love shabby chic, but mostly just have the shabby at my house! :)

8 fine little home September 19, 2011 at 2:48 pm

oh, how i love these! i heart industrial too, it just has that little edge every house needs.
i may need to re-post this super scoop ; )

thanks!

9 Lola October 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Lighting is the one thing I really struggle to find perfect pieces of; normally decor-wise I’m too eclectic, cosy and non-minimalist for industrial, but I’m loving these! The rustic metal table lamp in one of the older posts you linked to is just fantastic.