A Few Things

September 23, 2011

Image by Fresh Vintage.

Hello, Friends! I’m not sure what it is, maybe the change of seasons, but my mind has been racing all week with new ideas and projects and plans. It feels like my body is connected to some sort of adrenaline drip. A few minutes ago, I even stepped away from my computer and did jumping jacks to get out some excess energy. Hah! I felt like I was 5 years old.

How are you doing? What are you most excited about these days? I’d love to hear! I’d also love to share a few things I’ve spotted around the web this week:

- I’ve never heard the term “junktiques”, but I think I collect them.
- Clever (and affordable!) rug makeover.
- Font Friday suggestions are reliably good.
- A real life plastic surgery story.
- Sweet backyard camping party.
- TV season is here! I’m trying Kacy’s recommendations.
- Brilliant promotion.
- She moved to France because she read my blog. Reading this made me super happy.
- Great song! Plus it would be fun to make a video like this with my kids. (Thanks, Burgin.)

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- Ten of the best-looking camera bags.
- If you throw a milk & bookies party, I will come.
- Your toddlers can’t hurt them. They’re designed to be handled and hugged.
- Cause to celebrate! Ashley Meaders opened a shop.
- We’re not ready for pets yet, but I’d love a herd of these.

I hope you have a dreamy weekend and hatch a thousand plans. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Damaris September 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

I am excited about my blog redesign. It’s nice to get a fresh look every once in a while. I also feel like I’ve been on an adrenaline drip. Another exciting thing is that my best friend is having a baby this weekend. I can’t wait to see what little beauty she brings into the world. Have a great weekend.

2 Camille September 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I love that typewriter! I am excited about a fun book festival this weekend and the start of fall. I would love to spend a fall in France . . .

3 Janine September 23, 2011 at 11:03 am

making a movie like lisa hannigan’s would make you the coolest! mom!ever! i want to grow to be a mom like you.

4 Ashlea Walter September 23, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Wow, watch out, the woman who moved to France because of you also has the same blog theme as you… ;)

Cheers to a wonderful fall (autumn?!) weekend.

5 Anita September 23, 2011 at 12:11 pm

LOVE Milk + Bookies!! had my daughter’s bday party at Scribble Press http://www.scribblepress.com and in lieu of gifts, asked her friends to bring a book for Milk + Bookies… :O)

6 Meredith Alexander September 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I am such a big fan of yours and have always been too shy to leave a comment, but you must know that I get SO much out of your site. Just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for your mention of our organization. Hope that other readers learn about the Milk + Bookies program and get as excited as we do about exposing kids to giving back and getting storybooks to those who need/ want them.
Merci boucoup!
Meredith

7 Susan September 23, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I feel the same…can’t stop thinking!! Iy’s a good thing. (mostly) :)

8 Joyce C. September 23, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Happy Friday Gabrielle! Just wanted to thank you for letting us know about Super Hero Photo Class! I signed up and so far I’m loving it and Andrea!

9 Sarah Heat September 23, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I am not a high energy person- wish I could tap that!

10 The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful September 23, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Hello sweet girl. Thank you so much for mentioning my story on your site. xo TWFKAB

11 Jen September 23, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I don’t know what it is either; my brain is exploding with ideas and inspiration. If I don’t get out and run or do yoga in the morning or something, I am rattling off ideas all day. Partly it might be that I started school: I am taking a class at the University of Buffalo School of Management for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It is invigorating, amazing, and full of interesting people. I think it could it also be the change of seasons, but we are on the same page, girl. Enjoy France, it sounds so dreamy.

12 Vicki September 23, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Oh, Design Mom. You are always so friendly…since you asked, I’m sort of struggling because I am not excited about much of anything. I have a pretty sweet life, and I hate to complain, but I just feel like I’ve lost my…I don’t know, my spark? I’m sure it will return soon, but in the mean time, I’m trying to find little projects to take on (make a little bag for my stepdaughter’s dance shoes) or at least organizing (which is exciting in a way).

13 se7en September 24, 2011 at 2:33 am

A whole bunch of totally cool links – loving my Saturday morning coffee and meander!!! Hope you have a fun weekend with your beautiful kids!

14 Alison Fennell September 24, 2011 at 5:16 am

Wouldn’t you just love to be able to sit at that typewriter and write the novel of all novels! What a beautiful vintage item – thanks for this enigmatic post – Alison

15 TN September 25, 2011 at 9:10 am

Totally busy preparing for the birth of our second child and just started an Etsy Store! Not sure why I waited so long to get the Etsy Store up and running but it’s up ;-) I am busy trying to produce some more jewelry and other fun crafts so I have a stock to sell while I am on maternity leave. I made 3 silver art clay pendants today during my 2 year olds naptime! And plan to work in the Atelier (workshop) I go to here in Paris on Wednesday to finish them up, make some glass fusion pendants, some glass enamel pieces and to finish sewing my soon to be daughters mobile! So YES very busy! But it makes me happy to have a hobby I’ve already sold 2 pieces in less than a week…that makes we even more happy that others like my stuff so much they want to spend their hard earned money on it ;-)

Baby Girl is due mid to late October so just about 3-4 more weeks! Excited and nervous to have a baby here in France but i think it will all work out in the end!

hope you are having a GREAT weekend!

TN

16 All Unwound September 25, 2011 at 10:54 am

It’s still too warm here for that energy to hit. Maybe once it cools off a bit.

Usually Fall gets me excited about reorganizing my home and decluttering.

17 Jewels September 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Thank goodness your idea spurt is contagious – I was feeling so uninspired mid last week (which is unlike me – I’m an ideas person), then like a lightening bolt I couldn’t type lists of new blog post ideas and new services I want to offer fast enough yesterday! Maybe it’s in the stars? I’m not questioning where it stems from – just grateful it’s back.

18 Catherine at Design Editor September 25, 2011 at 6:28 pm

The jumping jacks are cracking me up. I always seem to get a ton of ideas in my car for some reason. Lots of note taking on the back of envelopes.

Thanks for sharing my Font Friday series!

19 Kirsteen September 26, 2011 at 5:40 am

I love the backyard camping party! So sweet :)

20 Lisa Tognola September 26, 2011 at 9:29 am

I’m excited about discovering beautiful sites like this!