Harry Potter Travel Posters

August 19, 2011

Completely geeking out about these Harry Potter travel posters. They were made by Caroline Hadilaksono and she explains her thinking behind them here.

The other day Maude confessed that her 11th birthday was bittersweet, because she secretly hoped she would get a letter from Hogwarts that day. I bet the same is true for millions of kids that discover Harry Potter before 6th grade. Someday, there will be whole generations that bond over Harry Potter sadness on their 11th birthday. : )

Thanks for the heads up, Kat!

P.S. Remember these vintage internet ads? Plus, free vintage printables.

1 Lori H August 19, 2011 at 5:16 am

Awe. some. Thanks for sharing!!

2 amy August 19, 2011 at 5:52 am

those posters are great.
I’m hoping to add one or 2 vintage sun valley posters to our kitchen soon!

3 Design Mom August 19, 2011 at 6:28 am

How fun, Amy!

4 Jenni Bailey August 19, 2011 at 6:02 am

Oh my word. Want, want, want. I’m turning 30 this year and still hoping that my Hogwarts letter is just lost in the mail.

5 Colleen August 19, 2011 at 6:16 am

I love these! I’m a 20 year old college student and can think of no better celebration for my 21st than to spend it in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. Or actually Hogwarts, but I think Errol was my messenger owl, hence the 10 year delay in my letter. :) Is there any chance I could get a copy of these for my room? I’ve got a Harry Potter/reading nook that these would look perfect in!

6 Design Mom August 19, 2011 at 6:29 am

Hi Colleen! I definitely had the impression that the artist sold prints of these. I’ll try to click over later today and see if I can find any info.

7 sue {laundry for six} August 19, 2011 at 11:18 am
8 Colleen October 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Thanks! :D

9 katrina August 19, 2011 at 6:20 am

aw that is so sweet of Maude. Kind of made me tear up.

10 Tasha August 22, 2011 at 10:08 am

Yeah, I’m witih Katrina. Totally made me well up.

11 Robyn D. August 19, 2011 at 8:04 am

I just bought the set for Lauren! She is going to love it! She was also very sad when she didn’t get her letter on her 11th birthday.

12 kassandra August 19, 2011 at 8:28 am

the first one reminds me of the graphics during the credits of cinderella. i think those graphics were the early seeds of things to come.

13 Stephanie August 19, 2011 at 8:35 am

These are fantastic. I bought the postcards and can’t wait for them to get here!

14 Summer August 19, 2011 at 8:46 am

Awww, I never thought about that! What a phenomenon to affect entire generations. That is so sad about not getting the letter! :( Poor Maude!

15 Kristen E August 19, 2011 at 8:54 am

These are AWESOME! I’ll definitely buy one when I need to decorate a nursery, and I’ll try to resist buying one before then to hang in my own living room! ;)

16 becky August 19, 2011 at 9:06 am

These are great!!!

17 sarah August 19, 2011 at 10:01 am

Our little gal is almost certain, but not quite, that she’ll be getting a letter in a year and a half. I love your idea of these kids bonding over this. Its so nice to know that she’s not the only one!

18 hena tayeb August 19, 2011 at 10:08 am

Love them.. am a huge HP fan and am sad to see the series end..

19 Dorothy August 19, 2011 at 10:59 am

I LOVE these. We’re redoing our basement to look like Hogwarts and now I want these to hang on the walls.

I too old to wait for a Hogwarts letter, but my twin daughters are anxiously awaiting their 11th birthday. They’re 9 now and HUGE Harry Potter fans. One of my girls has read each book at least 4 times. They named our new dog “Mischief-Managed,” and they insisted on being called, “Fred” and “George” at camp this summer.

20 jenny August 19, 2011 at 11:18 am

LOVE!

PS, my kids get Hogwarts letters on their 11th birthday.
It’s pretty easy to conjure up…a muggle with a mac could do it in a snap.
;)

21 Ashley C August 19, 2011 at 11:20 am

This is like the greatest thing I have seen all week! I love them! Now I have to figure out an excuse to get them!:)

22 amanda August 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm

These are wonderful! I first saw them on the web site for Nucleus gallery near L.A. (to which I was led from Pinterest), where there is a fabulous-looking Harry Potter tribute exhibition:

I came to the Potter series around the release of book 4, working at a Borders one summer during college. I will miss the excitement of a new book or movie release. But there’s always Pottermore (http://www.pottermore.com/)…so intrigued!

23 Ashleigh Thornock August 19, 2011 at 4:05 pm

These are so cute. Maude’s comment reminds me of a spoof my sister, Whitney did of Katy Perry’s “Firework” song titled- “Firebolt”. She is one of the main writers for the BYU Divine Comedy group. You can see the clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySN8Q4U6wys

24 Kelley August 19, 2011 at 4:35 pm

These are gorgeous, I want them all!

I was 8 when Harry Potter came out. When my 11th birthday came and went with no letter, I told myself that obviously in America, magical children get their letters at a different milestone birthday, like 13, 16, or 18.

I’m 20 now, and I’m eagerly awaiting my Hogwarts Gradschool acceptance letter.

25 Dee August 19, 2011 at 4:48 pm

LOVE these.

26 Grace August 20, 2011 at 12:57 am

These are so incredibly amazing–I desperately want all of them–but I especially love the post cards she offers! My two best friends would love, love, love receiving them (in fact I’m buying them). The first book came out when I was 8, and to this day I still think it’s the best story in the entire world. It’s funny, I thought the same exact thing when I was 11. My best friend and I cried when our letters never arrived. We were so silly, we convinced ourselves that since we lived in the U.S. we might get ours when we turned 12 instead of 11.

27 Barbara August 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Those posters are too cute! My daughter and I watched HP Order of the Phoenix this morning seriously thinking about running our own “Harry Potter Weekend” LOL :)

28 Angie August 21, 2011 at 8:47 am

I just teared up thinking about bittersweet 11th birthdays all over the world. Aww… :) Thanks so much for these! They’re great!

29 Michelle August 21, 2011 at 4:13 pm

These are amazing, I love them all!

30 Lola August 24, 2011 at 8:12 pm

These are shockingly gorgeous. Really, words cannot express! I love vintage art, and I love stories, and even though these are pretty pricey and I don’t even know if she ships to the UK, I’m getting me some Harry Potter vintage-ness.

Early birthday present to myself? Why not.

31 Someone August 30, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I even sent Santa Claus a letter, politely asking for a Firebolt.

Too bad there are adults always around the squash your fantasies and stack up expectations on you to become successful in life.

32 Tommy Harden September 1, 2011 at 8:39 am

OMG!! Must have!!! for those of us who are Harry Potter freakazoids!! thanks!!

33 Hillary Luper November 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I LOVE these. These are exactly what I have been searching for. Can I but prints of these?