A Few Things

August 19, 2011

Hello, Friends! How are you? We had a wonderful week, filled with as much family time and summer fun as we could possibly fit in. Tomorrow we’ll get back to practical tasks and begin our back-to-school shopping. Or maybe we’ll put it off and sneak in another day at the beach. : ) At the very least, I’m hoping for a date with Ben Blair tonight to celebrate our anniversary. How about you? Any fun plans this weekend?

While we make dinner reservations, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Porcelain cleaning bottles.
- Succulents.
Kitchens!
- Peachy anniversary.
- What do you think of this playhouse?
- Embroidered art.
- Fax blog. Hilarious!

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- Yay for zigzags! 10 great chevron items for your home.
- A FREE chorechart for your toddlers.
- Gorgeous garlands made by an illustrator.
- Appliquéd fabric!
- What would you hide in one of these?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Marina {yummy mummy} August 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

Happy anniversary! We are planning on playdates, beach, and pool time!

2 Tawnee August 19, 2011 at 11:58 am

Happy anniversary. I can’t do porcelain cleaning bottles–but i want them! My husband and I are redoing are new apartment this weekend…and last weekend…and next weekend–but I enjoy it!

3 Attiser August 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Happy anniversary! Have a great weekend.

4 Michelle August 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Happy Anniversary! A day at the beach sounds amazing. This weekend is going to be filled with outdoor fun. Peaches are in season in CO so I’m super excited to hit the farmers market super early to get the best pick. Dinner and drinks with friends in the backyard tonight and Sunday will bring a bbq and time at the pool. Happy Friday!

5 Marielle August 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Congratulations! Such a special time in your lives. Sieze the day! Or, as at-shirt I once saw in Santa Fe proclaimed, carpe manana!

6 AShley August 20, 2011 at 9:31 am

Happy Anniversary! I really love the toddler chore chart and all the kitchen ideas…thanks for sharing!

7 Jennifer August 21, 2011 at 11:47 am

August 19th must be a good day to get married because it was my anniversary too. Hope you had a wonderful day

8 Andrea@Fancy That! August 21, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Wow! Those containers make such a pretty pastel rainbow. And what dreamy succulents! I love succulents as I have to try pretty hard to kill them.

9 elizabeth@doievenlikethis August 22, 2011 at 6:25 am

Happy Anniversary!

The containers are so much fun. I have a friend that would love those, I am thinking a trio would make a lovely house warming gift. Seriously, you can’t look at those and not smile.

We did a mini road trip to southwest PA to tour Falling Water this weekend. We have our “baby-moon” this coming weekend.

10 Zsa Zsa August 22, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Happy anniversary! I’m sure you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing all these good stuff. Those porcelain cleaning bottles look great! :)

11 Lola August 24, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I remember thinking having a playhouse made of wood (instead of fabric) was the height of awesome – that one’s so amazing I’d be happy to live in it, right down to that lovely pale yellow colour. But a bit too splurge-y for me, to buy your kids a playhouse with that many rooms – might as well let them play in the real house!