OneMoms in Kenya

July 26, 2011

image by Karen of Chookooloonks

Some of my closest blogging friends are in Kenya this week with the One Campaign. Their coverage is gripping. Gripping! I’m following the #onemoms hashtag on Twitter so I don’t miss new blog posts. And I signed up to be a OneMom partner. You can signup too — One.org doesn’t ask for your money, they just want your (very powerful!) voice.

1 Mary July 26, 2011 at 9:36 am

Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing this. Signing up now…

2 Karen M July 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I’ve tried to sign up but nothing happens when I hit “JOIN NOW”. Will try again later….

3 Design Mom July 27, 2011 at 5:41 am

Hmmm. I wonder if they’re having technical problems.

4 sara July 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Incredible. Thanks for spotlighting.

5 Miss Stovetop July 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

Brilliant stuff. Will sign up for this amazing initiative. So much passion with which these moms are trying to change lives for so many families.

Have you seen this video on TED? Isabelle Allende talks about many things, primarily about the passion with which some women are changing the world around them. She is hilarious, but delivers a powerful message. Please do spend 20 minutes watching it.

6 Design Mom July 27, 2011 at 5:42 am

Thanks so much for the link! I can’t wait to watch it.

7 Miss Stovetop July 27, 2011 at 6:20 am

Do let me know what you thought of it, please. :)

8 Elizabeth July 27, 2011 at 2:06 am

Thanks for the info — have signed up and will post about it as well.

9 Melanie Burk July 27, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Thanks for blogging about this! I am always so excited when bloggers use their social platform to spread awareness. Having traveled and worked in Africa, I know my life will never be the same . . I got emotional just reading about their travels. Thanks for posting!

10 Emily McKhann July 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I’m so moved by your post! Let’s see … You’re in France, with a devoted following all over the world, supporting ONE.org and the ONEMoms in Africa. We really are ONE!!! Thank you, Gabby!!!

11 Jennifer James July 27, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Wow! Thank you for the support and for following the hashtag. It means a lot!

12 kelly July 28, 2011 at 8:06 pm

this is quite touching. really sets things into perspective. sometimes it’s hard to come out of a bubble.

13 Chrysula August 2, 2011 at 12:57 am

This is what it’s all about! We can ignite the world and we can truly do something about it’s ills and traumas. I had the privilege of hosting bloggers Emily McKhann and Kristina Daniele last year during United Nations Week at the United Nations Foundation/Mashable Digital Media Lounge. Our panel was called “Changing the World One Mother at a Time”. I believe this statement to be true even more than I did at the time. So proud of the ONE Moms and feel it’s just the beginning of what social media women voices can do to truly change this planet.