Boy Sees Hearts

July 21, 2011

I love this! Artist Eric Telchin sees hearts everywhere and captures them with his iPhone. He tells the story of each heart he finds on his website, Boy Sees Hearts. Wouldn’t that be a fun hobby to encourage your kids to adopt? Found hearts. Or maybe found alphabet letters…

1 wordplayhouse™ July 21, 2011 at 5:37 am

Sometimes being behind the lens, as I often am, has made my senses more keen to precious details around us. Artist Eric Telchin has found beauty in the detail and fun in the search for it. Beautiful imagery.

2 Jess July 21, 2011 at 7:18 am

I wonder if iphones are going to change photography in some fundamental way, like how the printing press changed the kinds of books people wrote, and how now self-publishing is doing the same. Now that the barriers to entry are lower, things that people wouldn’t have ‘wasted’ film on get captured, and turn out really lovely!

3 Design Mom July 22, 2011 at 7:05 am

I love your thinking, Jess. It will be interesting to see what changes in the world of photography over the next few years.

4 Kathleen July 21, 2011 at 7:35 am

Thanks so much for sharing! After looking through his website, I realized this is the same Eric Telchin I went to high school with. I didn’t know him very well personally but it is always fun to see someone from your hometown find success in such an interesting way.

5 Design Mom July 22, 2011 at 7:05 am

What a fun coincidence!

6 Susan July 21, 2011 at 7:45 am

How sweet, I love this!

7 aimee @ paging supermom July 21, 2011 at 9:43 am

This is wonderful!! I just love the little details in life!! I’m definitely more motivated to look closer at everything today (and to keep my iPhone even more handy)!!

8 MamasHeels July 21, 2011 at 10:00 am

How Sweet! In a time when there is so much ugly violent news, it’s nice to see a child finding the good in life.

9 Anna Lewis July 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

I like that this encourages us to be genuinely AWARE and present in every moment. Paying attention to details and not just hurrying to complete a task, you know?

10 Design Mom July 22, 2011 at 7:06 am

So true!

11 amyks July 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

I love this and will have to go check it out. My nearly 6 year old daughter sees ” hearts” everywhere and always points them out to me, too. She’s too young for her own iphone, so she won’t be documenting them anytime soon. :0

12 Jo July 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

Wow. Very cool indeed to be finding hearts every day. “I found my heart today mum!”

13 Erin July 21, 2011 at 11:59 am

What a tender child and a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

14 Carina July 21, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Must be a boy thing. Last year we were home in Australia and a dear friend gave my five year old a heart shaped stone she’d collected off the beach. Since then, everywhere we go, he seeks out a heart shaped form and gives it to me, from the stones on the beaches at Etretat in Normandy, to last week in Tuscany. It is quite a magical collection.

15 LeeAnne July 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm

This is very sweet. Have you heard of Spontaneous Smiley? A similarly fun photoblog: http://www.spontaneoussmiley.com/

16 Design Mom July 22, 2011 at 7:06 am

Off to check it out, LeeAnne. Thanks for the link!

17 Sarah July 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I love this. What a great way to see the world!

18 Debbie July 23, 2011 at 11:03 pm

That’s so nice. It’s good to see the beauty in things that may be ordinarily overlooked.

19 This girl loves to Talk July 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

ooh! I’ve been doing this for years! I’ve got heart photos of rocks, leaves, oil patches, mushrooms, tomatoes, rain marks, shadows on my ceiling.

I’ll have to check this blog out, right up my alley :) I know I’ve got a problem when my girls see an oil slick stain on the road and say ‘ MUM MUM ITS A HEART FOR YOU!!!” lol