Bastille Day

July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day! Wouldn’t it be fun to be in Paris to see the parades?

Businesses here are completely closed for the day, but it’s a normal work day at the Blair house. Such a funny feeling. : )

We will be celebrating the holiday this evening with a big pack of fireworks. Vive La France!

image here

1 Corinne July 14, 2011 at 8:38 am

I know the funny feeling. I live in France (Algrange, near Thionville) & work in Luxembourg, so no holiday for me today! Too bad you didn’t go to see the parade in Paris! I saw it once with my parents & an American exchange student we were hosting (I won’t say how many years ago …) & it is worth seeing! Enjoy your fireworks!

2 wordplayhouse™ July 14, 2011 at 8:43 am

If you feel like getting in the full spirit of Bastille Day (or the kids are just feeling like something cool and tasty), we have something red, white and blue and cool:

Happy celebrating!

3 Barchbo July 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

So fun! Have a great Bastille Day and enjoy the fireworks!

PS: Baby June is getting so big! I have really loved watching the Blair kids grow via your blog!

4 amy July 14, 2011 at 9:46 am

Happy bastille day. my 5 year old daughter mentioned bastille day yesterday. she learned about it in art class, where they are studying french artists like monet and renoir
I was wondering, will the tour de france pass near you? will you go see the race?

5 Susan July 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

Bonne Féte Nationale!

6 Michelle Rackley July 14, 2011 at 11:05 am

I saw these yesterday and thought of you:

—-a short video about the man who invented tiny houses

and this one:

—-about a man who makes amazing treehouses—all from recycled materials—totally remindes me of your tree house in France.

7 Stephanie July 14, 2011 at 11:32 am

I would love to spend Bastille Day in France! It’s my birthday, so I’ve always been fond of it…

8 Sharlene July 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

I love a parade!!

9 Ransacked Goods July 14, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Today is my grandmother’s birthday so I’m always thinking of her on Bastille Day. I’ll go ring her now…

10 Meg July 14, 2011 at 1:18 pm

We were in Paris on Bastille day in 2009 It’s my husband’s birthday, too. We headed to the Champs de Mars for the fireworks. It was packed, but so worth it. It was the most amazing combination of music and fireworks I’ve ever seen. Plus, they projected video images onto the Eiffel Tower. We were staying just a block away, so thankfully we didn’t have to cramp down into the Metro with everyone else afterwards. Enjoy your first Bastille Day!

11 Jill B. July 14, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I’m in the midst of reading “The Paris Wife”, and there are many references to Bastille Day – I never really knew when it was – thanks for enlightning me!

12 The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful July 14, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I must insist you buy yourself some very expensive lingerie on the Champs E’lysses in my honor. Kind of like doing it for the Gipper. Only I’m not dead. Hopefully. Could this be an alternate reality?

13 This girl loves to Talk July 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I’m going to the french festival held in my city in australia tomorrow (saturday) I suppose timed with bastille day….cant wait to eat yummy french food!!

14 Annie July 14, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Quite envious of your French celebration! I am celebrating Bastille Day by daydreaming about my favorite patisserie here in the states!

Vive la France!