House Hunters International

June 13, 2011

Remember the TV crews that came to our house a few months ago? We were being filmed for an episode of House Hunters International — and our episode aired last night! We haven’t seen it yet, but it’s called Historic Country Homes in Normandy, and we had such a fun time filming the show.

I’m feeling so nervous. If you get a chance to watch, please tell me my family looks adorable. : )

UPDATE: You can find the episode on YouTube here (it’s in 4 parts).

P.S. — The funniest part: We don’t get HGTV here in France, so I didn’t even realize it had aired until I read your comments today on our way back from Paris. So glad you let me know!

1 Sara June 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I saw it last night! I was so excited when I saw that it was you guys. The kids certainly were adorable! I am a fairly new reader to your blog and I didn’t realize that you had been contemplating buying in France. While I absolutely love where you live now there was something about the place with the view of the cathedral that had me wanting to move there. I lived in Europe for many years and it made me totally want to go back for a long visit. A few friends of mine and I are thinking about renting a house in France for a month next year. I love the thought of that but for now I will live vicariously through your family.

2 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

That was an amazing house too! Did you know you can actually visit that house and take cooking lessons? I wrote about the owner, Susan Loomis, here: http://www.designmom.com/2011/03/on-rue-tatin/

3 ron olson June 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm

loved the show…want to move there for six months. I want my wife to see the show…where is it on hgtv.

4 Doris C October 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

My friend got married and moved to France. They have a house that they are renovating in the south of France near Spain. And as I understand it, in the summer months, a lot of those homes are rented out for the whole season (which is normally when she comes back to Canada to visit with her family/friends where she is originally from).

5 Ren Lady Of The Arts June 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That is so fun- we owned a condo on the island of St. Maarten and one of the condo’s in our complex was featured on House Hunters International- so exciting that you were there for the taping!

6 Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:48 pm

It was wonderful, and your family looked lovely as always! I was so excited when I heard the words “Blairs” and “Normandy” – and sure enough it was one of my favorite bloggers on my favorite TV show. :) All three homes looked amazing, but I think you chose the right one!

7 Melissa June 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm

when we were in paris last, we had the delightful chance of meeting adrian leeds. she knows her stuff!

8 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm

So glad you got to meet Adrian! She’s fantastic.

9 Sophie June 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

:-O So cool! I’ll have to check that out!

*Kicks dirt* I wish I could live in France, too…

10 Jennifer G. Miller June 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm

We were watching last night, and I thought the storyline sounded so familiar. Sure enough, it was Design Mom! We loved all the places you saw, but your choice is fabulous!

11 Julia June 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm

You must have seen more than three, right? I’ve never understood how that show works. Do you get to see lots and lots and they just film three or what?

12 Summer June 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Spoiler alert.

My friend was on one here in Dallas and they wait until you’ve already found a place to rent or buy (and have paperwork filed and official), and then they show you two more houses. I still love the show though!

13 Jennifer G. Miller June 13, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Oh, and wanted to add, your family is SOO lovely!

14 Barbara June 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Oh man, I wish I watched it!

15 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Hopefully they’ll air reruns. : )

16 Georgette August 25, 2011 at 12:09 am

I just watched the rerun…twice! I loved the second place. Hope you guys are loving France! Wish I could live there too.

17 amy turn sharp June 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm

so awesome gabs!!! congrats xoxox

18 Summer June 13, 2011 at 3:32 pm

That’s great! I have those set to record, so I’ll have to check out your episode!

19 Krystle June 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm

How cool!! I wished I had known! I’ll be looking for another airing on HGTV.

20 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Just heard from HGTV. The next airing will be July 8th – http://ow.ly/5gRdd

21 Michelle June 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I got a call from a friend last night that said, “Do you know Gabrielle Blair?” I said, “Yes,” and my friend told me that he had just seen your cute family on TV and went to facebook stalk you. I was listed as a mutual friend. I don’t get HGTV, so I’ll have to cross my fingers they put it online.

Congrats, though! Ooodles of fun!

22 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I’m so excited to see the episode! I’m sure the kids are going to think it’s wild to be on TV.

23 Rob June 19, 2011 at 9:13 am
24 Maggie June 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Gabby-I’m uber confused (although loved your episode!).
But I thought that you found your rental online before you even moved and that your husband went to check it out before you? Was the whole story in the show just a filming set up…were your reactions faked and the whole staying-with-my-sister thing just to make it look like you had just moved there? The whole concept of the show is interesting to me and I’ve always wondered whether the house hunters were really seeing the home for the first time. Please explain!!

25 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hi Maggie! I’m sure it’s totally confusing if you’ve already been following my story on Design Mom and then see the episode. I don’t want to ruin the reality-tv-magic for anyone, but can you guess which story is the real one?

26 Barchbo June 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Our friends just aired an episode of MY FIRST PLACE – I was crushed by the reality of “reality TV”. :)

Still cannot wait to see the show!

27 Jennie June 13, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I’ve been wondering about that, too. Can you tell us the in’s and out’s of the episode, or is that a taboo topic? I’ve always wondered if you really do just see 3 houses or what the deal is … The allusive Reality-TV-Magic is killing me!

28 Ana June 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm

SO COOL! Can’t wait!

29 craftyashley June 13, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I loved the episode and was so excited to see more of Le Cressonaire! But I gotta tell you- I would have gone with the large villa by the cathedral! Your whole family was just adorable- thoroughly enjoyed watching you all!

30 Emily McDaniel June 13, 2011 at 3:59 pm

That was a great episode!! I love the rental that you picked. If I had a choice to buy, the second home at the convent was gorgeous!!!! What a wonderful experience you had!

31 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm

It’s true, the convent was amazing, but I’m certain the home we’re in is the perfect fit for us.

32 Roxy @ TSKGS June 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Dang! I remember seeing it while flipping through the channel guide but we decided on the Next Foodnetwork Star instead! I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the rerun. :)

Roxy @ TSKGS

33 victoria June 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm

now, i really, really wish i had TV!

34 Trina June 13, 2011 at 4:22 pm

How funny! I taped the show yesterday because I love that show and have seen practically everyone. I saw it was a home in Normandy so I taped it, mainly because I follow your blog and knew you were in Normandy so I wanted to see what other houses looked liked and cost, etc. I can’t believe it’s you!! I can’t wait to watch it tonight after I get the kids down. So funny!!

35 Barchbo June 13, 2011 at 4:28 pm

My favorite show – but you were up against the Tonys! I cannot wait to see it!

36 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hah! Up against the Tony’s that no fair! : )

37 Whitney Smith Cripe June 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm

It was a fun episode. You all looked adorable :) We have a bit of an obsession with House Hunters International so it was a riot to see my blog and tv regulars converging!

38 se7en June 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Hay bizzarre!!! We were on TV over here (SA) today as well!!! We had a TV crew come over a couple of weeks ago and film my gang making puppets – of all things, nothing glamorous like house hunting… An entire day of shooting… like 9 till 9 means they have four minutes of fame everyday for a week!!! Only it aired at 5:30 in the morning and we missed it!!! And I can’t imagine anyone will be able to rouse themselves, even for fame and glory, ever!!! And we don’t know anyone else up at 5:30 either… so the fame and glory part is a bit limited as well!!! But they can grow up and say they have made paper mache and finger puppets on national television!!! And yes it was so much fun having a TV crew over… heaps of fun, they were really great and let the kids just be kids, I was more than pleasantly surprised!!!

39 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm

That’s so fun! I you manage to wake up early and catch the show.

40 Starla June 13, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I looked for your blog JUST because you mentioned it on the House Hunter’s episode and because your family was so freaking adorable!!! The kitchen featured in the 2nd house was über cute and the whole episode, with your family and location was so whimsical…I just had to look for your blog. THANK YOU for all the awesome stuff you post on here, I’m clocked out from work and I am still here reading all your stuff!!!!

41 Design Mom June 13, 2011 at 4:48 pm

You’re welcome, Starla! So glad you found Design Mom. The house really is a whimsical place!

42 Amy M June 13, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Yay! I was hoping that’s what the camera crew was for. I haven’t seen it yet, but can’t wait to.

43 steph t. June 13, 2011 at 4:54 pm

what?!?!?! i wish i had known.
i’m sure i’ll see it at some point.
i’m kinda obsessed with HH and HHI.
love those shows!!
can’t wait to see you… and hopefully it’ll be a surprise when i do see it!
hee hee!
i’m sure your family is completely adorbs in it!
do they just do a feature on a bunch of homes?
or do they show prices?
how does it work?

44 Amy G June 13, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Darn… I SO wish we had seen it… we watch that show all the time, but not last night… and I have really wanted my husband to see that house and what you all are doing this year to understand why I want to take it over when you move out!! Any chance of another showing?

45 CeeBee June 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I saw it by chance – overheard the intro when my husband was watching, then yelped when I realized it was really you! Being a regular reader (and also a reader of Jordan’s blog), I did find the set-up pretty funny, but I still loved it and think your whole family looked wonderful and were so natural in front of the camera (including Baby June!). Two observations:
(1) I loved hearing Ben Blair. We hear about him through you, but to hear his vouce and comments made him real. What a terrific guy, and terrific couple! :)
(2) You looked so slim and well-dressed! You should feel really good about how you looked and came across. Did they say your website name? If they did, I didn’t catch it, but I know you mentioned your blog generally.
Great job!

46 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:45 am

Thank you, CeeBee! You’re comment is easing my nervousness.

47 Heidi June 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I had been wondering what show the filming was for! I can’t find it online anywhere (yet?) but I’ll be looking for it!

48 Melissa June 13, 2011 at 5:39 pm

I’m not a loyal House Hunters International watcher, but my mom and sister are, and we’re visiting them for the week. Last night after putting my kids to bed, I wandered into the TV room, took one look at the TV, and freaked out my mom and sis by yelling, “Oh my gosh! I totally know her!” Which I know is not actually true, but seeing you and your husband on the screen made me feel like I’m friends with a celebrity, lol!

49 Carolyne O. June 13, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I felt the same way as all the people that have posted. When I saw it I was so excited for you! You all were great….what a magical place you have shared with us.

50 tara June 13, 2011 at 5:53 pm

The show is how I found your blog! I thought your family was completely adorable. We watch a lot and this was one of my favorite episodes. Even my daughter (6) loved it.

51 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:46 am

Glad to hear it, Tara! I can’t wait for my kids to see it.

52 Dee June 13, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I can’t believe I missed it! I am checking to see when it comes on again…

53 vanessa @ silly eagle books June 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Ack! I always watch that and didn’t last night…I’ll have to catch it when it airs again!

54 lianne June 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm

ah, SNAP! we love that show and we love reading your blog, i am so bummed i missed it! i set the date to remind me on my calendar for july 8th… can’t wait to see your house and to meet your creative family! {on a side note, my husband and i are thinking of moving to n. ireland for a year with our two children — you have inspired us and we, too, have the type of work where we can work anywhere in the world. we figure “now or never!”… i wonder what kind of house/cottage/castle (!!) we’ll end up in!}

55 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:47 am

I’m sure a year or two in Ireland would be amazing! Go for it, Lianne.

56 Deborah June 13, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I was so excited to see you that I yelled to my husband “It’s Design Mom! I read her blog every day!” Of course we watch and drool over all the House Hunters International episodes, but it was a joy to see your sweet family and the house too. Thanks for sharing your journey!

57 Michelle June 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Ahh, I love that show!! How exciting. It’s saved on my DVR, turning it on right now.

58 Heather Maynard June 13, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Saw it, loved it and your family was beautiful! What’s funny is I was only half-watching the first few minutes, and I heard Normandy and thought, “that’s where Design Mom lives!” It wasn’t until I looked up that I realized it was you!

59 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:47 am

Hah! Too funny, Heather.

60 Linda Kerr June 13, 2011 at 6:26 pm

No TV here in our house (yeah, I know how weird, huh?) so I’m trying to track it down online. But I was glad to have the heads up from co-author who luckily remembered you from BlogHer! :-)

61 Robin June 13, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I loved seeing you and your family on the show. You all looked wonderful!

62 Kevin June 13, 2011 at 7:00 pm

My wife and I are HHI addicts and saw the show last night. We spent our honeymoon in Paris and love France. It was a kick seeing the bargains outside Paris. We thought the ex-convent was also an interesting space, especially that kitchen!

63 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:48 am

Hi Kevin! If you come back to France for a 2nd honeymoon, be sure to take a cooking class from Susan Loomis in that exact converted convent. It’s such a special place!

64 Ann June 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm

How fun! We love House Hunters!

65 Lola G. June 13, 2011 at 7:02 pm

That was so much fun! I’m so glad that I had already recorded the episode (love that show), because I don’t think I would want to wait until July to see it. What a treat to see everyone jump off the pages of your blog — I just wish it had been longer. You obviously made a great choice, but it was still a lot of fun to see the former convent. Thanks for taking us all on yet another adventure!

66 Alyson June 13, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I saw it and recognized you right away! You made the best choice. Your house looks amazing!

67 Kristen Duke Photography June 13, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I wish I had cable! If you see a link online, please do share! How fun!!!

68 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:49 am

For sure, Kristen! If I find an online source, I’ll definitely share. And if I remember, I post a reminder when it’s scheduled to air in July.

69 Dina June 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Funny thing…I was telling my best friend about your and Jordan’s blogs on Saturday while my baby and I were visiting her for the weekend. She and I lived in France together, majored in French at the College of Charleston, then she got her Masters in Paris, I married a Frenchman, etc. etc. so I knew she’d love them. I went to bed early Sunday night, so on Monday morning she ran into the kitchen and said “What did you say that blogger’s name is? I think she was on HH Intl’ last night!”. I was soooo bummed I missed it and I told her I’m sure that was you because a few months ago you did that post on the tv crew….how ironic my best friend happened upon the show :-) She’s hooked on your blog now! Do you know where I could watch it?

70 Erin B. June 13, 2011 at 7:51 pm

You can find the episode on hulu.com – I’m about to watch it right now!

71 TJ June 13, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I think thats an older and different episode! The one talked about here is still playing on TV and probably not posted to Hulu or web yet…

72 Erin B. June 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Okay – I don’t think that was it! I will look again!

73 Amy June 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I always watch that show as I am falling asleep but of course missed last night. Will need to watch On Demand or find it when it reruns!!

74 TJ June 13, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Hey! Awesome site.. ;)

Is that house in Normandy near the church still available? was awesome looking and wanted to see if it was still around for sale!

Glad to see you guys are enjoying France! Amazing that you have so many kids and you made the move! Makes me more brave and think I can do it too with my 2 kids…

75 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:53 am

I don’t think it is available, TJ. But who knows! The market changes all the time.

76 kaela d. June 13, 2011 at 9:06 pm

oh wow! love house hunters and the blairs..win win!:-) i don’t have cable but i’m going to have to go to a friend’s house on July 8th lol…how exciting for you guys! does this mean you won’t be joining us back in CO?

77 marni June 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

just watched the episode on house hunters that i recorded after reading a tweet about it… love your sister’s blog! thanks to twitter i’m now following you also. adorable family and that house is absolutely dreamy! i’m excited to read about your adventures.

78 Zoe June 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Congrats, Gabrielle, how fun!

We got rid of our TV so I missed it, but when they show it again, I’m planning to catch it at a friend’s. I know it will reinvigorate my desire to live abroad! And there is no way you’re family isn’t adorable.

79 Miss Stovetop June 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Can we watch it online? I looked on You Tube but they didn’t have very many recent episodes :(

80 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:52 am

I don’t think so — but hopefully eventually. If I hear of an online source, I’ll be sure to let you know.

81 Kristen June 13, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Just watched your episode and absolutely adored all three homes. Though I’m not sure I could pass up the second, with it’s “Harry Potter-esque” charm! I’m definitely looking forward to moving this year – London here we come!

82 Bettijo @ Paging Supermom June 14, 2011 at 1:05 am

Going right now to see if I can find it. I LOVE that show!!

83 Sara June 14, 2011 at 2:22 am

Wow!! SO fun and exciting!!! I’d love to watch if it’s ever available online. Are the kids thrilled? I’m sure you all were adorable!

84 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 2:51 am

Don’t laugh, but we haven’t even seen it yet! I’m sure they will be thrilled when we receive the DVD. The kids sure had a ton of fun during the filming.

85 Ashlea Walter June 14, 2011 at 4:04 am

Looks like all of us who are cable-free will get to see it on Hulu when it airs there. Fun!

86 Revella June 14, 2011 at 4:53 am

I was fun to see someone I recognized on House Hunters. I don’t know how you could pass on number two, but that tree house is quite adorable!

87 Heather June 14, 2011 at 7:35 am

I saw it last night, and it was so much fun to see you and your family “come to life”! The house you chose is amazing, and seems like the perfect fit. The convent was kind of cool, but seemed a little spooky to me! I think it’s great that as a designer, you ended up in the artist’s house where you can be surrounded by his paintings everyday. The rooms also seem so big and comfortable. Avez vous un bon temps! (Did I get that right?)

88 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 8:09 am

We love living in an artist’s house. It’s such a treat!

89 Iris June 14, 2011 at 8:11 am

I loved it, but so confused by the whole thing! Did they approach you after you already moved in? What could the pitch possibly have been? “want to pretend you’re looking for a house?’ So weird!

In a way, it makes me understand the HH/HHI thing a little more. Could never get why people would look at 3 places and buy 1. But I did think they were seeing things for the first time..

90 Miss B June 14, 2011 at 8:14 am

I made my friend stop and watch the episode with me! LOL!

I really enjoyed seeing (and hearing!) you and your family. You are a lovely bunch of folks. :)

I also was supremely annoying my friend with pointing at the screen going “I’ve been THERE!” Heh. She, sadly, has been to France but did not enjoy it at all. Me, I’m in love with the place and can’t wait to go back!

91 Laura Barlow June 14, 2011 at 8:44 am

Gabby, what a FUN surprise to turn on the tv and see you and your cute family! I can’t believe how big the kids all look. You looked absolutely darling and the kids were perfect! My favorite was Oscar’s cute hammock comment! You’re living a charmed life my friend! xoxo

92 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Hammock comment? Aaack! I have no memory of any hammock comment. I hope it was awesome. I can’t believe I still haven’t seen the show.

93 natasha June 14, 2011 at 8:53 am

I am so sad I missed this. I love this show and watch it religiously. Except I’m 11 weeks pregnant and can’t stay up past 9pm anymore, lol. Boo. But I’m definitely recording the July 8th replay. Can’t wait. What a fun experience that must have been!!

94 bdaiss June 14, 2011 at 10:07 am

Gah! I missed it! We were out for my MIL’s birthday. We love that show. I see from a comment above it’ll be on again July 8th – that’s my birthday! Guess it’s a present to me. : )

95 Denise June 14, 2011 at 11:28 am

How did I miss that episode? That is one of my favorite shows — I watch it often. I guess I’m TIVO’ing that episode for the 8th. Man, so cool. How do I know such cool people? As I am decidedly uncool. Anyway, just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.

Kisses,

D

96 Melisa/Shiny Brite June 14, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I LOVE House Hunters International — we DVR’d it and watched it last night. Was delighted to see you and your family on the show and IN FRANCE! I know you from The Stir (I used to blog for CafeMom, too), your blog, Twitter, etc. and it was so much fun to see you house hunt in Normandy — now I want to catch up on every detail of your adventures there!

And, yes, your family looked adorable! Six kids — so in awe of you! And now officially jealous, too — you found an amazing place! Enjoy it! :)

97 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm

It’s true! We found an amazing place. We feel super lucky!

98 Laurie Mc June 14, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I loved seeing yall! Such a fun episode! I recognized you and your family immediately and had to start reading previous blog posts, thinking I had missed something. I was on the cutting edge for the first time. :)

99 Traveling Mama June 14, 2011 at 12:24 pm

How exciting!! They approached us when we moved to Copenhagen, but since we are renting we were not candidates… which of course totally bummed us out! We’ll have to see if we can download your episode!

100 Beth June 14, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I watched the episode last night and was SO EXICTED when I saw it was your adorable family! It was so fun to see you go through the process – not to mention now I really want to move to France!

101 Design Mom June 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Come to France, Beth! It’s lovely here.

102 happy zombie June 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm

That was my most favorite HHI ever. EVER. And when it was mentioned you were a blogger, I had to look you up (but waited until the end of the show for fear of spoilers).

You guys are a darling family and I love your spirit of adventure. Congrats on your home and exciting new life!

103 Gayle June 14, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Visiting Texas and saw your show with my daughter. The men who deserted us to watch the NBA finals certainly missed out. Great to see the Blairs in HD and living color.

104 wendy June 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm

If you’re only in France for one year, then why would you look at houses to buy? I felt like you knew all along that it would be the rental house at the end and just made noises about “Oh, I don’t if I can consider a rental…” The homes were beautiful and it was a treat to see all 3 of them but I felt like HHI was being a tad manipulative with this episode.

105 Maria (via pedrito) June 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I saw the episode and it was great. So cool to recognize someone off of their blog. When watching, we all thought that is such a great childhood for those kids! Very idyllic and a great way to grow up, learning the foreign culture and language and having such a beautiful house/yard to play in. I just love that show, it is so cool that you were on it. Is your family planning to put roots in France?

106 Dana June 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Just saw your episode! I only watch the European ones – so tired of the episodes of people buying cookie cutter condos in warm places and seeing them gasp in delight over granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.

So I Googled you after seeing the episode and am so happy to have found you so that I can live vicariously!

Your house is just amazing – wow – keep giving glimpses please! Love it!

107 Jennelle June 14, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I haven’t seen the episode yet, BUT I knew it was for House Hunters International! You guys having to stay in Paris for a few days (?) during filming totally gave it away. We had been contemplating contacting them in regards to our own move after seeing a casting notice on an expat forum. We’ll see.

108 r8chel June 14, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Very cool news… even if the “reality” part of it is just grown-up “make-believe.” :) I haven’t seen the episode yet, but I’ll record it when it airs in July.

109 Adri June 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I LOVE the episode. Everyone looks great! Your family is adorable, and even the real state (Adrian) is great :D
I am an HGTV fan, but no much into blogs. But after that episode I had to go online and google you. Now, I am also your fan! Looooove your blog.
Just had a mom`s night out yesterday to say good-bye to a friend who is returning home (to Paris). We talked about the episode and your blog over dinner and now, I need to send them all your posts.
Funny enough, the other friend was from Sweden and another one has a Dutch husband. Can you tell they will all find something on your blog?

110 Nicole O June 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I haven’t seen it yet! Did you buy a house? I’m always curious about the real experience of that show… do you really only view 3 houses?

111 Bethany June 15, 2011 at 6:50 am

Great show! My husband and I watch House Hunters all the time. I was so excited when I reconized you and your family. You picked an amazing home.

112 Freida June 15, 2011 at 8:34 am

boohoo, I want to see it too! I can’t wait for it to come out on youtube or something in my reach, being in France:)
You are soooo busy, how can you do so many things in such a short time? I am really envious…
Bisous
Freida

113 joanna June 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm

This is an article from the Washington Post about the domestic version of the show that reveals a few of the behind-the-scenes secrets (takes a while to load): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/24/AR2010092400127.html?wprss=rss_realestate

114 Jill Leever June 15, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I missed it! I’m soooo bummed :( I love that show and you! I hope I catch it another night! And they were at Jordan’s too? Awwwwww man!

115 My Traveling Troop June 16, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Darn! Definitely bummed that I missed it. Hopefully there will be reruns someday. If you find out, be sure to let us all know! :)

116 Emma Z June 16, 2011 at 10:52 pm

A few months ago I was telling my sister, Tania (your friend from NYC), about my hopes to move overseas for a while and she told me that your family did that this year. Since then I’ve been following your blog and enjoying seeing your experiences there. It was funny to turn on my favourite show Sunday night and see you on it! I loved getting to see La Cressonnière in more detail and I think it is the perfect house. I want to live there when you’re finished! I admit it was a little tough for me to come to terms with the fictional side of HHI, but in the end I decided that I love seeing the way people live in different parts of the world (am imagining myself there) and that is why I watch the show. I am totally curious though – did you approach them or did HHI approach you? Oh, and I am definitely going to take one of Susan Loomis’ cooking classes when I make it to France someday. Thanks for the heads up!

117 Souris June 17, 2011 at 1:55 am

Considering I have a French husband, I was especially excited to see this episode of House Hunters International. Your family is exceptionally charming and your kids are precious! I love the walking shots of you in Paris!

The rental house in Normandy looks amazing! It made me think seriously about packing up for the summer and heading to France for the summer — as I once had dreamed of doing. And now that we have a child (who is a dual-passport citizen), it seems more important than ever, to expose and share her with our family abroad.

Can you hear that? … it’s my brain on full throttle excitement. Thanks for the inspiration!

118 Molly: Digital Mom Blog June 17, 2011 at 11:23 am

ADORABLE is definitely how I would describe your family! Love your large family adventure spirt!

Enjoy France! WOW!

119 Genevieve June 29, 2011 at 1:13 am

I’m addicted to House Hunters Int’l and hadn’t realized you were going to be on it. I started watching and was excited it was going to be in France and then I saw it was you..and Ben Blair…and the kids! I told my husband “I know those guys” and he looked at me like I was crazy..which of course I am lol. It was wonderful to get a walk through of what we have seen in pictures and you all looked great. Fun to see someone I “know” on tv :)

120 Holly July 6, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Your episode has become my new favorite House Hunters International of all time – bumping off another episode with Adrian Leeds :)

121 Jessica July 8, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I’m attending a blogging conference this weekend, and watching your episode of House Hunters International right now. It said you were a design blogger, I Googled, and voila! I’m on your blog!

What an amazing techno age we live in right now!

Congratulations on your move. How neat!

122 Witney July 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Watching right now! So great I have been waiting for it.

123 Katie R July 9, 2011 at 12:00 am

I just saw the show for the first time, and even though it’s the middle of the night, I HAD to google “Normandy design blog six children”, and you popped right up! That rental is absolutely amazing. Gush city… but I could not imagine bringing my three sweet little hedons into a home that beautiful. I would be constantly following them around, “Don’t touch the naked mermaid!” “Wash your hands before touching the furniture!” “Stop twirling around like a diva, or you will knock over something very interesting and artistic!!” But what a dream place that is! You have such a lovely family too.

But the “Witch House”…it was not really for sale at the time of filming? Very interesting how these shows work, those dirty rats. lol!

124 Janet Oliver July 9, 2011 at 9:08 am

My husband watched HGTV’s marathon Househunters International last night. I’d seen most of them before, but not your episode. I was floored by the beauty of the Normandy countryside. I also cannot believe the fantastically low rental price for your home! I pay almost that much for a little suburban cookie-cutter house in Erie, Colorado. At the end of the show, I asked my husband “What the heck are we still doing here?” I first visited France in 2006 when I went for a three-week stay with my son who was in Paris on a scholarship. We traveled around a bit, but mostly south to a little town called Moulins to stay with the family our of friend Anny, who lives and works in Versailles. We didn’t get the chance to go north. More’s the pity. I’m curious to know how you are finding life there.

125 Kathleen Frances July 10, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Oh wow! I had no idea you did a HOUSE HUNTERS!

126 Kathleen Frances July 10, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Oh wow! I had no idea you did a HOUSE HUNTERS! Love that show and have secretly fantasized about being on it myself:P So (despite the fact that I’m secretly jealous now;), I simply love you and all that you do and couldn’t help but watch it twice!

Loved all your choices and it was great to see you ‘in person’. Congrats on the show!

127 Teresa July 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Is it true that the converted convent near Elise Notre Dame in Louviers was not really for sale — but staged for the show? It belongs to chef and is a cooking school owned by Susan Herrmann.

128 Christy April 5, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I wondered the same thing.

129 Susan July 21, 2011 at 8:57 am

I watch House Hunters all the time and I have to say that your episode was the best content of them all. I’m probably slanted as I read your blog daily. It was fun to see the family in action!

130 Deanna August 16, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Hi, I wondered if you might be able to give me any information about the other houses you looked at. Do you know the name of the church that was across from the one house? All the houses were awesome!

131 calicodaisy handmade August 24, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I am watching the show right now and decided to google you to see if you happened to blog about your experience, and here you are! Such a magnificent opportunity and beautiful home. Looking forward to reading your blog. — Michele

132 Carole August 24, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I too just watched your episode tonight while working out on my elliptical and wanted to find your blog. How lucky you are to be living in that incredible house in Normandy! I look forward to reading more….
~Carole