A Few Things

June 17, 2011

Hello, Friends! Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am. There are lots of fun things on our schedule: We are attending a wedding on Saturday (our neighbor’s daughter). We have a BBQ with Sharon on Saturday night. And Sunday is Father’s Day! How about you? Any big plans? Will your kids be making breakfast in bed for papa?

While I wrap gifts and finish preparations, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Let’s all make tiny owl-shaped crayons!
- Houseplants make all the difference.
- Sad: Cambria Cove is closing. Happy: everything is marked down for clearance.
- The prettiest thing I saw all week.
- FREE Father’s Day card download.
- Very cute DIY Father’s Day tees.
- And this post-it ad is super sweet for Father’s Day too. Thanks, Amanda!
- She’s on a spending fast for a year.
- Zodiac embroidery kit.

I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are my posts from this week:
- I want to start a new collection, beginning with these.
- The coolest lunchboxes I’ve ever seen.
- Your kids will love making these DIY giftboxes for Dad.
- Buy-one-give-one sunglasses. Too expensive? Or awesome?
- My friend just launched a beautiful custom card line. See my top picks.

Have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Susan June 17, 2011 at 5:59 am

Love those owl shaped crayons…bon weekend & Fête des Pères!

2 Design Mom June 17, 2011 at 7:09 am

Me too, Susan! I want to get a mold and make some for me. : )

3 kristina@beancakes June 17, 2011 at 8:31 am

LOVE those owl-shaped crayons!! thanks for all of the recommendations! happy friday to you too!
xo~ kristina

4 Dee June 17, 2011 at 9:17 am

Adorable crayons! Besides Father’s Day, all my kiddos have their dance recital this weekend.

5 Design Mom June 20, 2011 at 1:57 am

Dance recitals are always so cute! I hope your kiddos had a wonderful time, Dee.

6 Kate nicholson June 17, 2011 at 9:26 am

OMG! Sunday is father’s day? Wait, what month is this? How on earth can I remember important days in the future when I can’t even remember what day/month it is today? Hope France is still the bees knees – we’re arriving in July! Can’t wait. A little of the Louvre, a stroll along the Chamos Élysées, ahh, Paris…it’s never too early to teach toddlers about are and culture, right?!?

7 Kate nicholson June 17, 2011 at 9:27 am

P.s. Love the owls, but ooooh how fast my kiddos would bite those little ears right off. Ha!

8 Kathy June 17, 2011 at 9:38 am

I’m sad Cambria Cove is closing. I ordered the family tree which is marked down from $30 to $4.99 and a couple of other items from their site. Thanks for the heads up.

9 The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful June 17, 2011 at 11:36 am

For Father’s Day I will be giving my husband the gift that made him a father in the first place. The gift will be wearing stilettos and lingerie made of Spanx.

10 Stork Deliveries by April June 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Just found your blog – love the ideas and especially those owl shaped crayons!! Have a great weekend.

11 mandi@herbanhomestead June 17, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Oh- that post-it note video is so sweet and creative! And those rubber stamps are pretty amazing. I’m smitten with the simple berries and weeds.

12 Jody Brettkelly June 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Hi nice to meet you, Jody here. Love your blog. How fun to go to a wedding – was just saying to friends the other day, I haven’t been to one in years…I’ll be diving through all the effluvia that is kid’s end of year stuff they bring home and having a few glass of champers as well. Have a good one!

13 Design Mom June 20, 2011 at 1:59 am

Nice to meet you too, Jody! I hope you had a wonderful time going through your kids end-of-year school stuff. I always love that.

14 Gillian June 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Those owl crayons are so sweet!

15 Meaghan June 17, 2011 at 9:31 pm

You have such great finds. Love the owls. If I was interested in offering some bibs or smocks to your readers, how could I do that. This shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueStarVermont?ref=pr_shop just opened and I want to introduce the creativity to people. Thanks.

16 Linnea June 19, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Aaah! The owl shaped crayons! I love them… I can’t wait to try making some!

17 plaeground June 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I just decided this morning to go on a spending fast for a year and then tonight I click on and see your link to Anna Newell Jones’ site. It must be karma!! Thanks for the link. At first I thought I was going to have to do this with a lot of trial and error but now with her guidelines, I believe the fast will be much better planned and my goals achieved.

18 Design Mom June 20, 2011 at 1:58 am

Oh good! So glad to introduce you to Anna’s site.

19 Hilary@HGTV June 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Hey! We loved the owl-shaped crayons you found so much, we linked you in our blog at HGTV. (http://blog.hgtv.com/design/2011/06/22/does-your-decor-swim-hop-or-fly/)