Superhero Party

May 12, 2011

Superhero Party Invitation

The clever gals at One Charming Party sent me a peek of their Superhero Party. I thought it was so cute I wanted to share it with you.

Oscar is obsessed with superheros right now. If I show him these pictures, I’m quite sure he will ask, “Mom? Is it almost my birthday?” every single day until January 9th.

Superhero Birthday Party Superhero Birthday Party Superhero Birthday Party Superhero Birthday Party Superhero Birthday Party

Photos by Nicole Hill Gerulat

1 Kristi May 12, 2011 at 8:33 am

Love this! I am throwing a super hero themed baby shower for my sister next month, so this is just the inspiration I needed!

2 Design Mom May 13, 2011 at 3:27 am

I’m thinking super hero + baby shower = rad.

3 Brianne May 12, 2011 at 8:47 am

This will be going directly into my collection of ideas for my son’s birthdays. I’m pretty much already planning them and he’s only 3 months old! :)

4 Jan @ Family Bites May 12, 2011 at 8:57 am

I spotted this on their site and just loved the superhero banner made from comic book pages. Genius! I’m an event planner and always love to see clever party decorations.

5 Alicia W. May 12, 2011 at 10:13 am

I wondered if Nicole was the photographer on these! I love her work!

6 Design Mom May 13, 2011 at 3:28 am

Nicole is so talented!

7 Tracey May 12, 2011 at 10:22 am

We (myself included) are obsessed with superhero’s in this house!
Thinking a 1/2 birthday party is gonna need to be on the agenda this summer!

8 Lara May 12, 2011 at 11:17 am

I’ve actually used this site for a number of my parties. These girls are pure genius. Can’t wait to host a super hero party.

9 carolyn May 12, 2011 at 11:23 am

LOVE!

10 Genevieve May 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm

We were thinking of just doing family parties for our kids this year, but this may have changed my mind. LOVE the pennants and the bowls of superhero food!!! The funny thing is that it is my daughter who would love this party. She is our comic book girl.

11 Design Mom May 13, 2011 at 3:29 am

This totally works for girls and boys. Superheros are universally loved, right?

12 Freida May 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Thanks again for such an inspirational bday party theme. In a week from now, I am having a party at an educational farm with donkey and poney rides and visits around the farm. I had been searching different themes for his birthday, next year, I have it!
Did I tell you you’re the best??
Bisous
F

13 bdaiss May 12, 2011 at 1:48 pm

This looks a lot like the birthday bash I threw for the boy this past year! Everyone came in superhero costume and it was “official super hero training camp”. Including a big bad guy (T.H.E. Bad Guy – my hubs), bomb diffusing (popping balloons), leaping tall buildings (paper covered diaper boxes), kryptonite handling (neon green spray painted rocks), and web slinging (silly string). The kids had SO much fun they still talk about it. The parents enjoyed the food humor (Wonder Nuggets, Underdogs, Super Hero Sandwiches, Veggies of Virtue, Sticks of Strength (pretzel sticks), & Power Punch). And I just now realized…I never blogged it. Huh.

14 Bettijo @ Paging Supermom May 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love the smashing buildings and popping balloons game ideas — so cute! Oh, and that blue cake stand makes me drool :)

15 Sara May 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I did a superhero training academy birthday party for my daughter’s 5th birthday and it was so much fun!! I did some things similar to this, but targeted toward her specific tastes (she doesn’t even know who the licensed character superheroes are, she just called herself Super E and we did everything in purple and pink, her favorite colors at the time). My favorite part was the personalized initial capes I made for all of the guests and their self-designed masks, but the kids’ favorite part by far was “capturing” the “Red-Caped Cake Thief” (aka my father-in-law) and tying him up with toilet paper.

SUCH a fun party theme and love all of her little touches!!

16 Design Mom May 13, 2011 at 3:30 am

Yay for Super E!

17 Damaris @Kitchen Corners May 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

one charming party is one of my favorite blogs. i love everything they do.

18 kelleyn May 12, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Super cute!

19 elz May 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I’ve been collecting ideas for the Wonder Woman/Superhero party we’re throwing for my daughter’s 5th Birthday. This party definitely goes on the list. Thanks! And, yes-fly on over in the invisible jet ;)

20 kelly May 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Check out http://www.powercapes.com – they have awesome capes and you can personalize them!!

21 Kalani May 12, 2011 at 11:31 pm

SUPER timely! I’m in the middle of planning a SuperHero party for the end of the month… Loved the Comic garland. I’ve added it to my to do list. (As if it wasn’t long enough already) Thank-you ; )

22 Design Mom May 13, 2011 at 3:30 am

That comic garland is a stroke of genius.

23 Heather May 13, 2011 at 7:12 am

Adorable! I love themed parties that aren’t based on “licensed characters” so much.

24 Maureen Anders May 13, 2011 at 10:17 am

I KNOW I love Super Hero Parties!
I had one of my own back at the beginning of 2011… SO FUN!

Thanks for sharing….cute idea for the pennant banner! :-)

XO
M

25 Sandra May 15, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I love the super hero party! Very Cute ideas

26 Alle June 8, 2011 at 11:56 am

I just pinned this in my Pinterest account a few weeks back- yea, I’ve got a 2 1/2 month old and his 1st and 2nd birthdays are pretty much planned! Oh, boy…here we go!:)

27 Caroline September 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm

This party looks too cute! I love the cake and “Wonder Dog” , and the game ideas are super clever. FUN!

28 Danielle September 13, 2013 at 10:05 am

I love this birthday party, so many great ideas! I’ve been looking for the black rimmed Clark Kent paper glasses shown with the invitation, and haven’t found them. Any ideas where to look?

29 ely October 1, 2014 at 10:41 am

where can i find those invitation??