Happy Birthday Baby June!

May 9, 2011

June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday

On Saturday, Flora June Blair turned one year old. She celebrated with balloons, her very own lemon tartlette and a new dress.

June Blair 1st Birthday

One of June’s presents was a set of wooden stacking rings that we bought in Amsterdam from Hema. Every one of my babies has had a set of wooden stacking rings. They’re good toys and as a bonus, they make good photo props. : )

June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday

A typical birthday celebration for us would include a home-baked cake, but here in France, it seems like a shame not to take advantage of the bakeries. June’s lemon tartlette is from our favorite bakery in the center of town.

June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st birthday

As you can imagine, tartlette ended up everywhere. Hair, toes and clothes. She loved it!

June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday June Blair 1st Birthday

What a year it’s been! June has been the happiest baby and I can’t imagine our family without this little person. I just reread her birth story and of course, I was teary as can be.

Happy Birthday Sweet June!

P.S. — Here are photos of June as a newbornJune at 6 months, and a post about her homecoming.

Update: At your request, here are instructions on how to make your own balloon banner.

1 hyzen May 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Awww, happy birthday, June! She’s wonderfully adorable, and those photos are so lovely. A first birthday in France–what a time to cherish. And I agree, time flies! I was pregnant with my baby when June was born, and now my little guy is speeding towards his first birthday, as well!

2 Jennifer (Savor) May 11, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Happy Birthday to June and Happy Birthing Day to you Gabby!

3 Kristen Duke Photography May 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Love the rainbow of balloons ! Always a fun celebration–that first birthday;)

4 Catherine May 11, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Bonne Anniversaire June…

Deja… que ca passe vite! (Already… it goes so fast)

Vous êtes très jolie dans votre petite robe… (you are justs beautiful in your little dress)

5 vanessa @ silly eagle books May 13, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Oh, sweet june, happy birthday! What a beautiful girl. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Where did you get her shoes? I love them.

6 Lynda May 13, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Happy 1st Birthday to your sweet baby June! :D

7 Stephanie May 15, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Is she really one already? How lovely to celebrate in Europe! (Are you enjoying your new life there?)

We celebrated with balloons today too – 100 days on-the-road! http://giveeveryday.com/

8 Miss Stovetop May 20, 2011 at 7:24 am

I love the balloon banner. Gorgeousnesscessity… there, I created a new word in its honour :)

9 juliagblair May 26, 2011 at 10:44 am

June is absolutely adorable, as are her older sisters. Happy and beautiful
and totally lovable. I need hugs!!!

10 Karyl October 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

Gabrielle,

I just want to say thank you very much for this tutorial. I made in yellow and blue for my son’s 4th birthday pool party this past Sunday (still warm & sunny here in Jamaica, October 2011) :-). It was a hit! I made a modification though, since my big needle still couldn’t fit the twine. I just self knotted two balloons at a time, then used twine to loop/tie all 4 balloons together. I then went on to follow the rest of your directions from there, tying the bunches of 4 balloons onto a long, thin curling ribbon base I used to hang the final creation with.

Will probably have to make an orange and black one for a halloween shindig here….

Cheers,