Peter & The Wolf Puppet Kit

April 4, 2011

peter and the wolf puppet kit

I just saw this little puppet theater kit from Sarah Jane and I love it! Wouldn’t this make a fun rainy day activity? I think it’s a bargain at $5.50.

Did you listen to Peter & The Wolf as a child? Ben Blair did and so did I (I think I had the Disney version). Both the music and story have such appeal for kids — I wonder what it is? Sarah did a cute writeup about Peter & The Wolf here.

P.S. — More rainy day ideas.

peter and the wolf puppet kit peter and the wolf puppet kit

1 Miz boo April 4, 2011 at 9:12 am

Love those cute illustrations!!
We listened to the Lenard Bernstein classic Peter and the Wolf.
I made sure my children were exposed to this…it is such a beautiful memory from my childhood!

2 P.B. Lecron at A French Education April 4, 2011 at 10:06 am

Here’s a free listen of the Prokofiev classic on line–in French! Great for the kids…http://www.deezer.com/fr/music/gerard-philippe/prokofiev-pierre-et-le-loup-297132

3 sarah jane April 4, 2011 at 10:10 am

Oh thanks for that French Link! We are learning french in our house, and my 6 year old will be in French immersion next year. This is great!

4 Erin @ Small Types April 4, 2011 at 10:10 am

Adorable! I love all the little moving parts. Sarah Jane does gorgeous work!
Here are a few ideas for using puppets to develop literacy skills: http://www.smalltypes.com/2010/10/stories-and-puppets.html

5 Jill V. / TerraSavvy April 4, 2011 at 10:52 am

Ohh! I just bought the download this morning! I love all of Sara Jane’s work. I was going to post about this today but decided I will tomorrow. Now I’ll just link over to you! Blog crush going on here!!

As always, you are on top of all things cool!

6 Ana April 4, 2011 at 11:24 am

My little Emma would love that puppet show. So incredibly clever.

7 Keia April 4, 2011 at 11:31 am

This is great. Unfortunately, we have to hide little things like this around my house for someone has “ripping” and “tearing” tendencies. :-(

8 megwrites April 4, 2011 at 11:58 am

I always loved Peter and the Wolf as a kid. This is adorable.

9 Kristen E April 4, 2011 at 1:58 pm

This is SO COOL!!! I definitely need to order one. :) I loved Peter & the Wolf as a kid, and have played it as an adult (I play the oboe). It’s just so much fun! I think that my nephews might be too old to enjoy this, though. :(

10 Sherri April 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Very cool. I was in a Peter and the Wolf ballet when I was young….. will surely bring back memories – not sure I’ve introduced my kids to this story yet.

11 robin April 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm

This is great. Peter & the Wolf is one of my son’s favorites. We have the Bono Book/DVD as well as Suzie Templeton’s animated short (a must watch if you haven’t). I will definately be checking out Sarah Jane!

12 r8chel April 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Oh my goodness, that’s adorable. This reminds me so much of a similar puppet show I did when I was a kid, but it was Peter Rabbit.

13 Adventures In babywearing April 4, 2011 at 9:35 pm

My Gram had the Disney record, we listened to Peter and the wolf over and over and she always told me which instrument was playing. Love!

PS I just found out tonight I won a ticket to mom 2.0!

Steph

14 elizabeth April 4, 2011 at 9:50 pm

another plug for suzie templeton’s short. it won an academy award!

15 Susan April 5, 2011 at 7:38 am

My Mom always played that for me…the classical version. She taught me how to envision the story along with the music. A great memory!

16 Michelle A. April 6, 2011 at 10:45 am

Genious. I love Sarah Jane’s work and I love Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf. I am blessed with two daughters we adopted from Russia. Mr. C and i love to share this cultural piece of music with them! They love it! Also, Templeton’s short film from Shorts International is really amazing. Thanks for sharing! MIchelle :)

17 jgw April 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm

thanks for sharing this. What a fun way to retell this story. My kids love it, the disney version, as well as the audio. I picked up a recording of it narrated by Leonard Berstein from The Land of Nod. (It also includes Carnival of Animals) One of my favorite purchases ever!

18 Nicole O April 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I love Peter and the Wolf! I got the cd version for my son (he’s 7) and it totally FREAKED him out! Now whenever he hears classical violin music he thinks I’m trying to torture him. I don’t know what I did wrong there… I hope he gets over it soon. I did find the movie version on netflix instant woo hoo! http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Peter-and-the-Wolf/70109405#height1931

19 mandi@herbanhomestead April 7, 2011 at 9:43 am

I took my daughter to see the children’s theatre version of Peter and the Wolf when she was 3. She loved it! She loved it so much that she went by “Peter” for almost an entire year. She even forgot how to spell her name because she wrote “Peter” on all of her papers!
I wish this would have been around then. I may just get it for myself to remind me of that precious time in her life.

20 Danielle May 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I just ordered Peter and The Wolf Puppet Kit. Will I be Receiving it by e-mail in a downloaded form? When can I expect it?

21 Riku - Stork House August 13, 2012 at 8:04 pm

This is too pretty!! Love all kind of play with theatre, also innovative ways of using puppets http://mystorkhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/silence-in-theatre-in-summer-letnia.html