Party Prep

April 20, 2011

stack of ribbon

Our house is party prep central this week. Our big Easter Egg Hunt is happening on Saturday. Woot!

The whole family has been planting flowers, filling eggs, and admiring the ribbon we’ll be hanging from a trellis in the garden. I love party prep!

This is the first big event we’ve hosted in France and the kids are really looking forward to having their friends over. I haven’t checked the weather forecast yet. I’m imagining a perfect sunny day and if it’s going to be rainy I don’t want to know and ruin my daydream. (Do you ever deny reality like that?)

1 Kelly April 20, 2011 at 8:38 am

Yes! I deny reality all of the time :). I am wishing you a bright sunny day sent straight from Colorado.

2 That Uncomfortable Itch April 20, 2011 at 8:54 am

Denying reality is something I do on a near daily basis. I like life in my bubble, it’s prettier in here. Also, I believe the world would be a gentler place if more of us existed in pretty bubbles.

3 Monica April 20, 2011 at 9:29 am

Yes, I am currently ignoring the hail outside and am picturing the exact same Easter day you described in your post.
But all joking aside your party sounds like it will be a wonderful affair, can’t wait to see photos and read more about it.
I’m organizing an Easter Egg hunt in our living room for my son.

4 Betsy April 20, 2011 at 9:43 am

I love party planning! I am sure your party will be perfect! Can’t wait to see the pics!

5 Heather April 20, 2011 at 9:51 am

Totally! We’re having an Easter party on Sat. too, and of COURSE it’s going to be bright and sunny. Of course! And, of course, if it’s not, I don’t totally have a back-up plan, so we’ll see how all that goes!

6 Liliana April 20, 2011 at 10:14 am

Sounds wonderful, what Easter is supposed to be like.

In my part of the world (Michigan) we have been having snow and cold, freezing rain for days.

No egg hunts for us. We’ll have to snuggle indoors.

7 Marina {Yummy Mummy} April 20, 2011 at 10:21 am

I hope you have a beautiful sunny day! An Easter in France sounds just magical. I was lucky enough to spend an Easter in Italy, and it was indeed magical :) Enjoy!

8 Ashlea Walter April 20, 2011 at 11:31 am

Even if it isn’t perfectly sunny, kids always have fun in any kind of weather. If it were a mudfest.., it would probably be the most memorable Easter egg hunt EVER!

9 JourneyBeyondSurvival April 20, 2011 at 11:59 am

No. I have never been in denial in my entire life. Including every time I’ve been overwhelmed and never asked for help.

10 rochelle April 20, 2011 at 12:04 pm

yes, I denied reality for both of my pregnancies for as many months as I could. 10 months seemed and interminable stretch, so the longer I waited to pee on the stick, the shorter the whole thing was…..In my reality, I was pregnant for about 6 months with each of my children.

11 Bri (like the cheese) April 20, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I got a glare and a pinch from my mom when I spoke up and dragged them back to reality in preparation for my sister’s wedding! She’d planned a late-February outdoor lighthouse-at-sunset wedding in South Florida. There were lanterns & twinkly lights at the ready. The Friday before was a GORGEOUS day and the huge thunder storm and cold front that had been forecasted for wedding day was looking to be right on time. As we watched the satellite images during our wedding prep festivities, I looked my sister in the eye and sincerely said, “I don’t think the lighthouse is gonna happen.” I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just hated to see her hold on to hope any longer when it was painfully obvious that we would all have to don slickers and wellies if we were to proceed as planned. It poured, starting at exactly the time the ceremony would have started. We postponed a bit so that all the guests who were re-routed to the reception site had time to arrive. During the covered beach-side back-up ceremony, the giant full moon rose over the ocean into a dusky greyish-purple sky. It made for the perfect backdrop and would never have happened without that big storm. (Then we all danced the night away amongst space-heaters in the enclosed party tent!)

12 Susan April 20, 2011 at 12:56 pm

So fun! I’m sure the sun will be shining…can I come? ;)

13 Sarah {Daily Design Inspiration} April 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Super fun! What are you doing with the ribbon? I’m picturing long strips of alternating colors hanging in a doorway and flapping in the wind? Whatever your plan, I’m sure it will be beautiful!

14 Kristen Duke Photography April 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I am party prepping, too! I combined an Easter Egg Hunt Family Picnic with my daughters 2nd birthday…making a special dress for her right now!

15 Lori C. April 20, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Sounds like such fun, I hope the weather cooperates.

Here is one more easter craft that I am also using for May Day:

16 r8chel April 20, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I love party prep too, especially when I allow enough time for it. Waiting ’til the last minute and then rushing through it takes a lot of the joy and magic out of it.

17 heather April 21, 2011 at 1:20 am

The ribbons are such a good idea! I tried using mirrors to decorate for outdoor events and I think that would be really cool with your ribbons too!

18 P.B. Lecron at A French Education April 21, 2011 at 1:32 am

I know what that ‘filling eggs’ means! CHOCOLATE! Don’t worry about the weather–from my experience child-rearing in northern France, you’ll have a party rain or shine. Happy Easter!!