Kickstarter

April 29, 2011

I just read about Kickstarter (am I the last to know?) and I’m in love with the whole idea. It’s a cool new site where anyone can pitch her brilliant idea and get grassroots funding to launch it. I’m such a fan of entrepreneurs, and I think Kickstarter is genius! Here are five cool kickstarter projects I saw this week:

- Pretty building blocklets.
- World’s longest marble run.
Vertical garden.
Switchhooks.
- A community kitchen.

So fun! It makes me want to launch an idea/product too. How about you?

1 Alysa April 29, 2011 at 8:47 am

I heard about kickstarter when my husband launched his project there (the blocklets one!). Careful, it’s addictive – so many great projects to support!

2 Michelle April 29, 2011 at 9:55 am

Yay for kickstarter!

3 McKay April 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

We recently had a successful funding experience on Kickstarter – it’s a great site! You can see our project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/natelarson/250-years-250-people-windsor-vermont

4 Mae @ Here in This House April 29, 2011 at 4:28 pm

i had the pleasure of helping to support Gary Hustwit’s latest documentary, Urbanized. i was a fan of Helvetica and Objectified and thought it was really neat that I could toss in my two cents to help out on his latest project. LOVE kickstarter!

5 Adri April 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm
6 Buck Howdy May 2, 2011 at 11:15 am

I’m hooked on Kickstarter – so much so that I launched a family game there a few days ago called RoXzai. Normally I’m a recording artist – in fact won a Grammy in 2010 for a family cd I put out. But every once in a while I get these crazy ideas. RoXzai was the result of a segment I did for Nickelodeon/Nick jr about rock stacking and wanting my kids faces less glued to screens (web, FB, texts, tv)

Having RoXzai do so well in the first few days has been a kick! I guess there are others like me that want some good old fashioned family fun.

Buck Howdy

7 Chris May 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Yes, love kickstarter. So easy to join and be apart of and so much creative energy cycling around! We had a project funded like I see McKay mentioned and my friend Nathaniel Hansen’ film, “The Elders” was funded and is amazing!

8 Derek King May 15, 2011 at 11:35 am

This to me is a very interesting concept, I currently work part time doing promotional work for Derek King. He is a young artist from the St Louis Missouri area. Funds are tight for him as is the norm with most people now a days, however even so we are working towards trying to raise the capitol needed to get his first full length album recorded. We have been extensively researching different options like Kickstarter or Sellaband among others. I think we are going to take the plunge into Kickstarter after reviewing a lot of posts and things like this because out of everything we’ve researched this seems to be the most legitimate, easy to understand system. If anyone has any feedback, or tips they could offer it would be greately appreciated thanks.