A Few Things

April 22, 2011

white chocolate bunnyimage by Yvonne Wong

Hello, Friends! I’m so glad the weekend is here. I’m really looking forward to our Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. I think we’re going to have quite a crowd, which is lovely. It’s the sort of event that makes me think: the more the merrier! I have a big order placed with a local bakery and my sister Jordan is driving up from Paris today with 100 macaroons from Ladurée! It’s going to be so much fun. How about you? Any plans to kick off your spring break or celebrate Earth Day?

While I finish party preparations, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Easter table inspiration.
- DIY headboard for pennies.
- Yvette really knows how to travel.
- It’s a book bed! (via Travis)
- I had my first baby at 23. You too? Here’s a new site for young Moms.
- Let’s make Lithuanian eggs. (via Stephanie)
- Kate loves Willy.
- Color sculptures made with sound.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- The coolest shoelaces ever.
- Would you have liked this as a baby gift?
- Deep discounts on high-end baby gear.
- Who knew newsprint could look so good?
- It’s not too late. Add a little whimsy to your Easter for free.

Have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

P.S. — To my Jewish friends, I hope your Passover was family-filled and beautiful! To my Christian friends, Happy Easter — He is Risen!

1 TN April 22, 2011 at 9:54 am

“Local Bakery” haha that’s funny…more like “World-Renowned Bakery” ;-)

Have a Happy Easter with your sister and family. How did those eggs turn out? I gave up on finding egg dye (went to the grocery store, art store, bricolage atelier and nothing…) just going to paint them the old fashion way!

2 Susan April 22, 2011 at 10:13 am

SO jealous of the Ladurée macaroons! Have an awesome event, can’t wait to see photos!

3 Catherine April 22, 2011 at 10:50 am

Oh! My Mom is heading to Paris on Monday and Ladurée is at the top of her list. Looks so wonderful. Happy Easter!

4 Maria Petrova April 22, 2011 at 11:00 am

Oh I love the Jolly Troop! Thank you!

5 Tawnee April 22, 2011 at 11:47 am

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU! have fun with the egg hunt!! I was always that brat kid that found all the eggs right away. I wish I had the moral fiber back then to SLOW DOWN during the hunt and enjoy it!

Thanks for the DIY headboard! it is soo cute and perfect for my husband and I to do on a weekend.

6 Rima April 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I’m making even more Lithuanian Easter eggs! Thanks for the link love :)

7 amy April 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

we’re jewish, but I can’t wait to see the pictures and read all about your easter party. 100 macarons….it sounds fabulous right there!

8 Amy April 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm

It’s probably a little late, but I wanted to fill you in on a little tip for your Peeps dilemma. Martha Stewart has a recipe for homemade Peeps and bunnies on her website. I tried it out yesterday actually (I wrote about it on my blog glass confetti today) and they were actually surprisingly easy!

Just a little tip, if there is ever a Peeps shortage at the Blair household again!

amy

9 Robin April 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Happy Easter to the Blairs and the Ferneys! Hope the big hunt goes well. Love to all.

10 Marina {Yummy Mummy} April 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm

100 Laduree Macaroons!!!!??? This egg hunt sounds amazing!

11 Dee April 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Happy Easter! My kids were on spring break this week and my mom is in town. We are going to decorate our eggs this evening. :)

12 Claire April 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm

The site for young moms is fantastic! I wish I had that to go to when I had my first five years ago, at 23.

13 Sarah April 25, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Same here! It’s been 8 years now for me, but as a 23 year old mom, I would have loved more encouragement and less “you must be the nanny” assumptions!

14 Elizabeth April 22, 2011 at 11:30 pm

That book bed was outrageous! How do you find all of this stuff?

Happy Easter to you and to your beautiful family!

15 Sarah Fritzler {Daily Design Inspiration} April 23, 2011 at 7:56 am

Hey Gabby,
Thanks for the “link love” — every time I watch that video I’m more amazed by the colors! I hope you have a wonderful Easter party and I’m looking forward to seeing the ribbons hung on your trellis!

-Sarah

16 Ashlea Walter April 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Happiest of Easters to you and yours! Can’t wait to click back in for the pics and stories from Normandy’s finest Easter egg hunt…

17 Jody Nebesnik April 23, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I can’t wait to hear (and see) how the Easter egg hunt went! I’m sure it will be just perfect.

18 na paapa April 25, 2011 at 10:42 am

Happy Easter to you and your family and I can’t wait to see pictures from your party.

19 Sara April 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and can’t wait to see pics of your absolutely fabulous-sounding egg hunt party!

Love the pallet projects!! My husband has made a couple of utilitarian yard items (compost bin, wood storage) from pallets he found for free, but I LOVE that headboard! I need to add it to my wish list :).

20 printing fort myers April 26, 2011 at 11:27 pm

i am opening a design compny and want for our compny design.

21 saad safdar May 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm

My freind birthday come for this week . i will gift this a few thing.