A Few Things

April 15, 2011

wisteria

Hello, Friends. I’m having a fantastic time at Mom 2.0 in New Orleans! I arrived last evening, just in time to for the opening parties. I’ve got my camera at the ready and I’m excited to share photos when I get back. Ben Blair is holding down the fort at the farmhouse. The whole place is blooming — the cherry trees are in blossom, the huge lilac bushes are flowering and look at the wisteria that appeared over the kitchen door. So pretty!

While I’m conferencing it up, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Beautiful color theory series.
- Sophisticated stripes.
- Rent this gorgeous Paris apartment.
- Lipstick hankies.
- To celebrate the Royal Wedding.
- Silly.
- I like this post.

And here are my Babble posts from this week:
- Are you kidding me with the cuteness?
- Possibly the most comfortable pants ever.
- Fun for kids! And you can add them to your Easter centerpiece.
- I just fell for these.
- The perfect summer accessory — and it will make your booty look good too.

I’ll get back to France on Monday morning and meet you back here later that day. Have a wonderful weekend! If you have any fun plans, I hope you’ll share in the comments. I miss you already!

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — My panel at Mom 2.0 is this morning, I’ve titled it “Life Lessons from Justin Bieber”. Wish me luck!

wisteria wisteria

1 Angel @ | 77inspire | April 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

Hope you have a safe flight back. I was just chatting with my husband the other day about how i really want to visit france. he’s been lots of time but i havent yet. Hopefully someday soon.

life lessons from justin bieber… thats a good one :)

2 barchbo April 15, 2011 at 9:17 am

Have so much fun! Sorry to be missing what you have learn from Le Beebs!

I think a post re: what your kids asked you to bring back from the States would be interesting!

3 Erin April 15, 2011 at 9:40 am

Oh, have a wonderful time in New Orleans! It must be strange to be back in the States so briefly…

I love the photos of the farmhouse. The wisteria is so beautiful.

Life Lessons from Justin Bieber? Really? Am dying to hear more!

4 Ashlea Walter April 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

I’m so out of the mainstream loop that my brother had to tell me who Justin Bieber is. Seriously!

Have a great trip!

5 jesse April 15, 2011 at 10:50 am

The designer of this nursery is a great friend of mine. I featured her nursery, along with an interview with Linds here :

6 Erin April 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I have a blue beach cruiser and for Mother’s Day a few years back my boys and husband gave me the most beautiful basket for the handle bars. It is where Lola, our chihuahua, rides! If I lived where beautiful fresh flowers were sold at local markets, I’d make her share it with a bunch of gladiolus! (The thought of riding it to Costco for bread and cheese just doesn’t have the same charm as riding to the local outdoor market for fresh French bread and cheese, does it?)

7 Anna April 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Good luck and have a good time (excellent name for a panel discussion, loved it). Europe is patiently awaiting your return!

Kind regards,
A.

8 JourneyBeyondSurvival April 15, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I’m hoping it went exceptionally well! I too, like barchbo think it would be interesting to know what was on your shopping list!

Do the kids want items to share with friends? Or do you want to sneak over to your favorite electronics store and pick up a little something?

xo

9 Cathi April 15, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I’m over the top excited that you were able to go to Mom 2.0! I wondered if you would still be making conference trips from France. Just wish I was with you there in the Big Easy! Have fun and I can’t wait to read and see (your photos) all about it!

10 Julie April 15, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I had to catch my breath…the wisteria is gorgeous!!!!! I think the entry is beautiful, xoxoj

11 autumn clemons April 15, 2011 at 4:59 pm

oh, i am so jealous! have fun on your little jaunt. and thanks for the link to me blog! those letterpress cards were hi-larious. i actually burst out laughing out loud at a couple of them, and my kids all swarmed around me asking what was so funny.
have a great day.
autumn

12 Rebecca April 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I’m so in love with your doorway photo! It’s perfectly gorgeous!

13 r8chel April 15, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Mmm, lovely. This makes me miss the house I sold last summer. It had a tree in the backyard that turned completely purple every spring when the wisteria bloomed. I think it was a walnut tree, but the wisteria had totally taken over.

14 Catherine April 15, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for sharing the love again. Truly appreciated! Have fun down south!

15 P.B. Lecron at A French Education April 16, 2011 at 6:39 am

The wisteria will still be there and greet you when you return! Gorgeous photos– a rite of spring!
Have a fun trip.

16 Heather April 16, 2011 at 7:16 am

Hi Gabrielle !!!
First of all have luck with the Biebs panel :-). I love these photos of the farmhouse. The place looks really amazing, like a dream. It always makes my day when I see a photo of a very stylish house.

17 Stephanie April 16, 2011 at 11:54 am

I love wisteria too. Ours is still very small but smells so beautiful. I always enjoy your varied and fun-filled blog.

18 ChantaleP April 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Have a terrific Mom 2.0! Life lessons from Justin Bieber… hm.. okay. : )

19 elisabeth*itsyfactor April 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I’m curious– Did your children ask for anything from the States? When I lived in Italy, one of my roommates mothers sent her a huge box of Kraft Mac and Cheese and Doritos. They were impossible to find and all she was craving. And on that note, is there anything that you miss?

20 Michelle April 16, 2011 at 7:06 pm

ha, love your panel title. Have a great time in New Orleans!

21 Breanna April 16, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Welcome to my city!! I hope you’re having a wonderful time at the conference…if you get a chance, you must steal away to get beignets. Cafe du monde is open 24 hours :)

22 Amanda Joy April 17, 2011 at 7:23 pm

That entry is GORGEOUS and amazing.

And you are my hero. Again. I’m always so appreciative of your flattery.

23 kristina@beancakes April 17, 2011 at 7:32 pm

wow! such a beautiful blog! the wisteria is just gorgeous!

24 nolaleblanc April 17, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I’m so excited to see that you are visitng my city. I can’t wait to see what you have discovered while you are here. Please be sure to squeeze in a streetcar ride on St. Charles Avenue and to enjoy all of our delicious food.

25 na paapa April 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm

wow, love the picture! And oh ya, good luck!

26 Leslie April 18, 2011 at 7:02 am

I am glad you think New Orleans is lovely, but, FYI – Wisteria is terrible in the South. It has taken over many places and become an invasive species. It isn’t pretty to look at when it has choked out all of the other, beautiful native plants, as it has in some parts of the South. We love our trees, and our worst nightmare would be to have a wisteria invasion.

27 Chrissy April 19, 2011 at 7:37 am

Luckily wisteria hasn’t taken over our southern town yet, it just drips, scattered in a few places and the trees are still fine. What makes me sad is that the blooms don’t last that long! I can’t get enough bursts of purple. Kudzu is what haunts East Tennessee, though it too has its own dark and twisted charm.

Thanks for the hook-up re: the linen pants! I usually don’t wear pants at all (I wear dresses and skirts…I don’t go ‘pantsless’ ;) )…these look light and fresh and hip and comfy.

28 Mara April 20, 2011 at 6:58 am

I am the lucky recipient of that vintage lipstick handkerchief. It was such a fun suprise to see it here. I adore it. And I adore my friend who gave it to me.

29 Anneliese April 21, 2011 at 8:50 am

We just returned from a couple weeks in Tuscany and Wisteria was blooming all over there! It looks so pretty at your house in France.