Debbie Carlos

March 24, 2011

oversize photo prints Debbie Carlos oversize photo prints Debbie Carlos

I’m digging these oversize posters by Debbie Carlos. She prints them on a plotter (a printer typically used for blueprints and other architectural drawings) and sells them for a flat rate of $50. Not a bad price for a piece of large-scale, high-impact art to hang on your wall.

You can even send your own image to be printed. Wouldn’t it be cool to have headshots of your kids made into giant posters?

Spotted on Modern Kids.

oversize photo prints Debbie Carlos

1 Tara J Hannon March 24, 2011 at 6:14 am

I have a giant crush on ALL over sized prints. These are amazing!

2 JourneyBeyondSurvival March 24, 2011 at 6:51 am

3 alyson boehr March 24, 2011 at 6:54 am

so many ideas, so little wallspace!

4 Kristen Duke Photography March 24, 2011 at 6:57 am

That is a great price for a large print!

5 Kelly March 24, 2011 at 7:09 am

i love Debbie’s work. you can take any photo/art to Fed Ex Kinko’s and have it printed on a plotter for about $10 if you’re in the US. the results are lovely!

6 Anne March 24, 2011 at 7:32 am

I love these so much! Can anyone who has one chime in on how you hang them? Frame (expensive given the size?) or simple bulldog clips?

7 Becky March 24, 2011 at 7:41 am

Love ice cream! I ordered the twist and will smile each time I see it in my house. Thanks for the link!

8 jodi March 24, 2011 at 8:25 am

I have been looking for something like this for a while now! Thanks for posting.

9 megwrites March 24, 2011 at 9:32 am

I don’t think I could handle giant oversize prints of my kids hanging on my walls. They already make their presence very much known just about every second of the day :). Maybe if we had a bigger house.

10 Rosa @ flutterflutter March 24, 2011 at 9:56 am

I love the ice cream poster! These are great!

11 Trina McNeilly March 24, 2011 at 10:13 am

Her work is amazing. I’ve been wanting that bunny pic for like ever, since seeing it on Simple Lovely. But even better knowing you can send her your own pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
xo Trina

12 Denise Laborde March 24, 2011 at 10:53 am

Yes, it would be so cool! Thanks for the find. I’m putting it on my pinboard. Bises, D

13 shalini March 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm

How cool! I love the idea of sending in my own photo to be printed in large format.

14 Ren Lady Of The Arts March 24, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Oh so cool- but now I want an ice cream

15 r8chel March 24, 2011 at 6:24 pm

What a neat idea! The graininess of the photo adds to its charm. Can you find frames that big in regular stores, or would you have to custom frame it?

16 Rachel March 24, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I’m very tempted to print my own photos at the plotter at work! By the way, I’m sure you could find poster frames big enough, although they seem to be pretty flimsy. I think they would look the best on a cable display system. Something like this: http://www.novadisplay.com

17 atout March 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love huge oversized prints. When i moved into my loft with big white walls I blew up a few childhood pictures and it looked great. You can take your own pictures to Kinkos and have them printed very inexpensively (I think it was under $5 each). Great way to make a big impact.

18 Kate The Great March 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Or you can just send the images to a professional photo studio that already has a large plotter, like Kelly suggested. I worked for a photo printing company that had really reasonable rates for their giant picture prints. And customers could just send pictures to the store digitally and pick up the prints in-store.

I wished it was utilized more because the plotter took up so much space. For all of the two months I worked there.

19 Cath March 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Only some Kinko’s have those large plotters, so call ahead to check locations. Last time it was $3 each or so.

I’ve had photos printed like this, as well as images like a periodic table of elements for my kid’s room. The stripy, low quality printing is a good look for a lot of photos.