Action Pack Magazine

March 2, 2011

green wax candle project

Here’s something I just heard about. It’s a downloadable (and printable) magazine for kids from the clever minds at Whip Up.

“In this mini mag we have included science experiments that you can actually use, easy and delicious recipes, simple craft projects that require minimal adult supervision and outdoor activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family.”

Doesn’t that sound ideal?

The images here show some of the projects in Action Pack. It seems like a bargain at $5 and contains no advertisements. I’m thinking I’ll download a copy. It could really help out while we have this break from school.

paper boats in water DIY lip balm project

1 Christy @ Polite Society Magazine March 2, 2011 at 6:11 am

What a great idea! I love that I can download it quickly and start using it right away, that there are no advertisements and the ideas are different than what we’ve seen quite frequently before. Thanks for the recommendation.

2 tururu March 2, 2011 at 6:28 am

Love the paper boats :D

thanks for sharing

Kisses from Madrid

3 Kristen E March 2, 2011 at 9:14 am

Oooh, another great idea for my cousin’s kids! (We don’t have kids yet, but I tutor her kids a few times a week, and babysit them in the summertime.) I bet this will have great ideas for us to do when they’re on summer vacation!

4 suzanne @ pretty swell March 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

So cool! Thanks (as always) for another great tip. My 3yo will love this stuff!

5 Aimee March 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm

So great! I was just having a discussion with my husband about how I really need to incorporate more crafts into my everyday learning time with our daughter and voila!
you’ve given me the answer!

6 bdaiss March 2, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I will happily pay for a high quality, fun, creative magazine. Especially if there are no ads! Thanks for the tip!

7 Caroline Blunck (Karin's mom) March 3, 2011 at 1:55 am

Gabrielle I’ve just got to tell you I’m your biggest (or possibly oldest) fan (and I didn’t want to be the 72nd comment on your kitchen post!) I love what you do and wish I could raise my kids all over again and be just like you. We are in Armenia right now on another mission, and a little hard pressed to find all the visual beauty that you’re enjoying in Normandy. I read you every day for inspiration—–hooray for young smart moms!

8 alyson boehr March 3, 2011 at 2:49 am

I think I’ll be adding this to the craft corner…we need more to keep Ash busy…she gets bored easily :) Thanks!!

9 James E. March 10, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Kids get more easily bored these days. Teaching art craft to toddlers is a
great alternative than learning new gadgets.
thanks for sharing… my kids will enjoy this.