A Few Things

March 18, 2011

photo by Alli

Hello, Friends! Any fun plans for the weekend? I’m hoping to do some baking. Also. Our area is full of brocantes — the french name for flea markets or antique stores — and I’ve been dying to visit some to see what they’re like. Crossing my fingers the weather is sunny and warm so that I’m tempted away from our cozy fireplace. While I scout out brocantes on our map, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:

- Craving a brownie popsicle.
- Yay for oversize photo displays.
- Lessons in Momness.
- $9 chandelier.
- Can you covet house numbers?
- 100 free cars for do-gooders.
- Lovely Marta included me in this fun series.

And here are some fun things I shared on Babble:
- The cutest magazine now in the US!
- What a cool technique — fun for parties or holidays.
- The version for twins is especially adorable.
- Which do you prefer, Crocs or these?
- How I want to dress my girls this spring.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Susan March 18, 2011 at 5:53 am

Have a great weekend…hopefully you received my email…;)

2 Lisa March 18, 2011 at 6:33 am

Hi Gabrielle – I just discovered your blog yesterday and, though I’m not a mom (unless you count my three – soon to be four – fur babies), I’ve been having a great time exploring it. I’ve been having a love affair with France since I was 16 and it’s my dream to one day spend six to twelve months living there. I look forward to following along with you as you continue your journey in France.

I also have to tell you that you are one stylish little mama – you definitely know how to rock the curly hair!

3 Steph at Modern Parents Messy Kids March 18, 2011 at 9:25 am

Thanks again for including me in your babble post this week. And you are totally right, it’s a great technique for parties – I’m already plotting a special birthday boy tattoo design in my head.

Each time I see MPMK mentioned here it is such a thrill! And today is a great day for the extra traffic because I posted a bunch of wonderful Etsy finds that benefit Japan disaster relief (I’m posting the link in the comments section of your Japan relief post) so thank you again :)

4 JourneyBeyondSurvival March 18, 2011 at 10:04 am

I loved every single link. Do you stumble?

5 Kristin March 18, 2011 at 10:45 am

I loved your answers on Marta Writes. Crossing to Safety, Crumbs, A-Punk and Ray of Light? Those would be my answers, too. I knew I liked you!

6 bdaiss March 18, 2011 at 10:47 am

You always share such wonderful links. Love the Momness one. And that chandelier – I’m going to have to try that one. And brownie popsicles? What’s not to love? (Well, except that I want the scale going down, not up.)

Happy weekend! Hope your baking is a success. What’s the elevation there? Will it be easier to bake than it is in our high altitude? Seems any cookies (except choc chip) I make always come out too flat and crispy for my taste. I have not yet perfected my adjustments. And I’ve about given up on anything other than bread-machine bread.

7 r8chel March 18, 2011 at 10:48 am

Unfortunately, my to-do list for the weekend is a mile and a half long, and doesn’t appear to include brownies with happy sprinkles. Bummer.

8 Rae Grant March 18, 2011 at 11:04 am

Here is a place that bloggers are supporting for relief for Japan…in case any of design mom bloggers want to join…

9 Zom G. March 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Something about spring makes me want to both clean (and clear) out the house and get to flea markets/ tag sales for treasure seeking. The urge to visit brocantes must be undeniable…good luck with your explorations!

p.s. Your Marta interview is adorable. Crumbs! Bane of my existence too. :)

10 Sabine March 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

nous avons des brocantes, mais aussi des marchés aux puces ( flea markets ) comme celui de St Ouin Paris. bravo pour ce blog, plein d’enfants et de bonnes idées, et si frais !!

11 Redmenace March 18, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Love it! Have a wonderful weekend. Vive la France!
By any chance, do you know where you can have those oversize photos printed?

12 Joanna March 18, 2011 at 8:22 pm

i look forward to your new postings. you inspire me to blog about my adventures. :) we’re having a yard sale tomorrow. we are leaving hilton head island after 7 years…the family is moving to manhattan, ks at the end of the month. :) new adventures.

13 Misty March 18, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Thanks for this edition of A Few Things! I loved everything. We are baking this weekend too. I am feeling a need to give my son something nutritious, delicious and ‘hand-holdable’ so I am looking for a good healthy muffin recipe. Hope your baking and flea-marketing is enjoyable.

14 Alisa March 19, 2011 at 4:07 am

brocantes are fun but can be pretty expensive. Keep your eye out for signs for Vide-Greniers, they are so much better and way less expensive. It’s like an attic sale, usually the whole village particpates and they pull stuff out of the attic or wherever. It’s great fun, because you get to walk around the village, meet the people who live there, have some food and buy some cool stuff!

15 Debbie Dusenberry March 19, 2011 at 7:44 am

Bring on the pictures from the brocantes! Next best thing to being there.

16 Jody Brettkelly March 19, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Hi nice to catch up with you again. For some reason I had your treehouse post on favourites and kept on going back to that all the time…now you know how completely useless I am with technology. Like the Momness and how she measures her 13 years against the Malcolm Gladwell 10,000 hours – think I’m there but still feel totally clueless. Plus house numbers -LOVE I have some lovely silver ones (DWR) for our house but have never put them up, just look at them in the drawer every now and again…

17 Lindsey Stewart March 21, 2011 at 11:21 am

Those popsicle brownies are perfect for my husband’s b-day coming up. And I was on the hunt for the perfect dessert!

18 Alli March 21, 2011 at 9:03 pm

hi Gabrielle– I couldn’t resist sharing these–

thank you again for linking my popsicle brownies :)
but these s’mores might be even better

xo

19 Krystle March 22, 2011 at 8:45 am

I love the oversized photos!! So thinking about where to put those and that popsicle brownie looks soo yummy!!!

20 marta March 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm

thanks again for guest posting, gabby! yours is forever a favorite of mine. happy weekend to you. xo.