A Few Things

March 11, 2011

helium balloons floating house

Hello, Friends. Did you have a good week? The kids go back to school on Monday, so I was thinking a take-it-easy weekend was in order. But surprise! A TV crew is coming to film at our house all weekend long and into next week as well. Not even kidding. In fact, I should go wash my hair right this minute. : )

I don’t know if I can tell you what it’s for yet, but as soon as I have the okay, I promise to give you the 411. In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you.

- Like you, I’m totally on edge watching news about Japan. Want to help? Links here.
- In contrast, the happiest thing I saw this week.
- Jealous of this nursery.
- We Speak No Americano.
- Trash to treasure.
- Experience Europe like a local.
- You’re at SXSW? Don’t miss this.
- Pretty.

Here are my Babble posts this week:
- Would you let your son wear this to a wedding?
- What all the favorite aunts give as gifts.
- Should I buy these for Ben Blair as a retroactive birthday gift?
- The happiest source of vitamin C.
- Hey. Looks like I have kind of theme going on today.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay warm and dry and safe! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 christy March 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Wow! How exciting. When reading your blog I’ve often thought that your life would make a good tv show – maybe it will after all! Regardless, can’t wait to hear about it next week! Did I miss the London post – what you guys did? I guess I’ll look now!

2 grace March 11, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Oh my goodness I’m holding my breath. Have a great weekend!

3 Drea March 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Ok we must think a like because this post went up on my new review blog earlier this morning :) isnt that awesome and im also so jealous of that nursery!!

4 Susan March 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm

How exciting, looking forward to hearing what happens!

5 Jennelle March 11, 2011 at 6:26 pm

That’s so exciting! Can we at least get some hints before the big reveal? (haha)

6 Jennifer March 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm

You find the BEST things! I love reading your blog.

7 Bettijo @ Paging Supermom March 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm

So glad you posted that nursery — and you’re right. I AM a bit jealous!! It is probably the closest thing I’ve seen to what I was envisioning for my new baby’s nursery. The main difference is that where she is using fashion/Vogue/mag inspiration, I’m pulling in more of a literary sort of theme, with gorgeous books and pages from old books used as decor. I also don’t think I have anywhere NEAR the budget. I’m having to be really creative to make mine on a dime. Still this is SO cool and I’m so glad you shared it. There are some ideas that will help me as I’m finalizing my vision. As a reminder my inspiration board is here: http://www.supermommoments.com/2011/01/babys-room-inspiration-board/

I will be doing the nursery in May/June, actually after the baby arrives, but she’ll be in our room with us for a while and we’re actually adding on a bedroom to the house, so with everything involved we opted to do the nursery after baby.

8 juliagblair March 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

Oh, my goodness, goodness, goodness!!! I can hardly wait. The bright balloons were just what we needed this morning. Tragedy in Japan is heart-wrenching. Grateful there’s still joy and love and beauty and BYU won!!@!

9 Tanya March 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

Fun! Cannot wait to hear what its about and watch it!

Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

10 Ramona March 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

New to your blog and love what I see…looking forward to more posts and catching up on some old ones

11 Jennifer Milton March 13, 2011 at 1:07 am

O.K., I’ve decided that your life is quite surreal!! So you live at this beautiful home/farm in France and NOW a movie!!!! Just crazy and so much why I love to read your blog. All best, Jennifer

12 Cathe Holden March 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm

You sure make me smile, Gabrielle. Thank you so much for including my project in your post. I can’t wait to see what the film crew thing is all about!! Yay!

13 Mariana March 14, 2011 at 10:19 am

Tv hum? How exciting! And I took a look at the other links, so many beautiful things. :)