Get Your Valentine Make On

February 11, 2011

crochet pocket heart valentine crochet pocket heart valentine

Raise your hand if you’ll be making valentines this weekend. I thought so. : )

I’ve collected a few more ideas to tickle your fancy. First off, there are adorable knit heart pockets.

crochet pocket heart valentine

lollipop valentine photo easy

Want more? Here are three from my archives. Lollipop Valentines. So easy and fun. They’re a big hit for pretty much any age.

wild animal valentine DIY

I’m Wild For You Valentines with a free downloadable pdf.

mad lib valentine DIY

Mad Lib Valentines. They’re especially great for boys and girls in the 3rd, 4th and 5th grades.

bubble classmate valentines

Lastly, take a peek at these sweet Bubble Valentines.

Happy making!

1 Adrienne February 11, 2011 at 8:41 am

Love the wild for you valentines idea. So clever and great for both boys and girls.

2 bdaiss February 11, 2011 at 8:49 am

Such great ideas – I appreciate the non-candy ones especially.
And one of these days I must learn to knit/crochet.

3 Barchbo February 11, 2011 at 8:59 am

I am the LEAST CRAFTY PERSON EVER – and I made valentines! They are from my little 4 month old and they have his photo on a piece of cardstock surrounded by stickers, stamps, and crooked childlike print. We mailed a bunch yesterday to grandmas, cousins, and other baby pals. Everyone else gets them hand-delivered.

I still don’t know why I was even inspired – I think it was YOU Design Mom!
You make me believe I can do it! :)

4 Jenny February 11, 2011 at 9:22 am

Our girls have Monday off from school so Valentine’s day came early around here. We made pop-up cards with googly eyes (always a classic), but my 1st grader was devastated that she was the only one in her class to pass out homemade cards. She thought that everyone was going to put in as much time and effort as we did. It’s sad that Valentine’s day is so (overly) commercialized now. Thanks for promoting personalized cards/crafts.

5 Candace February 11, 2011 at 9:34 am

Love those hearts! However, they are knitted, not crocheted.
Here’s a link for your readers who crochet, but don’t knit.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

6 megan February 11, 2011 at 10:06 am

Love these ideas! This year we made heart shaped crayon valentines! http://megasimple.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-day-crayon-card.html

7 Rachael February 11, 2011 at 10:31 am

I love the knitted heart ones – I have just enough yarn scraps to make a few of these!

8 Joanna February 11, 2011 at 10:47 am

Love the lollipop ideas!

9 Katherine in Paris February 11, 2011 at 10:58 am

Adorable cards. In France, children don’t exchange cards with classmates like we do in the States. My son took flowers and cards to his teachers today, however. (He is particularly enamored with one). We’ve also made a tradition of sending homemade cards to all of my single girlfriends. Now they ard all married, but we do it anyway. There’s nothing cuter then a 4 year-old with baring flowers and Valentine cards.

10 Nelly February 11, 2011 at 8:27 pm

What a great idea. I don’t even have to go shopping – I have all the colors I need here at home:)

11 Jessica February 12, 2011 at 6:05 am

We made the lollipop valentines this year! It’s such a cute idea! My daughter loves them and can’t wait to give them out in class.

12 Michelle February 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm

The lollipop valentines are darling, love them!

13 Zar February 14, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Very creative ideas! My kids aren’t in school yet, but I hear about all the woes parents tell me about their class V parties… these ideas are wonderfully creative and need to book mark this! Thanks!!

14 Craft Room February 15, 2011 at 9:10 am

This is a great post – I love the knit heart pockets!

15 Anneliese February 22, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Love these ideas! Especially the knitted hearts. Seems I’ve had my headdown 100% lately and am now just looking up and catching up. I’ve missed reading your posts. I made candy heart box labels this year–so fun! (http://www.aestheticnest.com/2011/02/cards-valentine-candy-heart-box-labels.html ) I am just warming up to the Valentine thing now that I have a preschooler sharing Valentines. I can’t wait for next year. -A

16 Cari February 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

These Valentine’s are so cute, I can’t even stand it. I’m not super crafty, but I feel like I could pull some of these off. Thanks for sharing!