House 8810

January 18, 2011

Friends, have we discussed how ridiculous my timing is? Who in the world goes to a conference right before a major move? Hah! Today, before I catch my plane to Alt Summit, I am squeezing in a trip to the dentist. In fact, over the next week or so, we’ve scheduled dentist appointments and pediatrician check-ups for everyone in the family. We want a clean bill of health before we head to France.

But here’s something pretty to look at while I’m on the plane. I have a thing for dishtowels and the vintage-inspired collection at House8810 is terrific.

P.S. — I really want to tell you everything I learned about the visa process. I’ll try to get a post up tonight.

1 Lauren January 18, 2011 at 10:51 am

I really want to hear everything you’ve learned about the visa process! We are adopting from Ethiopia and will be making TWO trips to Africa later this year, so I am trying to soak up as much international travel knowledge as possible!

2 tiffany January 18, 2011 at 11:06 am

I want them all. How fun!

3 jennie w. January 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

Darling dishtowels! I usually find a couple I like then use them until they look horrid.

Good luck with the next few weeks. As a fellow mom of six, I do not envy you. Well, I mean I would love to be moving to France, but I would hate to be the one getting everybody all ready for that!

4 Ashlea Walter January 18, 2011 at 11:15 am

1) Have a great time at Alt. Wish I could go too!
2) Those dishtowels… Yes, some people pine for shoes, jewelry or purses. Me? Lovely dishtowels!
3) And yes, your timing IS crazy, but kudos to you for making it happen. Go!

5 Lori January 18, 2011 at 11:38 am

I L.O.V.E. those! I lived in France for a couple of years and have lots of black and white French pictures around the house. I may have to look into these dishtowels for my kitchen…they are fabulous!

6 Betsy January 18, 2011 at 11:48 am

love those! You love chaos right??? sometimes I do better when thing are CRAZY! Have fun and good luck at the conference! thecoolkidsblog.com

7 creole wisdom January 18, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Those dish clothes are lovely. I have to say, the house you will be renting in France looks LOVELY! I’m not sure what your travel plans will be when there but as a kid I spent some time vacationing in Le Garde Feinet. Basically it’s the most spectacular small southern town near Cannes and St. Tropez. Think the charm of “Chocolate” mixed with a trip to L’Occtaine. Here’s the town website: http://www.lagardefreinet-tourisme.com/

I think you might love it! It’s small enough to walk and (from my memories) very family friendly!

8 holly January 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I ADORE House 8810. Thanks for bringing consistently great stuff to my attention.
x
H

9 Dina January 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I have always had wonderful experiences with family doctors in France-they make house calls without thinking twice about it, but dentists (try to avoid at all cost or find an American one at the American Hospital in Paris) and specialists (very very long wait lists to get into most) and OB’s (heavens no, don’t go!) are another story!!!

10 meg January 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Sounds crazy! But fun and rewarding too. I’m sure the experience in France will be awesome for your family.

11 Tanya January 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm

So much excitement going on in your house!

12 Rena January 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm

LOVE these!

13 LLH Designs January 18, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Youre one crazy, fun, life-to-the-full living mama! Have a blast at Alt! Wish I were going!

Xo,
Linsey

14 Carrie January 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm

these are lovely! They would be great to stretch over a frame to make a pin board. I also use cool dish towels as hand towels in the powder room. These are really, really cute!

15 artfulife January 19, 2011 at 12:26 am

That shop is my new favorite. Can you stand that pizza cutter that looks like a table saw? My 5 year old will want that for her birthday. So many fun things. Hope you have fun at Alt Summit!

16 alyson boehr January 19, 2011 at 4:06 am

I love towels too, but pretty ones do not exist in my home. I use way too much bleach :) Thanks for sharing!!!

17 Gina January 19, 2011 at 7:29 am

I will be impressed if you have any time to look at anything at all while flying with 6 kids!

18 Deborah January 19, 2011 at 7:46 am

I keep checking in to see if you have a new post up about France! Can’t wait to read all about it. Praying that things go smoothly for you and your family.

19 ellenpatton January 19, 2011 at 8:54 am

I love all things vintage. And I have Alt envy. :)

20 Sarah {Daily Design Inspiration} January 19, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Beautiful! I would love to see the “inspiration” folder on your computer. :) These pictures are going into mine!

21 Tauni January 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm

What a lovely shop. Thanks for sharing!

22 Stacie Smith January 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Oh my! Good luck with everything. I will be sad knowing you are no longer in CO. It was good while it lasted.

23 Bri January 21, 2011 at 9:13 am

OHMYGOSH did you see the Yellow Pages booster seat?!?!?! <3

24 Emily January 21, 2011 at 10:01 am

Those dishtowels are sooo adorable!

25 Heather @ REOlisticRenovation January 23, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Love these! Such a fun way to brighten up a kitchen.