Book of the Week: Have You Ever Seen a Smack of Jellyfish?

January 5, 2011

Have You Ever Seen a Smack of Jellyfish? has been a fun new addition to our collection of picture books. I love learning what all the groups of animals are called. So interesting! This would be a cute ABC book for your budding naturalist.

Update: Just heard about this fun little contest based on the book here.

smack of jellyfish book smack of jellyfish book sarah asper smith

1 amy January 5, 2011 at 12:51 pm

i’ve been a fan of hers on etsy for a long time – http://www.etsy.com/shop/smackofjellyfish
i didn’t know she published a book – this is wonderful!

2 bdaiss January 5, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Ooo! One of my favorite “useless trivia” type subjects! Love it – definitely going on my to buy list! (Murder of Crows, and Crash of Rhinos have always been two of my favorites. I picked up a Confusion of Guinea Fowl when we moved to our new place – our neighbor has a Confusion that loves to visit us.)

3 Heidi January 5, 2011 at 1:37 pm

This is one for us! thanks for sharing!

4 Steph at Modern Parents Messy Kids January 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm

My husband would love reading this to our 2 year old. For some reason he loves teaching him oddball stuff. When we started learning about letters, we would point out things on the letter/number/symbol print on our shower curtain. The first 3 things my husband taught his were the letter A, the number 1, and the ampersand symbol.

5 Justyn January 6, 2011 at 2:20 am
6 vanessa @ silly eagle books January 6, 2011 at 5:50 am

This looks beautiful and fun. I love alphabet books–just picked up Alphabeasties and other Amazing Types–it’s another twist on the usual alphabet book.

7 Beth-Anne from 4mothers1blog January 6, 2011 at 8:20 am

What a great book! I will be adding this one to our collection. Thanks for sharing.

8 Sarah January 6, 2011 at 10:24 am

Gabriella,

Thanks so much for featuring my book on your beautiful blog–I’m honored!

Sarah

9 leslie January 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm
10 Jamie November 9, 2011 at 11:42 am

You must check out A Filth of Starlings and A Drove of Bullocks, both by Patrick George! The visual interpretations for each animal group are simply spectacular!