A Few Things

January 21, 2011

Hello, Friends! My posting has been so light this week — I’m at Alt Summit and keep getting distracted by all the shiny, sparkly, interesting people. I love it here! And think I’m super lucky that I get to be involved. Today, the conference officially finishes up. Tomorrow, attendees will be skiing, visiting the Sundance Festival or taking cool outings around Salt Lake City.

While I wrap up my Alt Summit responsibilities, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Three cheers for yellow.
- 10 interior design blogs you might not know about.
- Find Alt Summit images here.
- What a cool apartment.
- And here’s another one!
- Oh. This photo.
- Happy (and really cool) little vases.
- I remember  how this feels.

I write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are this week’s posts:
- Talk about irresistible.
- The color and texture of these is so sophisticated.
- Where do you search for bargain airfare?
- Adorable party theme!

P.S. — See the picture at top? It’s a photo of this year’s Alt Summit welcome bags. They’re cute metal lunch boxes — and the logo is a magnet! They were my sister Sara’s idea. So clever.

1 jennie January 21, 2011 at 10:09 am

I am so excited to find your blog! I saw you on Studio5 this week and had to look you up. I love, love, love all your posts about your impending move to France. I’m a French teacher and I love to hear about people’s adventures in my favorite country. I read your “Year in France” posts and am really looking forward to reading more about your adventures. Bonne chance!

2 deborah@applesinwonderland January 21, 2011 at 10:20 am

i’m crossing my fingers you’ll gab on about alt summit with pics. would have loved to have been there:)

3 Jenny also January 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

Looking forward to your fab photos from Alt Summit. Love those baby bump pictures; it (almost) makes me want to have another one. What a special time in a woman’s life! When I’m pregnant I cannot help but feel such a close partnership with divine stuff and God.

4 Jenna {Jenna Sais Quois} January 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

Alt Summit seriously must have been so amazing. I can’t wait to see more, and hear your thoughts! I must go next year. Good luck with your upcoming move!

5 BriannEm January 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh, blast I want to be there instead of 10 minutes away at work. Boo on actual employment….

6 Heather B. January 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

I love Sara U. She’s a smart one.

7 Sandra Gonzales January 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

The metal lunch box will have so many versatile uses. Clever indeed.

8 betsy January 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

looks like a fab time!

9 Audrey Moore January 21, 2011 at 3:56 pm

The lunch boxes are a dream! And I drooled over the clever yellow magnet, I can’t wait to get it on my fridge. And the sponsors are incredible. Hooray for Alt Summit! xx

10 Autumn January 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Your finds are great. I enjoyed your ALT Summit pics. The lunch boxes are so fun. I can’t believe you’ve born six children. Your bod is rockin.

11 cecilia January 22, 2011 at 9:23 am

Gabrielle,
How many creative sisters do you have? I know that Jordan is one, (oh happy day)…and what did your parents do – that all of you are so design saavy? Love the metal lunch boxes (always looking for green alternatives as I finally got rid of the last plastic cups and dishes in the house now that my girls can handle glass cups)! And thank you for sharing the ALT photos – it’s nice to get a peek into what went on there. Would love to attend sometime in the future when I can secure my mom as a babysitter!

12 marcia at Child in Harmony January 22, 2011 at 3:19 pm

You always have something inspiring here.

An award for you:
I love your blog. Very COOL!

an award for you:

happy day!

13 maritza January 22, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Hey, love yor blog. Can’t wait to find out about France. I live in London and moved to Spain for two years with my then 3 children (I now have four). It was such an experience and I was so shocked at how ‘english’ I became when Iwas out there…which is strange as I’m from hispanic heritage! It took a while for me to accept things and how different things were done compared to London, but I guess you just have to accept. Great memories though and if you get a chance to visit some other parts of Europe, you’ll have a blast. Good luck and have fun.

14 maritza January 22, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Oh, and I should also add that if you ever happen to go to Paris, whilst in France (highly likely) then I can recommend the best italian restaurant. http://www.ristorantecasanova.fr/ It’s in Port d’Orleans, so not central paris but the food is excellent as are the staff. They speak, French, Italian and English and as you’ll see from the website photos, very spacious for big families, which is rare in Paris.

Off course I amy be a bit biased as my husband and father in law own and run it, but it really is great…honestly!

15 Miss Stovetop January 23, 2011 at 12:12 am

Oh, that photo and OOHHHH, that dress! :)

16 karen hoida January 23, 2011 at 10:54 am

Just found you!!! So glad I did. Looked for a follow button couldn’t find one. I am hoping to follow you all the way to France!

17 Lindsay January 24, 2011 at 8:18 am

Very jealous that you’re at the Alt Design Summit. What kind of design do they focus on there? Also, the yellow pom pom curtains are the icing on the cake for that bedroom!

18 Kira January 24, 2011 at 10:52 am

I was at the Outdoor Retailer trade show at the convention center in Salt Lake City last week. I stopped in at a hotel there after dinner to more easily grab a cab and it turns out it’s the hotel where Alt Summit was located. I didn’t put it together until I was back in Portland. It sounds like such an awesome event and to think I was so close is frustrating!

19 jeanne January 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I am so excited for you as you make the move to France for a year. I live in Castle Rock, CO and I was at Alt and LOVED it. I look forward to following your adventure in France.

20 marcy February 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm

hi gabby! do happen to know where your sister sourced those boxes? love them for a project i am doing. thanks!