Toobydoo

December 20, 2010

boys clothes toobydoo

I’ve been scouting out sweaters for my kids because I keep hearing that sweaters are essential for Normandy weather. I think the options at Toobydoo are fantastic. (Oscar does too.)

Do your kids like to wear sweaters and layers? Or is it a challenge to get them dressed at all?

1 Lisa December 20, 2010 at 9:49 pm

My son is 4, and he loves clothes, loves layering, wearing hats, sunglasses and accessories. Yes, he likes sweaters also. These are super cute!

2 Janan W December 20, 2010 at 10:05 pm

My son loves layers like I do. Only one of my girls seems to. I am in love with those sweaters. Wish I was worrying about Normandy weather!

3 grace December 20, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I love dressing my kids in sweaters and layers. We have an old house(1896) and we live in Northern Idaho. It gets cold.

4 Jenny December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm

My three year old will wear nothing with buttons on it, so long-sleeved tees and pullover sweaters are it in the winter weather. My two year old loves a good button down. He says it’s “just like Daddy”. Two boys, total opposites!

5 my name is ish December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm

my boys hate to put on layers/sweaters, but they sure look cute in them :)

6 amelia December 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm

My 4 year old son wants a sweater like Mr. Rogers. I pretty much let my kids dress themselves in whatever they want so they don’t mind getting ready. They come up with some pretty interesting outfits, though.

7 Magali December 21, 2010 at 2:01 am

I live two hours away from normandy, but in Belgium, not in France.
I think in the beginning they will even need a little more than that..
It’s cold here for the moment, and snowy.

8 allison {live love small} December 21, 2010 at 6:20 am

cute sweaters! it’s always a fight to get my 4 year old son to wear a sweatshirt or jacket. he’d wear a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops every day if he could!

9 Maria December 21, 2010 at 6:36 am

Being in Florida – (and having lived in Denver) I RELISH the times when the temps drop low enough to bundle my boys a bit. These sweaters are FABULOUS! My two mini-men would LOVE them. At 3- (well on Thursday he’ll be 3) and 6 they LOVE the idea of anything that makes them look like a “big-boy” – the 3 wanting to look like the 6 and the 6 wanting to look like Dad. These, I think, would do it! :-D

10 Taylor December 21, 2010 at 7:48 am

I am in love with Tooby Doo. We got our first Tooby Doo outfit when my daughter was born and she wore it home from the hospital. It has always been a favorite!!

11 Isabel @AlphaMom December 21, 2010 at 7:58 am

love it. It reminds me a lot of Kule, which disappeared all of a sudden.

12 Mary December 21, 2010 at 8:54 am

So funny how different kids are. My 4-year-old was so upset this morning, because the shirt he wanted to wear was dirty. He basically only wears two outfits right now – they’re both fleece pants and waffle-tees. It’s even a struggle to get him to wear jeans. Occasionally he surprises me, and he does have a couple sweaters he’ll occasionally wear, but… And we live in Boston! It’s COLD! Now I’m interested to see how my little guy feels, once he’s old enough to express an opinion.

13 Elisabeth@YCCII December 21, 2010 at 9:34 am

These are adorable, but I say wait until you get to France and do your shopping there! (if you have time, that is).

14 liz stanley December 21, 2010 at 9:37 am

that little striped sweater is soo cute. i want i mean hank wants!

15 Betsy December 21, 2010 at 10:11 am

I adore tooby doo! Love how they do stripes! thecoolkidsblog.com

16 bdaiss December 21, 2010 at 10:31 am

Ugh. It’s basketball season. This means a myriad of “uniform” changes daily. And getting the Boy to put on more than shorts and t-shirts is a battle. At least until someone opens a door and points out it’s mighty dang chilly out.

17 Kellie Collis December 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

Gorgeous! Totally the right choice! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

18 Dina December 21, 2010 at 3:47 pm

What you’ll REALLY need for Normandie are raincoats, and lots of them! But I say wait and shop en France, much better selections.
I love dressing my 7 month old up in sweaters, they look so cute!

19 Ali Rockwell December 22, 2010 at 6:52 am

These are all SO SO SO cute!

20 Sarah Jane December 22, 2010 at 11:22 am

I like the two striped ones in the middle! I’m not a big sweater fan for myself, but I sure do like them on Lula. She got a new one for Christmas from Old Navy and it looked adorable on her. I posted it on my blog recently. I just wanted to cuddle her all day! She’s so fun to dress up!

21 Marsaille December 22, 2010 at 8:51 pm

My daughter loves to layer her old summer dresses over jeans and a t neck for that tunic look. She doesn’t mind sweaters if they have something cool like pompoms or a kangaroo pocket. She’s 3. I don’t give her much choice when it comes to staying warm! LLBean (clearance even)has some nice roll necks. Great for layering and not logo driven.

22 Vicki December 24, 2010 at 8:33 am

We keep our house cool (60-63 in the winter), so the kids wear sweaters to keep warm. They like picking out their own.
We also have a rule that you can’t complain about being cold unless you are wearing a hat. :)

23 Jeannie Lorenz July 22, 2011 at 8:01 am

I am delighted that you introduced this site to me!! My daughter loves stripes and jersey material, and the clothes at ToobyDoo are a refreshing and comfortable alternative to what is available elsewhere. Thank you!