Snow Boots

December 8, 2010

red snow boots sorel red snow boots sorel

Take a look at my boots. I have a huge crush on them. (Red snowboots!)

Last year, I made it through the whole Colorado winter without any snowboots at all — I was pregnant and not much in the mood for snow play. But this year I want to get out there with the kids and really enjoy the cold. Snowball fights and building snowmen and making snowforts and sledding. So I ordered these boots early in the season to be prepared.

And now I’m waiting (not very patiently) for the snow.

What about you? Have you had much snow this year? Do have any boots you love?

P.S. — Want your own pair? I just noticed they’re on sale here.

1 Maren December 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm

those boots are soooooo cute! I want some! We have had snow here in Omaha once! And it’s all gone. I shouldn’t be complaining since last year the snow was unbearable!

2 Julie December 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Ooooh, I LOVE them! They are perfect! We have a good amount of snow here (Winnipeg), I’m planning on purchasing a fab pair of Pajar Grip boots (in white). Can’t wait to get my hands on them!

3 Jen Lewis December 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Those are fierce! I love them.

4 joanne December 8, 2010 at 3:12 pm

it feels like we’ve had snow here in idaho forever, but really it’s only been a couple of weeks. i have some sorel caribous that i got a couple of years ago. they’re cute but quite heavy! i wish i had seen some like yours and i would have got those instead, and worn them all winter long!

5 Laura December 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for sharing! We just moved to New England! I can’t wait for the snow. I just got snowsuits and boots for my boys. I got snowpants for me and now I need some boots. My husband asked, “what if it doesn’t snow?” I told him him we will find snow! :)

6 kimberly December 8, 2010 at 3:23 pm

My husband lovingly bought me some Sorels our second winter in Idaho (i somehow made it through our first winter without them). But gosh dang they are not as awesome looking as yours! cute. Mine are very utilitarian with furry trim. I’m starting to think that one way to put a positive spin on an endless frozen winter is to own several pairs of fabulous winter boots!

7 Heidi December 8, 2010 at 3:34 pm

We just moved from Las Vegas to Minnesota and heavens we have A LOT of snow already. I am still getting myself equiped and am so ordering those boots.

8 Jenna December 8, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Those are so so SO cute. Too bad they won’t come in handy for AZ winters :)

9 Vanessa December 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm

adorable! the red is super fun.

10 Noelle @ Gray Paint Decor December 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm

awww, super cute boots! Makes me wish we had a little snow here in socal. But that would be awfully strange if it happened ;)

11 Rosa @ flutterflutter December 8, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Those are great boots! Love the red. I just bought an amazingly comfortable pair of La Canadienne boots (Traveler) that I think I may wear every single day even if there is no snow. They’re that comfy.

12 kalanicut December 8, 2010 at 4:37 pm

You are looking VERY stylish and ready for the cold weather. I am doing a lot to convince myself that I really need a cute pair of boots like this if I am going to survive a week-long visit to the family at Christmas. May be hard to justify, esp since it’s about 80 here today. :) Happy Winter!

13 Damaris @Kitchen Corners December 8, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I love love love your boots. Red is perfect isn’t it? I would be tempted if I lived even close to snow.

14 Haley December 8, 2010 at 4:56 pm

We just got dumped on with a snowstorm in the UP of Michigan. I have two pairs of boots–both slip-ons. A pair of Columbia’s that are going on their 7th tough winter and a new pair of Sorel’s that I’m breaking in.

15 Chris December 8, 2010 at 5:10 pm

oooo love the red. I got a pair of the knee high Sorel boots rated to -32 degrees. Perfect for Vermont winters but they look great, definitely the best looking boots I have ever had. Sorel has really notched up the design on their boots since my last pair.

16 Isabel @AlphaMom December 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm
17 DeeAnna December 8, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Deeelicicous! Now we just need some snow dang it!

18 amy December 8, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I love sorel’s. My husband’s family has a place (very small place) in sun valley and everyone has a pair of sorel’s. I want a pair so badly, but living in FL and barely spending one week a year in ID makes them an extremely expensive pair of boots. we’ll see. maybe next year.

19 amyks December 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Those are very cute. I have pink and gray North Face boots, that I just adore.:)

20 Sarah December 8, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Wow, those are SO cute! Makes me wish we had some snow here, so I had an excuse to buy them. But alas, here in NC, we have no snow… Maybe I’ll buy them for a family member in upstate NY though. THEY have lots of snow!

21 Joanne M. December 8, 2010 at 6:02 pm

i have the same boots!!
mine are black toe with houndstooth uppers and they are awesome for ohio winters.

22 Jaclyn December 8, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I asked for a pair of Sorels for Christmas, hope I get them. I love the red!

23 Betsy December 8, 2010 at 7:08 pm

super cute Gabriele! I need to check them out. I need a new pair BAD! In Chicago we already have our first snow fall and the kids got to go sledding last weekend! thecoolkidsblog.com

24 Cecily December 8, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Gabby — Bought myself a pair of Sorel Torino’s last winter. They look very similar just in black, light gray with puple stitching. They ARE AWESOME! Warm and Comfortable… and now that Design Mom blogged about them STYLISH!

25 Sheila December 8, 2010 at 7:27 pm

OMG, Design Mom, you saved the day! I’ve just spent the last two days looking for a good pair of winter boots, with no luck. I am flat-out copying you. These are too cute! I am replacing an old pair of Hogl boots that have been my amazing workhorses for years. They don’t seem to sell that brand in the US anymore, though. Thanks!

26 Heidi December 8, 2010 at 7:31 pm

xoxo them!

27 Kim December 8, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Nice – love the white stitching detail. No snow boots here – sunscreen and sunhats for us!

28 Michele H. December 8, 2010 at 7:45 pm

oh my…those shoes are sweet. we don’t get snow but i still want them:)

29 Tammy December 8, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Love the gray and the red! Getting [more] snow this weekend here in Illinois.

30 Heidi December 8, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Sweet boots! I have Colombia’s Bugabootoo’s, I love them! We’ve had quite a bit of snow here but since we live across the street from a lake, it all keeps blowing away! I guess that’s okay because I still need to get snowpants before I can get out and enjoy it!

31 Tanya December 8, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I LOVE THEM! I used to have these red shoes that kinda resembled bowling shoes that are kinda similar to your boots. Adding these to my wishlist…

32 bdaiss December 8, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Adorable. I’ve been a huge Sorel fan since I lived in da UP, eh. 300+ inches a snow a year will make you appreciate good boots. Have fun out there!

33 Sara December 9, 2010 at 5:41 am

Here in SW Michigan (about a mile from the lake), we’ve gotten much more snow that I want! My boots are from the boy section at Target… and my 4 year old asked me to not wear them to her Christmas program this week “because they are ugly.” Boooooo hooooo…. ; )

34 Josephine December 9, 2010 at 6:58 am

We’ve had almost 20 inches of snow so far this year, so I could ship some to you if you want….Love the boots!

35 Jo December 9, 2010 at 8:28 am

They’re totally cute! (And thanks for the heads-up on the sale! ;-) I could really use a pair soon – I don’t know how I survived the New Jersey winters without owning a single pair of heavy-duty winter boots the past 3 years…)

36 Erin December 9, 2010 at 8:28 am

Super cute boots! I have a really nice pair of black BOGS my husband gifted me a couple of years ago for Christmas. I liked them a ton until my sweet two-year-old boy told me I was wearing “daddy’s boots”. Ugh…I guess they weren’t that cute. So, just a couple of weekends ago, I happened across a super sale on footwear at a local outdoor outfitter. Now, I have CUTE grey snow boots that look like “mommy boots”. I feel so much more prepared to play in the snow now. Whew! :-)

37 Rachael December 9, 2010 at 8:40 am

So cute and cheerful!

38 Manda December 9, 2010 at 8:45 am

Those are soo cute! Wish they had had them 2 years ago when I got my Sorels (which I love, but red….so great!!).

39 Melanie December 9, 2010 at 9:15 am

I love your boots! Here in Montreal, we already have plenty of snow. Yick!

40 vadjutka December 9, 2010 at 9:21 am

how cool boots – love them!

41 Jeanette from Everton Terrace December 9, 2010 at 10:35 am

The answers to your questions are no and no. I live in Phoenix so I’ve never actually owned a pair of snow boots. Uggs though. Yours are adorable.

42 Kira December 9, 2010 at 10:41 am

Sorel boots are my favorite! I have two pairs (one pair of Tivoli’s) and I bought my sister the cute black and white houndstooth pair with pink laces for her birthday. I LOVE them. I want more, but it doesn’t snow much in Portland and since I very rarely go up to the mountain I can’t justify it. They are such great boots especially for the price!

43 Mary December 9, 2010 at 11:56 am

So cute! I am reminded that I promised myself I’d get a warm pair of boots this winter. I live in Boston – how is it that I don’t own a good pair of boots? Off to browse now…

44 Carolina December 9, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Love these boots! The price isn’t too bad either. We received about an inch of snow last weekend in Virginia. Last year we had three major snow falls. These boots would come in handy!

45 Jan @ Family Bites December 9, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I love these. They are so gorgeous.

46 Debbie D December 9, 2010 at 8:53 pm

yes. please. those would come in superhandy for our freezin’ WI winters!

47 jody December 9, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Oh those are so great! Just moved to the Canadian border… I guess Ihave a new item for my Christmas list :)

48 Jessica R. December 12, 2010 at 6:42 am

Those are some fun boots! We’ve already had snow 3x in KY. I, frankly, am not a big fan. Hmm…maybe I just need some super fun snow boots =)

49 Marie December 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I just bought these! I also intend to have a huge crush on them shortly.

50 Anneliese December 13, 2010 at 8:37 pm

LOVE the boots! I ordered some black Sorels…I too have never had legitimate winter boots (the waterproof kind)…but they haven’t arrived yet. can’t wait. Except, mine are black. Should I have ordered the red???

51 Zak December 13, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I love these! My Columbia boots are going on their sixth winter and I’m thinking they are going into retirement just so I can buy these.

Now if it would just snow we would be all set!

52 kayce hughes December 14, 2010 at 8:05 pm

They are the cutest things I have ever seen!

53 Stephanie December 14, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Those are SO cool…just like…YOU.

54 decent December 23, 2010 at 12:55 am

Cuuuute red boots, like them a lot, Really eyecatching.