Rip + Tatter

December 23, 2010

child cardboard chair Peter Oyler

Peter Oyler designed these child-size cardboard chairs called Rip + Tatter. The look of them appeals to my industrial-looking-furniture-obsessions. What do you think? Do you like the look or are they too messy for your taste?

child cardboard chair Peter Oyler child cardboard chair Peter Oyler child cardboard chair Peter Oyler

1 Meagan December 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I think my cats would love (read: destroy) them.

2 Brooke December 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Amen, Sister. My kittens are maniacs these days when it comes to paper products. Tissue paper is everywhere this Christmas!

3 Michelle December 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm

How cool! The best part is it’s recyclable, so it’s worn and ready to go by the time you outgrow it. I’m sure my cat would love scratching one of these!

4 Jenny Joy December 23, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I like the aesthetic of those chairs, but the reality? Uncomfortable. And probably sheds little bits of cardboard all over the place. And if you spill your juice on it? Trashed. So, unless these are featured at IKEA for $20 bucks, I’ll have to pass.

5 just December 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm

love it! i recently worked with muji & scored a similar kind of diy child size chair-look it up, theyre awesome!

6 judith December 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm

love it but would fear my kids would shred it

7 sarah k December 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm

looks kind of fun but my “that would shed little pieces and my baby would eat them” radar goes off immediately!

8 Karen M December 23, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Neat to look at~ in someone else’s home!

9 Andrea -- StuffWeMake.com December 23, 2010 at 8:04 pm

We’re big on cardboard projects at our house

But sorry! Those chairs are just too ripped and tattered for me!

10 Pop & Lolli December 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm

love them! like the look, the design, the (non)color and overall aesthetics …. perfect and unique! I’m a HUGE industrial-look junkie too – so can totally see myself enjoying these, but in reality/practical sense, I totally agree with some of the earlier comments – just perhaps a bit too impractical for a toddler at best. nevertheless – a fabulous find!

11 Laura@HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com December 28, 2010 at 1:37 am

I love these! As an expat family, they would be wonderful because we wouldn’t have to worry about them getting damaged when we move and we can recycle them when the kids outgrew them. I wish more furniture came like this – perfect for our lifestyle. Thanks for sharing! XO L

12 koke December 30, 2010 at 10:11 am

Really cool and very nice, but for my two (montruitos) children are impractical. I recently put one of my playhouses and wanted to put in a sofa.

13 Sarah Jane January 5, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think they’re pretty amazing. I like anything unique or unusual…well, maybe not anything! But these are pretty awesome!

14 Daniele S December 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm

They look neat but my children would destroy them.