Gift Guide #2: Cozy Things

November 16, 2010

Are you ready for gift guide number two? (Just when we’ve been talking about doing more with less. Hah! What can I do? There are just so many pretty things to share.) For gift guide #2, I’ve gathered together a collection of items that seem cozy in one way or another. During fall and winter, cozy is the feeling I’m craving the most. How about you?

[ This holiday gift guide is underwritten by Pier 1. Pier 1 is your one stop for unique, imported decor, gifts, furniture, glassware and more this holiday season. I've included some of my favorites from Pier 1 below.]

- Mercury Glass Candleholders. I love the way mercury glass looks aged with a nice patina, even when it’s new.

- Baby Moccasins. Susan of Freshly Picked makes these teeny tiny, buttery soft leather mocs for babies. I have a pair in gold and they are to die for.

- Hot Cocoa Set. What’s cozier than a mug of hot cocoa? These mugs are on the mini side. Perfect for kids.

- Forest Fir Candle. Bringing an outdoor scent in, makes the room feel all the warmer.

- Leather Cuff. The aged leather on this wide cuff is neat. Rustic and cool at the same time.

- Bookplates. Labeling your own little library of books is such a warming thought. Bookplates and a favorite book would make a charming gift.

- Maryjane Slippers. Slippers always feel like a splurge. Which makes them a nice gift. I love the shape of these maryjane versions.

- Embellished Blanket. A cozy wool throw blanket that’s so pretty it might be a scarf. Except it’s a blanket.

- Polar Jacket. Your kids will stay warm, and look like adorable little eskimos in this (faux) fur lined parka.

- Moon Necklace. Now you can give her the moon! So sweet. (It reminds me of Many Moons.)

- Snowy Day Book & Doll Set. Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats, is the coziest children’s book around.

- Cozy Cookbook. Harvest to Heat explores the relationship between farming and eating with recipes from America’s best chefs, farmers and artisans.

- Mittens/Gloves. In cheery yellow with lovely details.

- Wool Acorns. Etsy shop Fairyfolk makes the happiest little acorns — in both brights and neutrals. I want a bowl full.

- Chenille Peacock Feather Rug. A chenille rug is the ideal spot to cozy up with your kids for a snowy day of board games and puzzles.

- Kindle Reader Cover. In boiled wool with leather detailing. This will help your techy reader feel a bit warmer.

- Furry Earmuffs. Cozy!

- Cashmere Scarf. Yes it’s a splurge, but the recipient will want to wear it every single day. In several luxurious colors.

1 suzanne @ pretty swell November 16, 2010 at 11:23 am

Such lovely picks! Thanks also for your sidebar guide to gifts that kids can make. Was looking for ideas for my 2-year-old, and my search stops here! Of course. :)

2 Victoria November 16, 2010 at 11:28 am

Great ideas. I’ve fallen in love with the acorns!

3 beyond November 16, 2010 at 11:39 am

great picks, as usual. LOVE the moon necklace.

4 Ana November 16, 2010 at 11:47 am

I love the moccasins! wish they had in my size… :)

5 sara November 16, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Wonderful ideas; thanks! I am leaning towards more handmade gifts this year (for the first time EVER — I’ve always been a bit behind the curve) and I love browsing Etsy. For my own girls (ages 6, 6, & 8) I’m knitting scarves. I can only do a very basic knit/purl but I’ve noticed that so many scarves in the stores are very plain like that; no cabling or anything, with tassels or puff balls on the end. I can DO that! Plus, my girls are young enough that my imperfections won’t bother them :)

6 Aimee Giese | Greeblemonkey November 16, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I always love the stuff you love.

7 Jennifer Brailsford November 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Love the moon necklace. Been looking for something unique like that.

8 MOV November 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I really like all these things. My problem is that I try to de-clutter, and then along come cute things like these! Big sigh.
MOV

9 Diane November 16, 2010 at 1:25 pm

I just ordered the adorable bookplates! I’ve been looking for something like them for ages. Hooray!

10 Ashlea Walter November 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I think I need a bowl full of those fuzzy acorns too. Oh, Etsy, how I love thee!

11 Rachel Halatokoua November 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm

I LOVE my Resto souffle cashmere scarf. Best accessory of the season!

12 Marta November 17, 2010 at 5:03 am

I love all the things! I got a several ideas for family presents, but no idea what to give to my brother-in law… a tie perhaps?

13 Kathleen November 17, 2010 at 7:44 am

Such a fun assortment! Love the gold baby moccasins and the yellow gloves/mittens. And of course the Snowy Day book and doll!

Hope that the holidays ahead are fun for your family!

14 Jan @ Family Bites November 17, 2010 at 9:29 am

I love it all! But the gloves, the book and the slippers are fab.

Side note: My sister is expecting her first baby and I just threw a shower for her last weekend. I gave her a starter library made up of 20 classic children’s books, and I looked for bookplates so I could personalize the books, but couldn’t find them anywhere. Who knew they could be found at Pier 1!

15 shari November 17, 2010 at 2:54 pm

ooooh! that peacock feather rug is gorgeous! i love it!

thanks for sharing!

16 Chassity November 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Loving this post- keep the ideas coming :)

17 just November 17, 2010 at 7:11 pm

ever texting/calling one needs fingerless gloves that turn into mittens!

18 alyson boehr November 19, 2010 at 4:27 am

I’ve been thinking scarves lately, you know the pretty ones to wear with a crisply pressed cotton blouse…now I think I’ll be dreaming of wrapping myself in a cashmere one. Thanks for sharing:)

19 my name is ish November 21, 2010 at 12:08 am

I love those felted acorns!!! I was drawn to the muted tones at first, but now I kind of want them in every color.

20 Rachael November 21, 2010 at 10:52 am

I just love your gift guides! We have ten family members to get presents for and only one gift purchased so far, so I’m eagerly awaiting the full set!

21 Kathleen December 1, 2010 at 7:01 am

Who doesn’t love cozy this time of year? So many great items to spread the cheer around. Thanks for the opportunity.

22 RussellU63 December 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm