Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran’s Day, Friends!

Ben Blair and I are headed to San Jose later today — Baby June too! We will be attending a workshop at the Ebay headquarters. Our favorite babysitter, Julie, will be holding down the fort with the older kids while we’re away. It’s a short trip — we’ll be back on Saturday — but I’m really looking forward to it.

Do you watch the Daily Show? I think I get to meet Samantha Bee at the Ebay event! I plan to take lots of photos and share them with you next week.

P.S. — Don’t you love the look of these simple wood cameras by Twig? If you have a camera happy toddler, this would be a fun gift. Speaking of fun, check back for two fun giveaways later today.

1 Sarah November 11, 2010 at 10:33 am

I know the way because I live here! Hope you have a great trip! Will you have time for anything fun? And I hope you are staying some place fabulous!

2 Betsy November 11, 2010 at 10:37 am

Have an awesome trip! I have had my eye on a wood camera on etsy. LOVE!
fun2bkids.blogspot.com

3 Michelle November 11, 2010 at 11:14 am

Gabrielle,

Our biggest THANK YOU to you. Thank you for promoting quality children’s products, handmade, small businesses, and ultimately creativity everywhere. We SO appreciate your shout out!

4 Ashlea Walter November 11, 2010 at 11:19 am

Ooh, I love that camera!!

5 AlyssaP November 11, 2010 at 11:39 am

San Jose is a cool city – I’m not too far from there in the East Bay. If you ever come back and bring the kids, San Jose has an AWESOME Children’s Discovery Museum. There is also the San Jose Museum of Art, and the Tech Museum. Have fun! :)

6 Elizabeth November 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Oh my gosh – I love her dress. It’s precious. I can’t wait to have a little girl so I can dress her up in cute clothes.

7 Erin November 11, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Just about a week ago I was listening to Dione Warwick being interviewed on NPR for her new autobio–and “Do You Know the Way to San Jose?” was in my head for days after. Now it’s back! Ha. And I keep seeing those sisters from “My Best Friend’s Wedding” singing it, too…

8 Beth November 11, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Love the camera! In fact I love all toys wooden. I’m thinking about making a new no noisy electronice toy policy this year. Hopefully the grandparents won’t mind.

9 Adrianna November 12, 2010 at 12:13 am

Love that camera! I love the simplicity and I feel like it aids in a better use of imagination. Have a good trip!

10 Heather November 12, 2010 at 6:17 am

You get to meet Samantha Bee? I’m so jealous! Please take tons of pictures. She is such a funny lady.

11 Wendy November 12, 2010 at 6:25 am

Have fun! I adore the Daily Show. I was on a business trip this week, watching The Daily Show on the in flight TV. I kept forgetting I was not alone…my laughter was loud -I had headphones on. Embarrassing.

12 Brandy November 12, 2010 at 6:40 am

I saw this and went and bought one for my 2 year old…see my 4 year old is getting a camera (real) for his birthday….and well, no one puts baby in a corner, without a camera. ;)

13 evelyse November 12, 2010 at 7:06 am

oooh..that camera is so cute! love that!

14 Kim November 12, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Design Mom + eBay? What a great combination!

15 Heather November 12, 2010 at 3:02 pm

San Jose – that’s where I live! Enjoy your stay – hope you get some time to see the sights!