A Few Things

November 12, 2010

image by liivia s via it’s mary ruffle

I’m spending the day at the Ebay campus here in San Jose. I feel lucky to have Ben Blair and Baby June with me. Being in California always makes me happy — the air feels sunny and I like how the light falls. I saw the cozy image above and thought it looked like how Denver felt as we left town. Which is equally enjoyable. Is your weather cozy or sunny? Or something else?

While we enjoy our quick trip, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
- Yellow boots!
- A major nursery remodel.
- I wrote about the coolest new appliance.
- Two Brunettes will customize your Christmas cards with illustrations of… you.
- Wow. Have you ever tried quilling?
- 100 years of the New York Subway.
- Online magazine fun: new issues of Maeve and Babiekins.
- A funny little porta-potty for toddlers.
- A nostalgic advent calendar pattern, plus even more advent calendars.
- I want to try this rug project.

I write a daily post for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are this week’s posts:
- I’ve never seen a catalog quite like this.
- Possibly the cutest map of the world ever.
- Baby June needs books likes these.
- Thanksgiving is closer than you think.
- Poems your kids will love.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 Michelle Glauser November 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for linking to my quilling! I’m excited to do some more!

2 Jessica November 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm

ooooh lots of lovelies to check out! thanks:)

3 alejandra November 12, 2010 at 11:40 pm

So cool that you are on my neck of the woods! The weather is so nice right now over here, have a great weekend!

4 artfulife November 12, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I tried quilling when I was in middle school. I still have all the tools in a box somewhere. It really is a fun and easy craft to do. Oh, & I love those baby books. I’ll have to get one for Omri for Christmas. Have fun on your trip :)

5 Rachel November 13, 2010 at 7:15 am

Quilling reminds me of this: http://www.elisabethtimpone.com/fun.html – Twirly-Do’s Giant Robot, on my cousin’s website.

6 Dana November 13, 2010 at 10:49 am

It’s rainy here in Indiana, but your website and the ‘few things’ you’ve shared makes us feel cozy. Love what you share.

7 Polina November 13, 2010 at 3:45 pm

What are you doing at eBay if you do not mind me asking? I work at eBay San Jose, so i am curious :-)

8 Damaris @Kitchen Corners November 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I hope you had a good time in San Jose. Next time (when you have more time) come visit Santa Cruz. The weather has been amazing.

9 naomi November 13, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Loved the NY subway pictorial essay . . . NYC fascinates me, although I wouldn’t want to live there. But I love seeing how the city has evolved over the years. Also, my sister used to live near 125th and Broadway (where one of the photos was taken) while her husband was attending Columbia University. Thanks for sharing.

10 Andrea November 14, 2010 at 2:11 am

The toddler porta-potty is hilarious. Maybe that’s what it will take to convince my 2.5 year old to use the potty!

11 Kari November 14, 2010 at 2:21 am

Hey! You were in my town! :) Or at least right next door. You were right across the street from my Whole Foods! LOL.

The weather is amazing, though I can’t believe how warm it is going to be in the next few days. It is November, right?!

Let me know next time you visit the Bay Area and I’ll tell you where the good thrift stores are. ;)

12 Erin November 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

I LOVE the toddler porta-potty. So cute and yet, truly something they would have fun with too.

Our weather in Michigan is cozy at night and sunny during the day. Hard to beat!

13 deborah@applesinwonderland November 15, 2010 at 10:12 am

we are loving the warmer november with sunshine–no less, here in michigan. but don’t let the blue skies fool you, it’s pretty cold today. time for scarves and boots and mittens:) cozy!!!!

14 Priscila November 15, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Thank you so much for including Babiekins Magazine! :) California is beautiful and I am here too! Love it

15 Amy K November 16, 2010 at 11:33 am

I loved the photo in the post. And when I spied the shoes I thought it might be taken in Finland and I was right! I spent a wonderful 8 months in Finland with my family and this style of shoe is iconic there.