The Commission Project

October 20, 2010

Did you see this? My brother-in-law, Paul Ferney (he’s married to my sister Jordan of Oh Happy Day), is offering custom paintings for $200. That’s a major deal! You send in an image — maybe your wedding shoes, your favorite car, or a photo of your lover — and you’ll receive an original painting, framed(!), in plenty of time for Christmas. What a perfect gift idea.

There are only 100 commissions available and I happen to know that they’ve almost sold out, so buy yours right away if you’re interested.

I want to have a painting of Ben Blair made — he’s often behind the camera and we have so few photos of him. Who or what would you love to have a painting of?

1 Amy October 20, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I think it is wild that you posted this today. I had no idea you guys were related… how would I know that anyway?! I read Mighty Girl and she talked about the project as well. I literally just sent an email to your sister to see if my photo would qualify.

It is a picture of my two girls. It is a closeup of only their hands. Jane (age 6 at the time) has her finger out and Eleanor (age 2 weeks) is holding it. This is the kind of picture I would run in to a burning building to save. It means the world to me.

2 Treva October 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I would probably ask for a painting of a big bowl of chocolate pudding. I too, would go into a burning building for it.

And yes, I’m drooling as I write this.

3 Bettijo @ Paging Supermom October 20, 2010 at 7:12 pm

cool! I’ll have to go through my pics and figure out which I want done.

4 Lindsey October 20, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Gabby shhhhhh…I knew that if you posted about this it would sell out immediately :)
Thought about this for a day and missed out, hope they will do it again!

5 Nikie October 21, 2010 at 6:42 am

Lovely! Christmas would be a lot easier if I won.

6 Damaris October 21, 2010 at 8:20 am

I saw this and was so impressed. I’m still in love with his cake collection I’m sure I would love this as well.

7 CarrieP October 21, 2010 at 8:44 am

Oh, I missed it! Let us know if he does something like this again. Love his talent.

8 Jeanette from Everton Terrace October 21, 2010 at 9:09 am

Dagnabbit, I missed it. I would have purchased several, what a wonderful idea.

9 Katie October 21, 2010 at 11:02 am

Oh, I would love a painting of my dad working in our family’s large and scenic property. He passed away and I would love to have his memory on our wall.

10 Isabel @AlphaMom October 21, 2010 at 11:38 am

i think it’s so wonderful that you are supporting your BIL’s work here. it warms my heart.

also, i love that it also shows him how many people really feel like they missed out on an opportunity, not just to buy one, but SEVERAL of his paintings.

(luckily, i got in yesterday morning. now i’m still deciding which photo. i may send two and let Paul and Jordan choose. hee.)

11 GirlSunday Designs October 21, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I’m so bummed I missed it! they are all sold out. Gotta be faster next time! I love his paintings.

12 Allie October 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm

ooh – i’m bummed I missed it – i added my name to the waiting list, but what a great idea…. I was torn between getting something for my husband or sister in law!

13 Erin October 22, 2010 at 10:49 am

Really good idea. Too bad I’m so art-paralyzed–the permanence and seriousness of “real” art makes me worry and then do nothing at all!

14 DeeAnna October 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I got on the waiting list and then somehow I got an email that said we’re a go! Hoooray! I’m having a portrait of my great-aunt (in her 80′s) standing in front of her vegetable garden. I can’t wait!!