Sara’s Adoption Video

October 27, 2010

Ever been curious about adopting a child from another country? Sara recently grew her family from four people to six, when she adopted two beautiful babies from Ethiopia. She made a video about the experience here.

From Sara of Enter From the Exit.

P.S. — Here’s a sweet gender surprise story from A Chow Life.

——-

Note from Design Mom: throughout my 6th pregnancy, I posted advice, memories and stories about pregnancy, childbirth, adoption and growing a family on Wednesdays. My baby has now arrived — here’s her birth story and her newborn photos — but the series has been so popular that I’m continuing it indefinitely. You can find all the stories in this series by clicking here. Have a story you’d like to share? I’d love to read it. You can send it to me at gabrielle@designmom.com.

1 kelly October 27, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Thanks for posting this beautiful video, loved it! I do a lot of work with orphans in Bulgaria http://www.oneheart-bg.org so I’m a huge fan of helping families unite with children in harsh situations when it’s inspired to do.

Gabby, please add ‘tweet’ this button on your site because I’d be tweeting a lot if I didn’t have to copy and paste :)

2 Design Mom October 27, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Suggestion noted, Kelly! Thanks for the feedback.

3 Amber October 27, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful video! My niece is adopted and every time I hear a success story, it brings tears to my eyes….

4 Maggie October 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Sara,
Beautiful video. Congratulations on having a complete & gorgeous family.
Will you post a comment with the names of the songs you used in it? They were great. I tried to read the credits in the video but they’re too small.
thanks! :)

5 Jenn October 27, 2010 at 5:21 pm

This made me BAWL! Beautiful!

(FYI: Their blog is invite only..can’t read it)

6 Ann October 27, 2010 at 5:36 pm

tears of joy. Thanks for sharing this!

7 mandi October 27, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Beautiful!

We are in the midst of our own adoption journey and seeing that family all together just made me so happy! I can’t wait until our little one gets here!

8 Kage October 27, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I have watched this multiple times…and I cry every time when the caption comes up: You are an American.

Ok..almost just started again while typing it. It kills me that I haven’t met the babies yet…..

9 sara October 27, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Thanks so much for the comments, and Gabrielle, thanks for posting this on Design Mom. I love spreading the joy of adoption :)

Maggie, unfortunately my video software made my credits way too small! The songs in order are:

“Glider” from movie The Thomas Crown Affair
“Hamba Nathi” from movie Invictus
“St. Crispins Day” clip from movie Henry V
“Live in Technicolor” by Coldplay
“Baby” from documentary Babies

Hope that helps!

10 Becca October 28, 2010 at 4:45 am

Sara,
I’d love to share your video on my personal blog, and also our local FSA chapter’s blog (Families Supporting Adoption). Would you mind contacting me about permission. I guess it’s sort of public, since it’s on YouTube, but I’d still like to make sure it’s okay with you.
Thanks!
Becca

11 sara October 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Becca, you have my permission. I see that you are LDS too :) We sealed our babies on July 17th In Jordan River and it was a beautiful end to a long journey. You can contact me at stubbert at yahoo dot com.

12 sonya October 27, 2010 at 8:14 pm

perfect perfect perfect!! love love love adoption!

13 Rendy Lemke October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Oh, thank you for posting this! Only six months before Sara’s journey to Ethiopia, I was in Addis with my sister Sarah, meeting and bringing home her baby boy and girl. It was a real tear-jerker to relive that experience, see the same sights and orphanages we visited, and most importantly, this will only help spread the message of the great need for more families to adopt these precious, precious children.

14 Lynn Glenn October 28, 2010 at 11:59 am

Who knew Design Mom would make me cry! What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing!

15 KatiK October 29, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Incredibly moving. My husband and I have been considering international adoption and this was amazing to see. Many, many thanks for posting this.

16 sara October 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Katik, a huge reason why I made this video (aside from it being a remembrance for our family and especially our two babies of our adoption experience) was so that other families considering adoption would be moved and know that it IS possible for everything to work out. People can move mountains, make a difference; international adoption isn’t as scary as it is made out to be. Just do your research, search your heart, take the leap of faith and dive in. You won’t be sorry.