Project Runway

October 26, 2010

Are you watching Project Runway this season? We have been especially loving it because our favorite designer is Mondo, and he lives right here in Denver. Fun! Even more fun: on Thursday nights you can watch Project Runway — with Mondo — at the Beauty Bar in downtown Denver. Melanie from You Are My Fave has been twice and says it’s lots of fun and that Mondo is very friendly and approachable.

I want to go next week for the season finale and ask Mondo what it’s like to shop at Mood. Do they really only have 30 minutes? That would freak me out! I hear Michael C. will be joining Mondo to watch the finale.

Other TV I’m enjoying this season: Modern Family, Parenthood and Community. What about you? Any shows you are loving?

1 Kate Reymann October 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I am in deep mourning because Mad Men and Rubicon are over – how mean of AMC to end them both on the same day – but I love love love Parenthood. It makes me cry every week without fail. (Am I really the first to comment? Amazing!)

2 Maria October 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Parenthood all the way! Great show to watch with my husband when the kids are already asleep for the the night. I still have to catch up on Modern Family and Community.

3 Amy Carter October 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm

oh I LOVE Mondo! I’m jealous.

4 Natalie October 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I’ll be there! (just trying to find a carpool buddy) And I have too many shows that I watch, and it’s embarrassing, but one that is new that we LOVE is Running Wilde, it’s a lot like Arrested Development.

5 Elise October 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm

How awesome that you could possibily see Mondo, and Michael C. too! I would be thrilled. I would also want to ask them about shopping at Mood. 30 min can’t be realistic, right? I love project runway every season, always so inspiring!

6 nic @mybottlesup October 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm

ohmygoodness how fun!!!! i have adored watching mondo this season. he’s matured so much as a designer and an individual. enjoy and cheers!!!

7 Lauren O'Neill October 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Ah! I love Mondo too! So jealous you’re watching the finale with him!! How fun & exciting! Can’t wait, I’m definitely rooting for him!

8 Carol V October 26, 2010 at 2:35 pm

We LOVE Mondo! Hope he wins it!

9 oh amanda October 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Eek! I love Mondo! How fun is that?! Sadly, I’ll be watching here in Atlanta…

10 Juliana Chan October 26, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I’m loving parenthood as well this year. And Mondo is my favorite. I would definitely go and watch the show with him if I could, so you should :)

11 summar October 26, 2010 at 3:02 pm

that’s so lucky! i want to fly to denver just to be there with you, mondo and micheal c. my two faves are project runway and parenthood. it’s all about the drama isn’t it?

12 Amanda October 26, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I made a personal goal awhile back to pick two or three shows to follow for a season, rather than mindlessly sitting down in front of the tube in the evenings. It’s working out great! I am not watching much TV at all, and I really look forward to my few select shows. It’s like TV has gone back to being an event, with popcorn and everything … like when I was a kid and we would all watch “Unsolved Mysteries” together as a family!

That said …

I, too, am tuning into “Project Runway” this year. And I think Mondo’s going to kill it at Fashion Week!

But it’s “MAD MEN” that’s had me completely mesmerized this season. I never watched the show until early this summer, before the new season started, but when I did — boy, did I fall hard! I had to catch up on all the previous seasons online before this one started. It’s so multi-layered, and the style is so much fun to watch. And I’m not even into the ’60s looks!

13 Adrienne October 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Have been watching Project Runway… Mondo is great. The skirt above looks like something I would have worn with a fitted black turtleneck and black suede flats back in college (in the early 90′s), so cute!

Modern Family, Chuck, The Mentalist are favorites of ours. I just could not get into the Parenthood series… love the movie though.

14 Kathleen Dougherty October 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Gabrielle,
We LOVE Community as well. It’s so well written and hil-ARIOUS!!!! But I saw on Yahoo front page that it is one of the shows “on the edge” of being canceled. I was all NOOOOoooooo! Please say it ain’t so. I’ll be so upset. Did you see Parks and Recreation is no longer on:( We liked that one too.

15 Katie B October 26, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Hmm. I so wished I watched Project Runway! Since we as of late we only watch TV when the kiddo is asleep, my husband and I have a rule that we have to agree on the show. PR is unfortunately not on his list. I should start DVRing it to watch when he’s sleeping;)

One new show we do agree on is The Event. We’re hoping it will replace Lost on our list of favs. We do also love Community. It’s great especially considering that I have spent my “career” working for community colleges!

16 heidikins October 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I wish I had known about this! I would have flown to Denver ages ago to watch PR with Mondo!

xox

17 Maria Petrova October 26, 2010 at 4:32 pm

It’s a huge relief that on my month-long Bulgarian exile I can watch Mad Men on iTunes! Thanks for this post, Gabrielle!

18 Amy October 26, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I wish I lived in Denver, too! Mondo is my fave too and I will be SHOCKED if he doesn’t win. Yay for PR!

19 Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 26, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I used to love PR, but haven’t watched it for a while. I do watch Bones and The Mentalist when I get a chance by DVD. My husband and I tape and watch Mad Men – such a great show!

20 Alison October 26, 2010 at 4:58 pm

AH! MONDO. I’m hoping that viewing party turns into a victory party! Lucky lady! But to be honest, I would feel pretty uncomfortable around Michael C. after his breakdown last episode. Poor guy but that was so AWKWARD. Am I the only one who was covering their eyes? Bless his heart.

xo

21 edith October 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm

you named my project runway favorite and all my favorite fall shows in one posting…swoon :)

22 karey October 26, 2010 at 5:39 pm

How awesome to be able to watch the show with Mondo! He was an early favorite with me. :)
I’ve been watching several shows this fall, including America’s Next Top Model, Community, 30 Rock, and Running Wilde. My husband and I just finished watching Arrested Development recently, so its nice to see Will Arnett doing another show.

23 Sarah October 26, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Project runway is a must see for me this season. I adore Mondo and his designs and I think he’ll most likely win.. How cool you can watch the show with him in Denver, you must go. Can’t wait to see the results this week.

24 Jan @ Family Bites October 26, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I love parenthood! And I’m also really getting into Friday Night Lights now. We are on the third season and I love it!

25 Sara October 26, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Project Runway is absolutely my favorite, too. How fun to watch with Mondo!!! I am rooting for him.

I like Parenthood and Modern Family, too, but don’t always remember to watch them. We are stuck in the dark ages with regards to TV, so we don’t have real cable or DVR and I have to watch PR online. I also love Glee, but end up watching it on hulu, too, because my kids’ 8:00 bedtime is rarely so exactly punctual that I wouldn’t miss the beginning (and I hate to miss the beginning ;)!). I haven’t seen Community…maybe I should give it a try. I also love Top Chef, but this Desserts spin-off isn’t wowing me. I wish that Top Design would come back!

26 jill October 26, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Hands down….30 Rock is my fave! I can’t get enough of Liz Lemmon + Jack Donaghy. But, Modern Family is a close second!

27 Jupiter October 26, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I’m always a whole season behind everyone since we don’t have cable/satellite & I just never seem to have the time to watch every episode online, so I’m still watching last Season of Chuck, Bones & Modern Family!

I finished last season of Mad Men ages ago & the newest can’t come out on DVD fast enough.

Oh…but I did catch the 1st 2 eps of Raising Hope and thought it was great.

28 chichichick October 26, 2010 at 7:59 pm

LOVE Mondo! He is the clear winner. Also watching The Event and Desperate Housewives. Vanessa Williams is not adding anything to the show.

29 Adventures In Babywearing October 26, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I love Mondo! Also, I dream of shopping at Mood, too ! :)

We don’t have TV (which is recent and is actually wonderful) but I do love catching shows online. My current faves are Parenthood and Modern Family as well.

Steph

30 Michelle October 26, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Great style, love the pop of that blue! Let us know if you get to meet him!

31 Michaela October 26, 2010 at 10:13 pm

So jealous that you get to watch finale with Mondo! He’s my favorite also. He as an undeniably amazing talent for mixing prints. I loved that black and white skirt with the yellow belt he did last week…I kinda want it for me (:

32 deborah@applesinwonderland October 27, 2010 at 7:06 am

I’m am so with you on the 30 minutes in Mood. That freaks my freak. We are loving Modern Family–just started watching this season, with our family of four.

33 Lani October 27, 2010 at 8:08 am

Love it, love it! Wish I could watch it with Mondo and Michael C.

34 Jessica October 27, 2010 at 8:24 am

oh, goose bumps! i LOVE LOVE LOVE Mondo and for sooooo many different reasons. my heart goes out to that man. he is amazingly talented and a seemingly wonderful human. if you do see him at the finale, please tell him” Jessica from Miami Beach loves him.” he. has. got. to. win.

35 Carolina October 27, 2010 at 8:30 am

I like Mondo too! The way he can mix patterns is just crazy to me. I am anxiously awaiting the finale. Didn’t Heidi say that the “decision (on the winner) was the hardest decision they’ve made in PR history!” I don’t have cable, just rabbit ears, so I have to watch each episode on the internet (without the commercials) on Friday night!
I’m also loving Modern Family, always makes me laugh out loud, and Parenthood!!

36 Robyn October 27, 2010 at 9:39 am

I just had to mention that you have the exact TV lineup I do. I did watch Mad Men until the season ended (sad). And I also watch Glee. :-)

37 Melanie October 27, 2010 at 10:38 am

LOVE Parenthood- prob my fav show! Also- Modern Family, The Middle, and Glee. If I’m home on Friday night I watch The Good Guys- love Bradley Whitford!

38 jgw October 27, 2010 at 12:21 pm

we love community in our house. great writing. also love 30 Rock when it’s funny instead of dirty. time for us to get winter gear, too. i like the idea of using family night for a winter fashion show! thanks

39 Judie Updike October 27, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Going to see Anthony Williams tomorrow night at a nearby boutique just north of Atlanta. He was my favorite from last season and this season it’s Mondo. Michael C has so much heart and I’m thrilled he did so well given the nasty comments about him from his fellow designers (Gretchen! Aarg,).

40 Jenny also October 27, 2010 at 4:03 pm

love Love LOVE project Runway, especially this season. So great to watch a reality show that is all about real talent and not just people acting slutty, or mean, or both. And Monda is my favorite. His HIV status is heartbreaking as well as inspiring. he is so fun, lovable, and talented. Do you watch this show with your older kids? A good starting place for so many conversations about talent, hard-work, sexual orientation, identity, how you present yourself to the world etc etc.

41 Erin October 27, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I think we must be TV twins. Those are most of the shows I watch too….add in a sprinkle of Biggest Loser and No Reservations and we are set!

42 Melissa B. October 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I so love Project Runway! It has been my fave since season one. This season has been sooooo entertaining (school-yard bullying, cheating scandals, and lots and lots tears!), but the fashion hasn’t wowed me like other seasons have. And, being from Oregon, it bothers me that the Oregon contestants are always so annoying (Leann from a few years ago drove me crazy)! We have a lot of really cool people here. Surely some of them design clothes!

43 Kelly October 27, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I love Project Runway this season. They seem to be showing much more of the emotion involved this time vs. the cattiness (although there has been plenty of that too). Can’t wait for the finale and our house is pulling for Mondo. I have to admit that at first I hated Parenthood. I couldn’t find anything likable about the characters, they have so many flaws. But I realized that the things I didn’t like about them were some of the things I also really struggled with as a parent. And I also realized that as a parent, we need to give other parents a break (even the TV ones). The job is hard enough as it is. Now I love the show. And Community too – brilliant this year.

44 Audrey October 28, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Oooooo we LOVE Mondo! Oh I wish we could come to Denver for the finale…You have to go! xx

45 Kate The Great November 2, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I love The Big Bang Theory. I’m convinced that every man is some part geek, and the show is wonderfully intelligent that I don’t feel like I’ve burned brain cells by watching, but exercised them.

This is good, because it’s one of only two shows that I follow on a consistent basis. The other is The Amazing Race, but it’s only fun if you pick up at the beginning of each season. And I can’t say I’ve seen every sason or every episode like I have The Big Bang Theory.