A Few Things

October 8, 2010

Hello Friends! Did you have a good week? I couldn’t get enough of the weather. It’s been absolutely perfect and makes me want to take long walks. I’m hoping for a laidback weekend. Maybe I’ll do some yardwork. And I’m thinking about making these hilarious mummy pizzas. My kids will go nuts over them, I’m sure. While you ponder your own weekend plans, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:

- Make these paper favor cups for your next event.
- A homemade nursery at the beach.
- Autumn colors.
- How fun! A party to announce if she’s having a boy or a girl.
- Darling Halloween party invitations from Amy Atlas.
- Exchange postcards with strangers around the world. (thanks Ashlea)
- Gold.
- White.
- A colorful home.
- Don’t miss my Blue Poppy Jewelry giveaway.
- Should I be a mushroom for Halloween?

I write a daily post for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here are this week’s posts:
- How cute is this Eric Carle app?
- I bet my girls would love this charming book by Charise Harper.
- Stunning underwater maternity photos.
- This cute jacket has a built-in vest. I want one for Oscar.
- Gasp! Itsy bitsy turquoise loafers.
- A neat tote for your budding politician.

Have a lovely weekend! I’ll see you back here on Monday. I miss you already!

kisses
Gabrielle

1 bdaiss October 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm

A mushroom! What a cute idea!

And those underwater maternity photos are stunning. But I think I’d have wanted the kind where you where the big gauzy fabric in the water. : )

2 amyks October 8, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Yes, you should be a mushroom for Halloween…such a simple, I bet you would be stunning and may be baby June could be a little frog. Too cute!

3 Frieda October 8, 2010 at 2:42 pm

So funny that you’re linking to postcrossing, I was about to write a comment about that on your last post- it’s amazing to receive postcards from people all around the world!
Have a great weekend!

4 Ashlea Walter October 10, 2010 at 10:31 am

Our family and friends are now addicted to Postcrossing, especially the kids. Kind of like a more interesting version of having a pen pal for lazy people? HA. We love it too!

5 Angel October 8, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I love gender reveal parties…such a fun way to get people together and guess!

6 Kim Simmonds October 8, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I just signed up for a study abroad opportunity in Egypt, and I am so making those mummy pizzas to celebrate! :)

7 Kristen E October 8, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a baby gender party. I’m definitely going to make that happen when it’s my turn! Mostly because it would be a really fun party to design and plan. I’m already married, and I can’t think of another occasion where parties like that are socially acceptable other than baby-time, so I’m going to have baby parties. Lots of baby parties. ;)

Hmmm. Maybe I should just start having more parties of other sorts.

8 Anna Macfarlane October 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I love your Friday posts. Inspiration to carry me through the weekend.

This Sunday is momentous 10-10-10! I am committing to doing 10 awesome things (one for 10 different people) and am spreading the love so others will do the same. Check it out: http://ahhnna.blogspot.com/2010/10/10-things.html

9 Kathleen October 8, 2010 at 7:15 pm

A mushroom! Great idea! I think I might steal it and make my husband dress as a garden gnome. My boys are too opinionated for me to choose their costumes, but I think amyks’s idea about baby June dressed as a frog is adorable!

10 Gandhali October 8, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Ahh, I love how you mentioned all the autumn colours (plus gold and white!)… You might like this pink bike (it’s spring here!!): http://thegraphicbee.blogspot.com/2010/10/pashley-poppy.html

I can stare at it for hours. Sigh. :)

11 katie October 9, 2010 at 1:14 am

love the maternity shots!! (i’m actually the third one) Mark is a great photographer and the shoot was so fun.

12 summar October 9, 2010 at 7:51 am

you should absolutely be a mushroom! I love it!

13 handmadecharlotte October 10, 2010 at 7:22 am

I am getting the pizza supplies today….that is so cute…my kiddies will flip as well…

14 Cathe Holden October 10, 2010 at 9:06 am

Hi Gabrielle- Thanks for making my blog tracker explode again! How I love finding my stuff featured on your fabulous blog!! LOVE the gender guessing party, had to tweet that one for sure.

15 Ashlea Walter October 10, 2010 at 10:27 am

A Few Things, how I heart thee.

The colorful home is lovely and I could definitely live there. Definitely not tooooo much color (is there such a thing?), but what a great balance of lots of STUFF with punches of color to keep things delightfully organized. I think the abundance of natural light helps too.

Thank you for the dose of inspiration and happy 10/10/10!

16 wide open spaces October 11, 2010 at 9:21 am

so glad the gender reveal party was a hit! thank you!!

xoxo – Emily

17 Krystle October 11, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I completely LOVE the gender finding out party!! It was soo cute & looked like so much fun! I sooo want to live in the colorful home too! Thanks for the wonderful links again!

18 Bettijo @ Paging Supermom October 20, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Funny… at first look I thought those favors cups were decorated toilet paper rolls ;)