Alt Summit

September 7, 2010

I know it’s still months and months away, but you know what I’m excited about? Alt Summit!!!

If you’ve never heard of it, here’s the 411: it’s a conference about design blogging. If you are into design and social media, you will LOVE it! It’s held in Salt Lake City during the Sundance Film Festival and it’s pretty much rad all the way around. Last year, the speakers were out of site — the keynote panel was made up of Maxwell from Apartment Therapy, Grace from Design*Sponge, Jean from NotCot and Heather from Dooce. (I know!) This year, it’s going to be equally impressive.

Kirtsy helps organize and host Alt Summit, and as a founder of Kirtsy, my assignment is to work with a team to put together the speaking topics and speaker list. It’s basically the funnest job ever. My team has received loads of great ideas and suggestions for panels this year, and we attempted to close our Call for Speakers last month. But then we heard from like one million of you that August was too crazy and you missed the deadline. Then we remembered how crazy our own August was and totally agreed with you. So. I’ve got some good news:

The Call For Speakers and Session Ideas has been extended. Best news ever! You have until the end of September to get your ideas and proposals in. You can email them to: sessionideas@altitudesummit.com — we can’t wait to see what you send.

P.S. — Early bird registration is open. Yay! If you’re chosen as a speaker, your registration will be fully refunded, so don’t wait to grab your spot.

image via Decor8

1 Erin Oltmanns September 7, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Alt was GLORIOUS last year. I can’t wait for 2011.

2 Tabitha (From Single to Married) September 7, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Sundance – couldn’t have picked a better place! I used to live in SLC and loved the things that you could do at Sundance like the open air theater and all the great restaurants. Then there’s the skiing of course, which I didn’t participate in… but my point is: it’s a beautiful place with lots to do so you’ll love it!

3 brooke @ claremont road September 7, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I want to go so, so, so badly. I’m not sure it’s in the cards for me financially this year, but I’m going to hold out hope that it will somehow happen! If not this year, DEFINITELY in the future.

4 Mary Ann September 7, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I wonder if I can talk my husband into letting me go… I want to go. I want to go. I want to go! :o)

5 Wendy September 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Would be a dream to go! AND I live in SLC. But, still a dream to pay for that big ticket. Will I think I got my money’s worth and then some?

6 Rachel @ Pencil Shavings September 9, 2010 at 3:52 pm

I told my husband that I REALLY want to attend this conference this year. I think it’s about time that there be a design-centric conference! What an excellent opportunity to meet some amazing creatives.

Besides. My hubs totally owes me — he’s taken TWO long weekend trips out of town by himself (read: not with children) in the recent past. I’d say I’m due a trip! :)

xoxo,
Rach

7 Jane September 13, 2010 at 12:02 am

I am not going to miss it this year!!! i’ll be there!!!