True Value Blog Squad

August 27, 2010

Friends, the folks at True Value heard that I love doing projects around the house, so they invited me to join their True Value DIY Blog Squad. I think it’s going to be fun. For the next few months, I’ll be doing big and small projects in the house — and outside in the yard too. I’ll gather all the supplies I need at my local True Value. Then I’ll report on the projects here.

I know exactly what I want to do for my first project: I made a list of a dozen or so minor repairs that need to be made around the house. Things like a towel-rack that’s fallen down and a curtain rod that’s broken. I’m going to schedule a Blair House Fix-it Day and take care of all those loose ends. I love checking those sorts of things off my mental list!

What about you? Any projects or fixes you’re about to tackle around the house?

P.S. — I’m joining a talented squad:
-All Bower Power
-Bungalow 23
-Centsational Girl
-The Handyguys Podcast
-The Lettered Cottage
-Thrifty Decor Chick
-The DIY Show Off
-Make a House a Home
-DIY Diva

Full disclosure. Also. Image here.

1 kalanicut August 27, 2010 at 11:13 am

I love a little DIY inspiration! Looking forward to seeing what you go to town with a little help from True Value!

2 Doug Edwards July 3, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I work at a True Value and it is great. I’m somewhat crafty and every time at work i see things and say, hey i could do this or i could make that! I have a hard time bring home my pay check!

3 Bree Harris August 27, 2010 at 11:41 am

Fun! Our next project is tiling the bathrooms and putting in new toilets. I never imagined I’d get so excited about new potties!

4 Anneliese August 27, 2010 at 1:41 pm

What a great idea! I love traditional neighborhood hardware stores like True Value–you never know what you might find. Looking forward to seeing the projects.

5 Liz Stanley August 27, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Great collaboration! Can’t wait to see what you do

6 Christine August 30, 2010 at 10:33 am

I just completed a new driveway spruce up. We laid down weed barrier, nailed in edging and then had new gravel delivered. Used lots of garden tools for digging and staking down the fabric. Also good metal rake for distributing the gravel.

Little thing – new gravel – looks great.

7 aimee @ paging supermom September 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one with lists including simple (but yet so intimidating and seemingly time consuming) tasks such as fixing the towel rack! Your fix-it-up adventures will serve as inspiration for me, no doubt!

8 Anne Keisman October 13, 2010 at 7:55 am

It’s so great how you involve your family in this project! And you make it look easy!

9 Ashley December 12, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I have a question concerning your snowglobes. I’m doing these for my kindergarteners to give their parents for Christmas & I’m having a really hard time getting the pvc pipe to grate! Is there a certain type?