CliqueShop

August 24, 2010

I’ve got a new project/blog feature to announce today and I’m so excited! It’s called CliqueShop and I hope you’ll love it. Each week I’ll be announcing a special deal — a deep discount or huge bargain on products we all love. If enough Design Mom Readers are interested in the deal, then it happens. If there’s not enough interest, then the deal is off. Sound good?

For the first deal, I’m featuring the non-toxic cleaning supply company, Eco-Me. They offer earth-friendly cleaning products for your home — even DIY kits if you’d like to make your own cleaning products. So cool!

THE DEAL:
Get a $25 gift certificate to Eco-Me for $10.

That’s right. $25 worth of product for only $10. I wasn’t kidding about the huge bargain! If you’d like to get in on this deal, go here and click “buy”. If 75 Design Mom Readers (or more) want the bargain, the deal will go through. Awesome!

Again, I hope you’ll love this. If we all buy together, we can use our buying power to get great deals. And we all love a deal. : ) As with everything on this blog, it’s an experiment. So I hope you’ll check out CliqueShop and let me know what you think.

If you love it, you can find out about the next deal — even before I announce it — by subscribing here.

1 Tala August 24, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Oh my! Designmom has a groupon? This could get seriously dangerous!

2 Sarah August 24, 2010 at 3:39 pm

This is great! It’s like Groupon or Living Social but with products you know I’ll love!

3 RC August 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Oh my, I love the groupons! I purchased my certificate. I hope this takes off.

4 Lauren August 24, 2010 at 3:52 pm

I love how awesome you are, Design Mom. : ) This is a rad idea.

5 Katie August 24, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I love this idea!

6 Leslie Call August 24, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Just bought mine! Thanks!!

7 Ayme August 24, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Geez! How does one accomplish so much? This is a great idea!

8 Marcie August 24, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Love this idea!

9 Jessica August 24, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Love this! :)

10 Tabitha (From Single to Married) August 25, 2010 at 5:50 am

great idea! btw – I just saw these products at a store yesterday and wasn’t sure what they were. Now I know. :)

11 heather August 25, 2010 at 6:10 am

I love this idea! And I’ve recently begun testing different eco-friendly cleaners so this is a perfect deal! You’re brilliant!

12 Sarah August 25, 2010 at 6:12 am

Of course Design Mom comes up with her own groupon site. Of course. How are you so cool?

13 Kat August 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

I purchased this awesome deal but I can’t figure out how to make another purchase… it would only let me complete one and when I went back to purchase another, a message came up “only buy once for each person, you have bought”
I’m not sure what that means… any help?

14 Salem August 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hi Kat,

So the way our checkout system works is that you can only buy one transaction per username per deal. (I know its dumb, but it’s our first week.)

The only other option is to sign in with a second username.

We are still developing things, so we appreciate your patience.

Salem

15 hyzen August 25, 2010 at 9:16 am

Awesome idea!! I’m definitely going to be watching for all the upcoming Clique deals!

16 Kelly Irene August 25, 2010 at 9:35 am

Really? Because I really needed another reason to spend money ;)
This is a great idea and I hope it works out well!

17 WhiskAwayNic August 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

Is it powered by Groupon? What a great partnership for you!

18 Salem August 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

Hi Kelly,

We are not affiliated with Groupon. We will be expanding soon to other blogs however. Feel free to contact us for more information if you are interested in hosting a Cliqueshop on your own blog.

Salem

19 Salem August 25, 2010 at 9:54 am

I meant “Hi WhiskAwayNic” not “Hi Kelly”.

20 RGS August 26, 2010 at 1:23 pm

It sure looks like Groupon.

21 Kat August 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

thank you so much for the info Salem, that is super helpful! Okay- off to buy some more! This is going to be my new “housewarming gift”- some of these beautiful kits. :)

22 Heartsong August 25, 2010 at 10:25 am

Same here. It will only let me purchase one & I wanted two or three.

23 Salem August 25, 2010 at 10:54 am

Hi Heartsong,

The way our checkout system works is that you can only buy one transaction per username per deal.

What you can do is to sign in with a second username and then buy a couple when you check out. You will get a unique code for each one you buy. So they should be easy to share and redeem.

We will continue to make changes to the system, but this is what we have so far.

Salem

24 Torrie @ a place to share... August 25, 2010 at 1:58 pm

a genius concept.
just subscribed (but under a different e-mail than this, so you may not recognize!).

25 justaub August 26, 2010 at 8:39 am

ok- love the idea and just purchased one…dumb question though…

do i have to wait to use the coupon until after the goal of 75 is met?

26 Salem August 26, 2010 at 10:50 am

Hi justaub,

Not a dumb question.

Once the orders hit 75 then the deal is on and you will receive an email with a coupon code. The coupon code will be activated within 72 hours of the tip.

However keep in mind, if we don’t sell at least 75 we will refund your money, but sadly you will not get the coupon at all(so tell your friends!)

Hope this helps!

Salem

27 Damaris August 26, 2010 at 9:40 am

Great idea., like a groupon for Design Mom. Love it.

28 Michelle August 27, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Love this! This is going to be SOOOOO bad! My Hubby might ban me from your site!

Not to mention, super excited about Eco-Me! I have been wanting to try them for quite sometime and have been waiting for a good deal just like this.

29 Maria Martino August 28, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Hi!
I received my coupon by email and have tried everything to use it but it doesn’t let me. It also gave me a secret code but there is no space for it.
I am also having trouble with the shipping address: the only option it gives me is “Canada”.

Thank you so much!
Maria

30 RC August 29, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Weird. I tried placing my order with my coupon code last night, and the only shipping method it gave me was “rush” shipping and it was $10. That kind of bummed me out a bit, and I held off on placing my order, since a 9.75% tax rate and $10 shipping made me think it wasn’t as great a deal as I thought. But I went back today to check on it, and it shows the shipping as only being $6. This is a lot more reasonable for shipping costs, and it also made me glad I waited until today to place the order.

Perhaps something was wrong with Eco-Me’s site at the time? I don’t know. But I thought I would leave a comment about it in case anyone else was having a similar experience.

I’m excited to try my Eco-Me Baby Box Set!

31 Kim April 22, 2011 at 8:40 am

Hi! I was just hoping you could provide an update of what is going on with Cliqueshop? Is this still a project of yours?